(not) proof of heaven (for me)

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: (not) proof of heaven (for me)

Postby randomguy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 pm

ww wrote:Life becomes more engaging as we give meaning to experience.

Thank you. This is pretty much opposite to my experience but I feel I know that as well.

smiileyjen101 wrote:what it is we are looking at or with ... I have no idea!!

A gem that.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby Yutso » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:04 am

treasuretheday wrote, "Didn't mean to open a can of worms. There is space for both exploration and pursuit of knowledge and the surrender to & embrace of not-knowing. Life is full of riddles and paradox."

I don't think you did. The vast majority of our life is beyond our understanding and beyond our control.

The Law of Narcissism needs proof and control of everything. Absolutely terrified without it.
Yutso

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:07 pm

yutso said The Law of Narcissism needs proof and control of everything. Absolutely terrified without it.

That's tickly-funny yutso, have you read Dr Alexander's book, or was it from noticing humanity's (as a species) growing narcissistic senses and behaviours - judging and demonising and manipulating and taking things personally?

Seeking to understand is a little or a lot at a distance to seeking to control, and sometimes the understanding is right on the tip of our nose but we choose to ignore it rather than take response-ability for the parts into which we have contributed (species wide or individually), or can contribute (species wide or individually).

But, the "Law of Narcissism" is tickly-funny - from awareness sense, possibly man's 'fall from grace' into separation, fear etc whereas, maybe the other species more often combine aware being in their doing.
Certainly in NDE accounts many of the traits of narcissism fall by the wayside with the 'refound' sense of total oneness with all things/beings/matter/experiences.

When re-integrated it seems that experiencers that tell of their tales do so with a notion of it alleviating their fears and need to control anything, and with regard for the human collective and the planet as a whole, less self, more selfless, less fear, more faithless - indeed some go 'too far' in their selflessness for a world-species that relies on degrees of narcissism as the base of many of its societies.

In a way Dr Alexander telling his story was more selfless, than selfish, although he admits to feeling the intense need to do so in order to faithfully fulfil the purpose of it, and more specifically, of it happening to 'him'.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical