OBE - William Buhlman

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

OBE - William Buhlman

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Here is an excellent interview of William Buhlman by Bob Olson of Afterlife TV. Buhlman is a non-physical reality and consciousness explorer for some 40 years. He is connected to the Monroe Institute where he gives workshops on experiencing non-physical reality. This is a fun and informative hour. Buhlman is an energetic and knowledgeable advocate of the value of consciousness exploration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKS82YDjIY

Also, check out many more of Bob's interviews listed on his Youtube channel and his website. Most are more than good.

Enjoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: OBE - William Buhlman

Postby lmp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 pm

I listened to it, I especially remember and was interested by the question and point about that we are 'already there' in the OBE environment, just that we are so focused attention wise on this body experience.

I had an OBE a few months ago as I was asleep, it might have lasted 4-5 minutes as far as I can tell, I was in the kitchen and I was in the hallway and then there were these two familiar hands put on my shoulder blades that lifted me gently up through the roof of the apartment. As I protested to going straight up, I could sense that we were somehow about to go very far like straight out into space or something, the direction changed and instead we flew out through the kitchen window and across the yard and I wanted to go through the wall of the house on the other side of the yard but I was unable to as the wall caught me like it was a net instead of a wall. For some reason I don't remember my daugther woke me up at this point so it came to an end. An interesting thing was that I could feel the sensation of the hands on my shoulders for a couple of days afterwards, definitely on the first day when I sat at work I could still feel them. I felt this person was familiar, but I didn't get to see him.

I haven't really listened to videos on this topic and I wanted to ask if you know of any that have to do specifically with 'family life' or the persons in one's family. I have lived for ten years with my son and daughter and feel very close to them. I would like to know more about our ties in 'another dimension' so to speak. If you have a tip what to look for.
lmp

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:38 pm

Funny that you posted this now. I've been searching intensely the last couple of days on OBE and sleep paralysis and the relationship as I've been lucid dreaming a lot lately and flying in my dreams, largely in the early morning hours when I'm in and out of sleep. And I'm experiencing all of the 'prelude' symptoms like buzzing intensely in the ears, sleep paralysis and I hear that these are the gateway symptoms to OBE's. I know I'm close.

I also love this guy's description of the 'obsolete-mind/body/spirit' idea. Goodness, it's so much deeper than that. It's only the physical human mind which can't grasp the concept of multi-dimensional beings, that likes to cling to the 'mind/body/spirit' idea.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting.
Enlightened2B

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:44 pm

lmp wrote:I listened to it, I especially remember and was interested by the question and point about that we are 'already there' in the OBE environment, just that we are so focused attention wise on this body experience.

I had an OBE a few months ago as I was asleep, it might have lasted 4-5 minutes as far as I can tell, I was in the kitchen and I was in the hallway and then there were these two familiar hands put on my shoulder blades that lifted me gently up through the roof of the apartment. As I protested to going straight up, I could sense that we were somehow about to go very far like straight out into space or something, the direction changed and instead we flew out through the kitchen window and across the yard and I wanted to go through the wall of the house on the other side of the yard but I was unable to as the wall caught me like it was a net instead of a wall. For some reason I don't remember my daugther woke me up at this point so it came to an end. An interesting thing was that I could feel the sensation of the hands on my shoulders for a couple of days afterwards, definitely on the first day when I sat at work I could still feel them. I felt this person was familiar, but I didn't get to see him.

I haven't really listened to videos on this topic and I wanted to ask if you know of any that have to do specifically with 'family life' or the persons in one's family. I have lived for ten years with my son and daughter and feel very close to them. I would like to know more about our ties in 'another dimension' so to speak. If you have a tip what to look for.

Hey lmp, you and I just posted here at the exact same time coincidentally, so just read your post immediately. First of all, your experience sounds really interesting....do you know if it was a lucid dream or an OBE that you had? There is a difference. A lucid dream is an actual dream, just a very aware one. I've been lucid dreaming an awful lot over the past 6-7 months or so and I fly a lot in my lucidity. But, it's more a matter of knowing that I'm intently flying under my own free will. It's such a bizarre, scary, but incredible experience. I have had night terrors since I was a kid and when I get to the sleep paralysis phase, I'm frozen in fear which I believe is a factor not allowing me to actually leave my body. When you had your experience, did you feel any buzzing in your ears/body? Any paralysis initially?

