Afterlife TV

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Afterlife TV

Postby Webwanderer » Sat May 31, 2014 7:58 pm

Bob Olson has a wonderful website where he interviews NDE'rs and, more recently, channels. Olson was a private investigator by trade so has a good eye for BS and has good skills as an interviewer. He has a gentle and inquisitive spirit which shows in his interviews.

For those interested in the interaction with, and life within, a non-physical perspective, the interviews he conducts are truly enlightening. One of the latest is with channel Paul Selig. Selig has a unique way of channeling (which I find rather annoying), but this interview with Olson is less channel and mostly a dialog with Selig the person.

I found the interview most excellent and highly recommend it for its insight and the easy nature of of Selig in his telling of the message of the channeled information. Here is a link to the interview:

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2014/01/30/r ... aul-selig/

There are many other interviews that are equally good. Although I have not explored them all, here is a few that I recommend:

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2012/03/10/i ... b-in-iraq/

There are three interviews with Sudman. The above link is the first. I recommend them all as well as her book.

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2012/01/19/d ... ore-birth/

There are two by Robert Schwartz. The first above. Both are highly informative.

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2013/04/11/o ... ter-death/

There are many other interviews that have valuable insight to offer. If one is interested in the fundamental questions of life and being, these are some great avenues to explore and consider.

Enjoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: Afterlife TV

Postby Onceler » Sat May 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Thanks, Web, I'll check them out.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:53 am

Hey WW,

Thanks for posting these. I wound up watching a few of the videos from Natalie Sudman on the website you posted and on youtube. I also watched the Eben Alexander interview. I was really blown away by it. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to NDE's, largely because I don't understand them much, but the stories these people tell are just incredible. Dr. Alexander's story completely blew me away. My hair was standing up after watching his interview. It brought tears to my eyes too.

I'm curious since you seem to have a lot of experience in this area, are most of these NDE's similar? What I mean by that, after watching a few of these, they all seemed to point to the same notion of Consciousness as a fundamental essence which is just incredible I think. I'm wondering, is this what many NDE's report in their experiences? Also, if people have had 'bad' NDE experiences (whatever that might mean), why do you think that would be?
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:36 am

Hi E2B. Glad you enjoyed the links.
Enlightened2B wrote:I'm curious since you seem to have a lot of experience in this area, are most of these NDE's similar? What I mean by that, after watching a few of these, they all seemed to point to the same notion of Consciousness as a fundamental essence which is just incredible I think. I'm wondering, is this what many NDE's report in their experiences?

Many NDE's are similar. Some others not so much. It seems that some NDE's go deeper than others. Some may be simple out of the body experiences never leaving the same room. Others experience a tunnel leading to a Light where 'deceased' loved ones may be encountered. Others yet have a religious theme based on their beliefs of their lifetimes where they encounter loving religious figures.

In general it seems to be a smaller percentage that have the deeper experiences such as the ones you cite. That still leaves a lot.

Some other excellent reports are Anita Moorjani, Mellon Thomas-Benedict, Dannion Brinckley, P. M. Atwater, Nanci Danison to name a few. There are plenty more.

Also, if people have had 'bad' NDE experiences (whatever that might mean), why do you think that would be?

Some people do have negative NDE's. Mostly materialists have them...(just kidding :P ). Dr. Alexander's NDE was rather negative in the early portion where he had the 'worms eye view'. It seems people sometimes take something of their expectations into their death experience. Those whose deeper opinions of themselves are negative and judgmental may have negative experiences, at least initially. They may believe themselves unworthy of Love, and/or fear exposure of their life activities, so they contract into a narrow focus that they feel they 'deserve'.

Those who lived in hate may find it difficult to let go of their narrow view on life and re-create an atmosphere of further expressing that hate energy. They are free to change their focus whenever they choose however, and move on into the more 'heavenly' realms that are available. It would seem that self-forgiveness plays a significant role here.

It's about choice and focus even in the non-physical, where manifestation of conditions in more immediate. I don't pretend to know all the answers here. This is just my understanding to date based on the considerable research that I've done.

The amount of available evidence and information for study is truly large and broad. More is coming available all the time as it's becoming less risky for experiencers to tell their stories. I've long since stopped caring what the critics say as I more recognize their fear and ignorance.

I can only recommend that anyone interested, keep an open mind and let the information speak for itself. There's no need to be gullible as there is plenty of supporting evidence for those who seek honestly. Likewise, it's not necessary to draw conclusions as understanding will continue to deepen so long as an honest exploration is being conducted. I'm always happy to share my perceptions if there are any questions that I may help with.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 pm

I just watched the Paul Selig interview and thought it was beautiful. I wasn't expecting him to channel. My mind is opening to so much more possibility as a part of watching these videos and articles posted here. Many thanks WW. Incidentally, I've been thinking for a while now how your WW is a wonderful image. To me there is an invisible line through the mid point which is crossed by the W lines. Like the fluctuating change of form over/in the unchanging Present. Lovely :)

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:29 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Incidentally, I've been thinking for a while now how your WW is a wonderful image. To me there is an invisible line through the mid point which is crossed by the W lines. Like the fluctuating change of form over/in the unchanging Present. Lovely

Cool. Kind of like the ebb and flow of awakening clarity. Well seen.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks for the info WW. I'll check out those other ones you mentioned as well.

One last question for you. I noticed in Dr. Alexander's interview, he mentioned something about how everyone's experience would be different in the potential after life or pertaining to NDE in that, (I'm paraphrasing) "Those who cause a lot of pain would endure a lot of pain". He said something along those lines. I had a tough time comprehending what he meant here because it almost implied a sort of 'heaven and hell' connotation.

Any thoughts on that?

Appreciate your time
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Enlightened2B wrote: noticed in Dr. Alexander's interview, he mentioned something about how everyone's experience would be different in the potential after life or pertaining to NDE in that, (I'm paraphrasing) "Those who cause a lot of pain would endure a lot of pain". He said something along those lines. I had a tough time comprehending what he meant here because it almost implied a sort of 'heaven and hell' connotation.

Here is my understanding of it: Most everyone goes through a kind of life review in order to glean all that can be gained from one's human experience. And while there is no judgment of right and wrong, other than that assumed by the the reviewer of one's own experience, it is quite far reaching in its scope. Virtually every experience is re-experienced, not only from the point of view of the experiencer, but also from the experience of everyone involved.

So, if one has caused a lot pain in life, they would experience that pain from the point of view of those that suffered from the reviewers actions. Not only at the first level, but also the reverberations out through several associations of experience from the one who suffered. In other words, the flow of pain caused would be experienced however far it went. It's an energy flow kind of thing. The clarity of what pain one may have caused could be quite 'hellish'.
(Of course the opposite is also true in the loving acts one expresses as these are also perceived through their many connecting layers.)

Understand, there is no judgment from the beings or the loving nature of our true home environment. What judgment may exist is only self imposed. But our expansion of consciousness is based on inclusion of all experience, thus there is great value in the life review seen through awareness of clarity regardless of potential pain or joy. Through that spiritual clarity in understanding, the purpose of the human experience is known and the inclusion of all experience becomes valuable as understanding and wisdom.

While identification as the personality of the human experience may be dropped or absorbed as a perspective, the knowledge gained from the Soul perspective becomes a component of the souls greater beingness.

There is also another possibility of 'hell'. Some departing human perspectives, who may believe so strongly in a particular view, or are traumatized to the extent of exclusion of all else, may create for themselves a conscious environment that entraps them for a time. It is a kind of dream like experience that they focus on to the exclusion of the beauty and love that surrounds them. This is of course, an aspect of choice. They are still loved unconditionally, and are aided in their greater return to the extent they can receive it. No one remains forever in these lessor states.

This also explains how some can experience a Christian Heaven, while others a Jewish, or Muslim, or Hindu, or whatever kind of afterlife. We simply believe it clearly and, as consciousness, we dream/imagine it into 'reality'.

I write this from my own understanding to date. I understand that it may seem rather foreign to some. So I recommend doing your own study and following your own inner guidance. That is after all, how I got to here.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:11 am

Thanks WW for your reply. Very interesting stuff you've mentioned. I'll have to try to digest it gradually and research more myself on this subject matter. I'm very interested to see more of these interviews as the subject matter has really made me interested now. After all, these are first hand accounts from people. Dr. Alexander's case has fascinated me and I'm contemplating purchasing his book.

Thanks again.
Enlightened2B

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks to both of you for having this public discussion. I'm getting a lot out of it :)

My overall impression of what I've seen so far on afterlifetv and read of WW's own descriptions of his current views is that there is a wonderful depth of insight and truth here. The intelligent design of the dream to aid growth of that beyond the dream seems to make sense in a way I haven't found from other perspectives attempting to explain life. The benefit one can reap from application of this knowledge into daily living seems unimaginable. With one foot gaining ground in the immovable Stillness of Loving Light, I reach out into the world, turning over rocks and seeing what lays under them..

Love

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:56 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:The benefit one can reap from application of this knowledge into daily living seems unimaginable. With one foot gaining ground in the immovable Stillness of Loving Light, I reach out into the world, turning over rocks and seeing what lays under them..

Nicely put Jack. It really does put life into a perspective that makes a lot of sense in terms of life management.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:01 am

Webby I just want to share and thank you for what a wonderful job you're doing sharing your understanding of these things, what a wonderful bridge you're building. Thanks.

Your take on the life review is spot on generally, I feel like I would like to add something to this in the hope it won't be misunderstood that pain is actually experienced in a life review within the light of all awareness, that seems slightly 'off' for me, admittedly I don't quite understand how it could be perceived as 'hellish' - you may have already answered it in the 'no judgement' mentioned in the second paragraph, I'm not sure.

So, if one has caused a lot pain in life, they would experience that pain from the point of view of those that suffered from the reviewers actions. Not only at the first level, but also the reverberations out through several associations of experience from the one who suffered. In other words, the flow of pain caused would be experienced however far it went. It's an energy flow kind of thing. The clarity of what pain one may have caused could be quite 'hellish'.
(Of course the opposite is also true in the loving acts one expresses as these are also perceived through their many connecting layers.)

Understand, there is no judgment from the beings or the loving nature of our true home environment. What judgment may exist is only self imposed. But our expansion of consciousness is based on inclusion of all experience, thus there is great value in the life review seen through awareness of clarity regardless of potential pain or joy. Through that spiritual clarity in understanding, the purpose of the human experience is known and the inclusion of all experience becomes valuable as understanding and wisdom.

In my experience, this 'reliving' although that's not quite 'right' it's more that when one IS totally nakedly, unbridledly love - gratitude & generosity energy in absolute equilibrium with everything that ever is/was/will be (and that's probably why that definition of love 'touched' me) when you are this then everything that you are experiencing is totally without judgement or fear or sense of 'wrong' or pain- it's (for me) far more like seeing / feeling / knowing / experiencing the totality of it - from 'stuff' that leaked into it from decades ago to what just happened - how everything is a response filtering perceptions along the way, but not feeling / knowing / experiencing it in any pain as such... ack... just 'is' experienced like an 'aha' moment where something becomes clear and loses its angst or resistance energy, so even though we kind of live the experience fully - in equilibrium all things are balanced, so in benign things hot cold become perfect warm, in more individually perceived former 'beliefs' in perspectives, all perspectives are simultaneously collapsed into equilibrium - so my 'anger' and 'hatred' for my teenage friend who had been murdered - her experience, his experience and my experience, and everyone else even remotely touched by an experience or perspective of the experience of it collapsed into equilibrium. So, what I saw / experienced / felt of my pain and anger and hatred in response in my perspective of that experience, I 'saw' that all of that that I had felt so violently and fearfully and energetically (and yes in all the ways that it fed into other experiences because of my attachment to it, and belief in it) but all of that fear, pain, anger, hatred was absolutely absorbed into and neutralised in the awareness of and energy of the gratitude & generosity energy that I was now completely experiencing.

So in the absence of fear etc there is only the absolutely free flowing of love - gratitude & generosity in equilibrium. In this naked equilibrium this is experienced in gratitude & generosity, so even the 'judging' of the one reviewing their previous experiences in separation from this, are done and experienced in this ...so hard to describe.... 'love' for self and other all as one. I (and I appreciate this is a singularised perspective) cannot imagine how anyone could hold any fear or sense of pain for any amount of time in this equilibrium. For me, maybe, one still has to somehow hold them self apart from it.

All I could see was that I brought that pain and hatred and fear to me, by me, through me and it tainted everything about my life experiences. It was like 'aha' ...oh... hmmm all in perfect okayness, with no recrimination, no judgement, no unfolding punishment or reward not at all, just 'is'. It's not that one may have caused a lot of pain etc, it's that one sees how and why that pain was caused by all the different perspectives of it as an experience.

