Good and bad vibes from people

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Good and bad vibes from people

Postby Clouded » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:33 am

Do these vibes really come from others or do they come from you?
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Re: Good and bad vibes from people

Postby Onceler » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:18 pm

How big are you?
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby rachMiel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Clouded wrote:Do these vibes really come from others or do they come from you?

Both. It's a collaboration.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Clouded » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 am

I am enormous but I fit inside a tiny body. But vibes can be misleading. Some people are really good at acting and you get the wrong impression. Aren't vibes just your opinion about someone and not some metaphysical thing that surrounds you.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby starting » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi Clouded,
Happy New Year!

I think we are the responsible for everything we feel. Maybe I am wrong, but I’ve been noticing that when I am feeling good I experience good feelings from others too (maybe this is what you are calling good vibes) and when I am down, I mostly feel “bad feelings”; it depends on what you are open to receive and "see".
I think these "vibrations" cannot reach us unless we already feel something inside us.
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji
starting

Postby Fore » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:17 am

Clouded wrote:Do these vibes really come from others or do they come from you?

There are 4 causes for matter(vibration) to arise:

1.Food
2.Environment/ atmosphere
3.A present mental reaction
4.A past mental reaction
Fore

Postby handcycle » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Ideas do not leave their source.
handcycle

Postby Tomgh » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 pm

starting wrote:Hi Clouded,
Happy New Year!

I think we are the responsible for everything we feel. Maybe I am wrong, but I’ve been noticing that when I am feeling good I experience good feelings from others too (maybe this is what you are calling good vibes) and when I am down, I mostly feel “bad feelings”; it depends on what you are open to receive and "see".
I think these "vibrations" cannot reach us unless we already feel something inside us.

I second this. Here's one lecture by Eckhart Tolle in which he talks exactly about that:
Are thoughts the source of ego?

And I've experienced it too. At social places, I used to be scared of other people's aggression. And later when I felt much more confident and happy still sometimes I'd see some ones face, and he'd be like: Hey! (probably up to no good) and I'd say: Hi how are you!? Really not minding and just being transparent, and I'd see their faces change and responding in a way more neutral way.
Tomgh

Return to Beyond the Physical