Law of Attraction Paths

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Law of Attraction Paths

Postby Simontology » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:22 pm

The law of attraction has been leading me on a path with many twists and turns and some interesting coincedences, including saying the words "take over intuition!" and suddenly my feet are moving faster and I catch a bus that comes around the corner as soon as I reach the bus stop.

What I want to know is, what kind of path is the law of attraction leading you on if any and what kind of strange coincedences have you encountered on your path?
Simontology
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby snowheight » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 am

I have a concentration of clients in Virginia.

I recently bought a car and because of my preferences wound up driving 70 miles to get it.

The town where the dealership is located is on lake Ontario and I took the opportunity to visit the shore. There is this park there that has a spectacular view of the lake, overlooking a lighthouse and a marina enclosed by a seawall about 200 yards out into the water that you can go out and walk on but only if you drive away from the park and navigate to this unmarked service road sandwiched between a a University dorm parking lot and a massive power plant with two giant smoke stacks that occupies a good square mile. It was a sunny, warm day suffused with the surreal beauty of the place.

As I go to drive away (still in my old vehicle) two spaces down in the parking lot there was this car with a for sale sign on it's window. Same make and model of the one I'd just signed a contract to buy. Virgina plates.

Doesn't sound like much but if you break down the odds they're actually pretty astronomical. I've been noticing stuff like this long before I read ET and this noticing was one of the factors that opened my perspective to his work.

Gonna cross link this with a similar thread. You might find it fun Simon.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby Simontology » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:44 am

Good story! And thank you for the link, I didn't see that, I'll post in that thread instead.
Simontology
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby svem1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks a lot! Very actual theme for me. As addition I recommend to read the article Using the law of attraction
svem1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby bf2 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Pity nobody told that fella Jesus about the law of attraction.

Chap does good things all his life. Then at a young age dies the most painful, slow and violent death.
bf2
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby snowheight » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:13 pm

bf2 wrote:Chap does good things all his life. Then at a young age dies the most painful, slow and violent death.


Ananda once related something insightful about this ... from some Vedic scripture perhaps?

What was never born can't ever die.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby bf2 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 am

snowheight wrote:What was never born can't ever die.


Oh that's alright then. Don't know why Jesus was saying things like 'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing' - clearly he was not nearly as as enlightened as people on this forum.

He should have said things like 'Hey I am not born, so I can't die - now drive that nail there a bit to the left - no, the other one...' or some such.

Or he should have said things like, 'Hey it's all God's wish - so it's a good job I have landed on the cross. You guys, don't worry about it - you are just doing what God wants you to do anyway. It's all part of a grand design. Carry on now, chop chop, we haven't got all day.'

But he does none of that. Instead he screams 'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing' - just like any other mortal. Shame.

Also, quite clearly he didn't know about law of attraction. Surely he had done something to attract his violent death. We all get what we think and all that. Exterior follows interior and all that.
bf2
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby snowheight » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:24 am

bf2 wrote: 'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing' - just like any other mortal.


When I first heard that as a child what struck me actually was the opposite ... how uncommon a thought that would be toward someone who had just nailed you to a cross.

Do you know about Gnosticism and the council of Nicea? ... There is a completely different interpretation of those words from either yours or mine ... I'm sure based on the context of this forum that you can guess what that interpretation is. :)

(here's a hint ... who else "knows not what they do"?)

The reason I asked you that question about early Christianity (before it was adopted as the state religion by the Roman Empire ... wow .... talk about a paradox :lol: ), was to point up that this outlook isn't so culturally alien to us in the West as we might first think.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

bf2, what do you actually know of the circumstances of Jesus' death? Do you remember being there or are you just referring to accounts written considerably later by people who themselves weren't there either? Rather than debating and speculating what may or may not have happened two thousand years ago, why not look for truth and the nature of being in this moment where it lives and effects us all directly in our immediate experience?

The thing is is that you are trying to make a case for something that lives only in imagination while life continues unfolding in our direct experience. What is the best focus of your attention? - now in your ongoing experience, or in drawing conclusions about what might have been?

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby snowheight » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 am

If ya' like tulips you can always go out to the store and buy one fully grown right before it opens up.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby bf2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Webwanderer wrote:bf2, what do you actually know of the circumstances of Jesus' death? Do you remember being there or are you just referring to accounts written considerably later by people who themselves weren't there either? Rather than debating and speculating what may or may not have happened two thousand years ago, why not look for truth and the nature of being in this moment where it lives and effects us all directly in our immediate experience?