My friend and murderer were both smiling at me with such love on the realisation - but kind of the same 'intensity' of an 'aha moment' no silly you, you had it wrong all the time, or even clever you now you see, just ' it is' this is how it is and now you see it, know it in totality. It's powerful, but powerful in its all encompassing awareness. It's like her murderer would have had the same benign realisation at that 'level' of awareness (even though as far as I was aware in life he was still living & in jail at the time - and yet, here he was 'with' her as one in this experience, just two sides of the one coin so to speak) and she would have had the same benign realisation about her experiences as well.

She used to (in life) be quite a staunch different religion to me and used to give me a bit of a hard time about some different perspectives too - all this was 'known', 'realised' 'accepted' and encompassed in the immediate totality of all the equilibrium as well. It needed no 'explaining' or defining, or defending it just IS known.

The holding onto and eventually letting go of notions of life & death made sense to me somewhat in a novel by M Scott Peck called In Heaven as on Earth - but I can't really explain or define how it spoke to me either. For me it's a helpful adjunct to the nde 'reports' or in my case, experience, and the differences as described by others.

If one could ever (and I don't know if one could) capture and hold the 'aha' moment experience --- how there is no recrimination, no remorse necessary, no 'karma' needing to be rebalanced, no punishment or reward just perfectly absorbedly 'is' known and from there built upon and responding differently. (albeit I guess there might be quite a few that will freak out that I've reduced an nde to an 'aha' moment :lol: oh well....)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks for you input Jen. Nothing like the voice of experience to bring more clarity to a challenging subject. I would suggest however, that you are reporting on your experience and it may be that it's not the only experience one may have in a life review. Certainly NDE reports offer a wide variety in the nature of the experience. Of course I don't have the direct memory of such an event, but in the development of my 'informed speculation' I have read reports where the experience was not the same for the reporter as what you describe.

Not that something similar wasn't available, but that someone who had a considerably less loving perspective on life as you had at the time of your experience, and lived a more abusive and hateful life, may well be consciously resistant to the environment of Love he/she deeply believes he/she is unworthy of. I don't want to belabor the point and suggest that it is common, only that the belief in hell has been with us a long time and has its origin somewhere. The literature out there on NDE's have at times reported hellish experiences. It seems unlikely that the concept of hell is solely the invention of religious tyrants attempting to control their congregations.

I'm not here attempting to sell the idea of hell. Whatever hell may exist seems to be solely a self created environment that persists until the experiencer lets go of it in favor of the Love that is natural and eternally available. Hmm. That free will thing has significant implications it would seem. Maybe the teachings of so many religious and spiritual figures throughout time, imploring us to learn to forgive, has merit and significance even into the greater reality.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:17 am

Not that something similar wasn't available, but that someone who had a considerably less loving perspective on life as you had at the time of your experience, and lived a more abusive and hateful life, may well be consciously resistant to the environment of Love he/she deeply believes he/she is unworthy of. I don't want to belabor the point and suggest that it is common, only that the belief in hell has been with us a long time and has its origin somewhere. The literature out there on NDE's have at times reported hellish experiences. It seems unlikely that the concept of hell is solely the invention of religious tyrants attempting to control their congregations.

Yes, it's this that is fleshed out very well imho in the M Scott Peck novel. And I wonder how integrated it is with the what we believe we create notions.

It's also something that I was curious about ... it was a question that I asked of a very high vibrational entity during meditation more specifically what about these different 'heavens' and 'hells' and rewards and punishments that people believe in, and that I had no experience of in the light, and he explained that that was indeed their experience of it, until they realised they were always free to let go of those beliefs and step into the full light.

I guess it is also true that my energy going in & what 'powered' me was selfless fearless love, for my son - gosh it really is a powerful force, even if it's not fully known as such.

Thanks again webby. Can I ask, of the 'hellish' ones you've learned about.. did they fear death afterwards, and or life, or did it transmute much like Dr Alexander described?

That free will thing has significant implications it would seem.

I would agree, .... if only we understood the nuances of it :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:Thanks again webby. Can I ask, of the 'hellish' ones you've learned about.. did they fear death afterwards, and or life, or did it transmute much like Dr Alexander described?

Most did not specifically address it in their reports. Others found it life changing in the same way most other NDE'rs did. Whether it resulted in fear of death I can't say. Some were atheists that believed there was nothing after death. You were just gone. For them it was a clear wake up call and paradigm shift. If there was fear, I suspect it was not of death itself as in oblivion, but rather the type of continued life experience that might await them. Again, I speculate here. There is a wide range of reports including those with religious beliefs of heaven vs hell that sometimes play out.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Beyond the Physical