Handedness - Brain Hemispheres

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Handedness - Brain Hemispheres

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 am

Hello everyone!

I have a background in medicine and psychology and through this I know a little about brain hemispherical lateralisation and hand dominance. Put more normally, the left side of the brain controls the right hand and the right side controls the left hand. As right handedness is more common I would imagine that most people are left brain hemisphere dominant. The left hemisphere has been shown to correlate more with behaviours such as language and maths e.g. abstract logical tasks. While the right hemisphere has been shown to correlate more with creative activities. Moving beyond my studies, this fits with sacred geometry - the ancient tradition that suggests the Universe has masculine properties, that limit and apply boundaries, and feminine properties, that expand and push out boundaries. So the left hemisphere might be thought of as more masculine, while the right is more feminine. [Here I'm using masculine and feminine as divine attributes, rather than socially accepted attributes - I'm not referring to male and female as a biological difference - more as masculine and feminine as behavioural attributes - beyond sexuality].

From this we might be able to say that most societies are more divine masculine than divine feminine. They are more focused on logic and manipulation of the physical, than expanding and exploring beyond the physical. I recently noticed that I was starting to use my left hand to do things. That it no longer felt weird to do things in this way. I'm still much more able with my right hand, but my left seems to be balancing out. This coincides with my developing ability to sense beyond the physical. I remember my brother being able to do this when we were younger - him boasting about being able to write with both hands - haha! Recently I found out he's had empathic abilities which he discovered as a teenager. Also, a work colleague once interviewed a lady who worked as a medium, who was so right hemisphere dominant that she couldn't remember her date of birth.

I was wondering whether anyone else has experience of this? Has their hand dominance altered since shifting? Have they always been left handed and had non-physical abilities?

I see the balance between masculine and feminine as very important. To define boundaries is important. To push them out is also important. I'm glad I'm moving in this way with this growing harmony. A friend of mine (who used to be an active forum member here) said she felt during awakening there is a shift of this dichotomy of masculine and feminine into something that is both of these, but also transcends and is more than both of these. I wonder, does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Re: Handedness - Brain Hemispheres

Postby KathleenBrugger » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:19 pm

This is an interesting question, Jack. I've been left-handed my whole life, and part of being left-handed in a right-handed oriented world is you naturally become more ambidextrous than the average person. But I can't say this has changed any as I've walked a spiritual path. But my progress has been slower than yours, so perhaps I just haven't noticed. :D

I have started doing QiGong, which I first heard of here from WW, and one of the things I like about it is that it emphasizes developing balance on both sides of the body. In the couple of months I've been taking classes, I feel as if my intuition is opening up, and you could say that is a balancing of the hemispheres. Even though I'm left-handed my rational left brain has dominated my thinking more than the intuitive right brain for most of my life, so perhaps I am experiencing a shift.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Haha yeah I've had a pretty explosive awakening! I get the feeling I'm an old timer in terms of human life experience. Just going through the usual awakening routine 'til I get to the real fun work on the other side!

So great to hear your account of things from a left handed perspective. It goes against my little theory that left handed people would be naturally far more creative minded, which is great! I'm glad this little cathedral belief system I was crafting has already shown it's cracks!

I get the sense that Biology is the result of Spirit. The divine masculine and the divine feminine energies create the biology. And so, it is not limited to such simple linear logic that the modern human scientific mind would postulate for it's own ease of calculation. Life is Life. Creative and Fluid and Free.

Love to you my friend,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby KathleenBrugger » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Haha yeah I've had a pretty explosive awakening! I get the feeling I'm an old timer in terms of human life experience. Just going through the usual awakening routine 'til I get to the real fun work on the other side!

So great to hear your account of things from a left handed perspective. It goes against my little theory that left handed people would be naturally far more creative minded, which is great! I'm glad this little cathedral belief system I was crafting has already shown it's cracks!

I get the sense that Biology is the result of Spirit. The divine masculine and the divine feminine energies create the biology. And so, it is not limited to such simple linear logic that the modern human scientific mind would postulate for it's own ease of calculation. Life is Life. Creative and Fluid and Free.

Love to you my friend,

Jack

I wouldn't say I wasn't creative before, because I was. Just that my rational mind was very strong. Yes science likes simple categories and dividing things up into types. Life could care less!

Love to you also. :D
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Return to Beyond the Physical