The thing is is that you are trying to make a case for something that lives only in imagination while life continues unfolding in our direct experience. What is the best focus of your attention? - now in your ongoing experience, or in drawing conclusions about what might have been?

WW


This is the law of attraction forum. My objective was to analyse LoA in the life of Jesus.

I stated that Jesus must have been totally unaware of LoA, as he seems to have attracted a rather brutal and premature death.

If law of attraction is valid, it would mean an apparently enlightened person like Jesus didn't know how to control his thoughts, but our new-age gurus know all about it.

If on the other hand you claim that Jesus knew all about it and he foresaw his future, then it would imply he went ahead for the greater good, because he could see the 'grand design' behind it.

If that is the case, then he wouldn't be bothered that he was being violently killed - which contradicts his final words.

To summarise, I am simply pointing out that once you start thinking logically, you realise the level of bullshit in new-age preaching is truly bottomless.
bf2
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm

bf2 wrote:If law of attraction is valid, it would mean an apparently enlightened person like Jesus didn't know how to control his thoughts, but our new-age gurus know all about it.

If on the other hand you claim that Jesus knew all about it and he foresaw his future, then it would imply he went ahead for the greater good, because he could see the 'grand design' behind it.

If that is the case, then he wouldn't be bothered that he was being violently killed - which contradicts his final words.

Again this assumes the stories you cite about Jesus are accurate, and you can't know that. So you are making assumptions of details based on metaphor. Then you draw conclusions based on those assumptions.

The Bible is not sacred except that man makes it so. Truth however is sacred, and needs no historical authority to thrive in the heart of those who hold it dear.

What I read from the Jesus story is that his main mission was to help people wake up to their own greater being. He did speak of LoA occasionally however.

"Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and you shall be forgiven..."

"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

There are plenty more Bible references to LoA, but these are credited to Jesus. Maybe some of the New Age 'bullshit" that concerns you is just a clarification of eternal truths for evolving consciousness in the present context.

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby bf2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:06 pm

WW,
You are very welcome to pick and choose the bits of Bible that suit you.
bf2
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:28 pm

bf2 wrote:WW,
You are very welcome to pick and choose the bits of Bible that suit you.

Thanks bf2. However, are the quotes I chose not based on your stated interest?

This is the law of attraction forum. My objective was to analyse LoA in the life of Jesus.

I stated that Jesus must have been totally unaware of LoA,

Of course, anyone who quotes from the Bible or any other source is going to pick and choose. Are they not? Is there any other way to cite a source than to pick and choose what one wants to cite that provides appropriate evidence to their point? Do the quotes I offered not directly reference the life of Jesus as stated in the Bible and his underlying awareness of the LoA? The vernacular of his day may be difference but the inference to a law of attraction seems clear.

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: Law of Attraction Paths

Postby snowheight » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 am

bf2 wrote:once you start thinking logically, you realise the level of bullshit in new-age preaching is truly bottomless.


:lol:

You know bf2, the purity of this is such that I hate to mess with it ... in essence, the words say the same as this ... yes, logic about the illogical, in the end, leads nowhere.

But that end actually presumes that some direct experience has led up to it so here there's context to consider.

bf2 wrote:I stated that Jesus must have been totally unaware of LoA, as he seems to have attracted a rather brutal and premature death.

If law of attraction is valid, it would mean an apparently enlightened person like Jesus didn't know how to control his thoughts, but our new-age gurus know all about it.

If on the other hand you claim that Jesus knew all about it and he foresaw his future, then it would imply he went ahead for the greater good, because he could see the 'grand design' behind it.

If that is the case, then he wouldn't be bothered that he was being violently killed - which contradicts his final words.


Key to your assumption is that Jesus Christ was a totally separate, isolated, individual human being. Ironic that the direct descendants of the genocidal maniacs that crucified him decided that this wasn't the case 300 years later ... that instead, he was God incarnate. My understanding about what the Gnostics thought on this was a different, third vector altogether, and for that the murderous rage was turned on them. I feel a bit of that in your posts here bf2.

Be that as it may, as relates to the LoA the question of who, exactly, was this Jesus Christ, plays into our discussion thusly: if Christ died for all of us ... what he "Attracted" was the combined and collective brutality and callousness of the entire human race. Looked at in this light bf2, I gotta say, that this understanding that you project about this LoA business seems a bit limited and je june.

So if you're still with the council bf2, what does that say about God?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Next

Return to Law of Attraction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest