Picking up on collective thought patterns?

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Picking up on collective thought patterns?

Postby ZenDrumming » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Does anybody have experience with similar thoughts arising at the same time in two different people, or any other "psychic" occurrences?

I've always felt able to tap in to most others' inner states and direct conversations in a gentle, flowing manner, based on common perceptions. Lately, though, there have been many times that a thought spontaneously pops into my head as I sit with another, I voice the thought, and he/she says "I was JUST thinking that!" It's as if the idea suddenly inhabited my car, and both of us "noticed" it around the same time.

I've noticed many other situations that seem to suggest a collective thought (or idea) pool as well, including of course synchronicity that is just too wacky to ignore. I'm starting to pick up on how we communicate on deeper levels. It feels like it has always been happening, and it's just that most of us are completely unaware of it and how it effects our relationships.

So has anyone noticed something similar, and if so, have you found a way to cultivate this? Is it a "by-product" of awakening, or is it another skill we can develop to facilitate our living in the physical realm?
ZenDrumming

Re: Picking up on collective thought patterns?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

hahaha zendrumming!!!

I just moved a few posts into the Being Human thread.... and it's speaking to exactly this and the 'science' behind it.

So has anyone noticed something similar, and if so, have you found a way to cultivate this? Is it a "by-product" of awakening, or is it another skill we can develop to facilitate our living in the physical realm?

Yes, yes yes and yes!!!!
And, it's a hoot! Just like surfing, you can learn to read the waves, and ride them or get off them. Jump into the other thread and have a read, if you wanna come surfing with me... (sounds of the Beach Boys here... Let's go surfing now, everybody's learning how, come on a safari with meeeee,..... hahaha!)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ZenDrumming » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Wow! Jen, I seriously had you in my mind when I made this thread, hoping you would share some insight. I'm more of a snowboarder myself, but I've always wanted to try surfing. And we're in the middle of a heat wave here.. what better time? :D

I will definitely come check out that thread when I get some time to be able absorb it. Thanks!!
ZenDrumming

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Pinched to answer it over there where some of it has already been explained and can take it further as a specific.

See you in there : ) surfing, snowboarding same thrill till you nose dive into the surf/snow :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby boogeyman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:43 pm

I've noticed this with close friends and family. When you spend alot of time with someone you tune in on each other "frequencies". I'm the quite type so I guess it's easy to observe these things.
My wife usually says out loud what I'm thinking. This happens on a regular basis. Sometimes shes even dreams about what I was thinking. Theres a quite strong telepathic connection between us. I get this with my brother too when we have spent some time together, I barely have utter a word when he knows what I'm about to say.
I also pick up on thought and emotions quite easily and thats why I'm not really that fond of crowded places. I get easily swept with all the energy and can't keep centered at all.
boogeyman

Postby rideforever » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Okay ... what number am I thinking of ?

(Between 0 and 100.)
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby rachMiel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

I think that intuition and empathy account for a lot of what is called ESP. Some people have a genius for reading a person, by their look, voice quality, voice pacing, facial expressions, gestures, etc. Almost as if they could see their inner thoughts/feelings.

Much rarer, I think, is true ESP, though I do think it exists. And I think that doing presence/awareness work strengthens this ability.

A woman I used to study with, Toni Packer, would sometimes speak about this issue. She always poo-pooed it, saying that ESP was just another form of maya = illusion, and that embracing it would only serve as an obstacle to doing what she called "the real work" (awareness).

But I've remained interested in ESP as another one of the fascinating things that happen in this earthly/human plane (the only plane I know intimately). In fact, if there were a parapsychology program in my neck of the woods, I'd be there! :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby karmarider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 am

That's about where I am with it, RachMiel. I think people underestimate their own intuitive and natural abilities, and so tend to ascribe power to "higher" beliefs like ESP and beliefs in laws and gods and so on.

That's not to say the rest of it is not true. I don't know how the universe works. I do know that everything we could possibly need is within our own naturalness.
karmarider

Postby boogeyman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:51 am

rideforever wrote:Okay ... what number am I thinking of ?

(Between 0 and 100.)

74? :?

Didnt expect such a skeptical respose here ;) Thought this was quite normal if you just pay atention to it.

I always try to be as methodical when these things happen to rule out any subconscious ques and or bodylanguage. So far im convinced its real. The dreams that my wifes had about my thought also point to that as you can rule out any ques and also the thought were kinda personal that I would not share with her willingly :) Im sure with my brother I could be just picking up bodylanguage and other signs , but with my wife its much more hard to explain. Just today again she somehow knew I was expecting a package in the post and im 100% sure I hadnt mentioned it to her. She just started asking "Did you get your mp3 player already, or was it just a dream I had?" Its not the first time shed used those words "or was it just a dream" when she has picked up on my thoughts and ask me about it. Its like something in her subconsious that she vaguely aware of.

Ive also noticed this with just random people, how they pick up on the sense of being stared at. Works best with attractive ladies ;) It seems the amount of emtional charge is important. Theres even studies on this by a scientist called Ruper sheldrake, the sense of being stared at. If your interested I sugget you look it up
boogeyman

Postby boogeyman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 am

Sorry about the typos and grammar. I'm typing on my phone and its a pain
boogeyman

Postby ZenDrumming » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 am

I have also been realizing that a lot of this may be attributed to things such as body language. It seems that, when we are unconscious with others, we aren't really looking at them as they are when we talk to them. There are so many aspects of their conveyance that we are too busy to notice.

An interesting thing occurred to me recently. I wonder if certain "categories" of thought tend to produce similar subtle bodily responses in people.. to the point where our subconscious noticing of that may prompt the same thought in us. For example.. say I'm driving in my car with a friend, and we both are aware of a mutual friend having surgery being performed on him sometime during the week. In one of us the thought may arise, "I hope everything will go well with Bob's surgery." Now, this thought may trigger a physical response, which could communicate to the other, on a very subtle level, the idea of worry, specifically worry about another person's well being. The other's mind could then search through the list of "worries about another's well being" and choose the most distinct and immediate worry to express itself in the realm of conscious attention.

We know how to tell if somebody looks happy, sad, upset, angry. Who's to say that the more subtle nuances of those emotions can't be conveyed? Maybe details such as actual names and words can't be expressed this way, but they all come from somewhere, right? At the base level.. the level from which all arises.. we can catch these movements before they become concepts and labels.

I have seen some examples of synchronicity which either can't currently be explained (not that they never could be) or which seem too odd to be pure chance. But I agree that it's best not to dwell. If anything I like to see it as a nice little thumbs up :)

Either way, I am becoming increasingly aware of how we are constantly projecting our energies around us. Communication is SO much more than just words.
ZenDrumming

Return to Beyond the Physical