Musing about Life Reviews

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Musing about Life Reviews

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:41 am

With the sad news of actor Robin Williams taking his own life today, my mind went to what an amazing Life Review his might be. While he suffered in the darkness of depression, how his sharing and humour lit the way for many others.

What is important in life, and understood in review (such as are detailed in nde reports) are the connections made, often unknowingly, that we are never alone and never inconsequential.

If people could only realise this in life - how precious the noticing of a yellow 'weed' in appreciation of its true beauty; how important the touch of hands or a smile to another; the breathlessness of the first glimpse of a baby of any species, and the connection with their co-creators in life. The raw beauty of a tear in sadness, or a laugh unbridled in joy.

There was a twinkle in Robin Williams' eye that allowed the humour to light the way into the hearts of others.

May he now know the importance of his being. And may we all learn the importance of our being.

nanu nanu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdz4dCMGbbw
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Re: Musing about Life Reviews

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 am

Sad to hear this today. Mrs. Doubtfire is what I remember him as, and Patch Adams.

Coming two weeks after a friend of a friend (who I had dinner with exactly a year ago) just jumped in front of a subway train to end his life. I never met another person who committed suicide prior to this.

I would imagine Robin's life review would involve all of the characters he has played in his life. That would be a fun life review. I hope he enjoyed the ride.
Enlightened2B

Postby Onceler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:28 am

I remember watching his standup comedy routine Live at the Met… The next day my sides literally hurt from laughing so hard.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Psychoslice » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:01 am

Very sad indeed, and such beautiful words smiileyjen, thanks for sharing.
Psychoslice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 pm

I remember Robin Williams starred in a film about the after life called 'What Dreams May Come' where his character died in a car crash. His wife, unable to survive without him, committed suicide. He then went to find her in the darker regions of the after life to bring her into the light.

When I saw that he had committed suicide I wondered whether the same fate would fall to him. Whether he would be filled with grief and wonder into the darker regions beyond the physical. The thought that a man who had brought such joy to me being trapped in suffering was painful. I reached out to him and wished him well. Asked him to move into the light if he wanted it. I didn't feel anything. Later that I day I did again and I was overwhelmed with a feeling of joy and peace. I'm sure he's doing well :)

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:50 pm

If I remember correctly, Williams character's children died first in a car crash. Then his wife committed suicide after a time of depression without them. Later, the Williams' character died in a car crash and went on to the main adventure theme in 'heaven' where he ultimately reunited with them in the course of the story.

Loved the movie. Who woulda thought?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 am

Funny you guys mention that movie. Just watched it again a month ago on an airplane after not seeing it since it came out in the movies. Really loved the movie as well.
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 am

I saw that movie (post nde) around the time a dear friend suicided. I remember being disappointed, it didn't resonate true for me. I thought it over-dramatised the 'hellish' aspects of not stepping into the light - just another heaven and hell movie based on choices made in life outside of the dogmas of popular controls.

For me it made a hell of the love between the mother and her children..., for me it would have been a more logical motivational movement into the light, not to stay apart from it. So it didn't make logical or spiritual sense. I figured the movie went along the lines of the punishing dogma of religions on suicide - just me though.

Although, some folks make dramatic hell of their life on Earth too, and I realise it's purely perspectives at distance and then the combined talents of writers, producers, cast and crew in a movie - also not unlike our own lives.

I thought he did a really great portrayal of the creepy guy in One Hour Photo ----
taglines ----
The things that we fear the most have already happened to us...
There's nothing more dangerous than a familiar face.
Er weiß, wo du wohnst! (He knows where you live!)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Beyond the Physical