Check out afterlife TV page, there's a ton of info on there on OBE's of every possible kind. It might help in what you're looking for.
Enlightened2B

Postby lmp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:35 pm

I cannot tell them apart to be honnest, lucid dreams or this thing. I've had a few, not many, lucid dreams where I could engage in the dream and touch stuff and so forth, very very aware dreams as you say, with intentions, explorations and the abilty to do things and participating and steering the dream. One of them involved a girl I lived with as a teenager, in the dream I longed desperately to find her as I hadn't spoken to her in over twenty years and somehow I missed her. The next morning she contacts me, in real life and says I came to her in the night, in her dreams. She lives in another city now, pretty far away, is married and has kids and so forth.

The reason I said it was an OBE is not because I know that it was or that there was buzzing or paralysis or anything, rather because it was a very clear experience, I wasn't aware of it being a dream or anything, rather it was just happening like he said suddenly he put his arm through the wall. I was simply minding my own business when the hands grabbed me. I felt as if I was more or less awake. I could see the bricks and stuff inside the walls/roof as we went through them and this person had no intention of doing anything against my will. I got the feeling he wanted to show me something but was patient about it if I didn't want to. I do remember that it was daylight outside which doesn't match the fact that I was asleep at night.** I had had a very powerful experience in the day before so I wasn't so surpised that something new happened during the night as well.

Well that was a little bit about it. Nice to hear that you are enjoying your nights.

**edit, perhaps it was morning as I was woken up by my daughter, sometimes memory does not serve us well
lmp

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:12 am

Thanks for sharing your experience lmp. Interesting story. Whether it was an OBE or lucid dream (as likely one of the two), it was definitely an impacting experience for you, which is all that matters.
Enlightened2B

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 pm

So, I watched a couple of more interviews with William Buhlman on youtube and I really like what he has to say. This guy really 'gets it'. The only thing I was interested in, that I didn't hear from him, from the two interviews I watched on youtube (and I might purchase one of his books) is that, through all of the OBE's that he's had, it doesn't sound like he's gone as deep as certain near deathers to understand or see his past incarnations, or why he incarnated here. Meaning, in NDE's and between lives regression (Michael Newton/Brian Weiss/Robert Schwartz stuff), there is a realization and recognition/remembrance of who you are and why you came here and why you experience certain things in this particular human life that channeling can often provide as well. I haven't seen William acknowledge his own personal remembrance of why he chose to incarnate or any reference to other souls in his soul group. Perhaps I missed it or I haven't read/watched enough about this man. But, because he has a wealth of information on our non-physical true selves, I'd be very curious to know more about this.
Enlightened2B

Postby lmp » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:19 pm

How specific, or in what way are they specific, some of the reasons they found for incarnating here? If you could give or point me to an example. Thx
lmp

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Imp, you might consider doing a study of the works of Dr Michael Newton. He is a hypno-regression therapist who stumbled on what happens between lives. Here is an interview you may may find helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THMQF6qr3WQ

His book, Journey of Souls is better for a real in-depth look at the nature of incarnation. Enjoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:13 pm

lmp wrote:How specific, or in what way are they specific, some of the reasons they found for incarnating here? If you could give or point me to an example. Thx

Hey lmp, in addition to WW's recommendation, I VERY highly recommend the work of Robert Schwartz. I just finished his book 'Your Soul's Plan'. If you allow yourself to open up to the information provided, it will literally blow your perspective wide open.

Here's an interview with Robert as well you might enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEOugRfLVus

As to your question, as far as specific reasons, there are a plethora of reasons. Largely, from my understanding and the research that I've done of late, we incarnate as part of soul groups to learn or experience certain aspects such as courage, bravery, overcoming an illness, etc. The whole purpose of incarnation (and there is one) is for the expression of Love which is our nature. But, because Love is our nature, in our non-physical homes (less dense layers of reality), we are spiritual beings who only know Love and nothing else, and therefore, a different way to understand our nature better, is through contrast....aka... the experience of something that seems to contrast Love, which can only take place in a reality of perceived separation (physical reality). For example, we might incarnate here to experience what it's like to have a traumatic injury or illness and learn to express our true nature as much as possible through this illness or injury. OR, we might incarnate also, to help out another soul in the soul group. In one lifetime, that soul might be our mother, while in the next lifetime, that soul might be our spouse or even an enemy of sorts. So, we might incarnate in a life to have an early death planned, so that another soul group member can have the experience of working through grief, which will, in turn help that soul evolve to a higher level of being in their vibration. Meaning, there's always a larger context to all events. This only proves that the destination is not nearly of as importance as the experience along the way which holds the true value from a higher perspective of Being. Even William Buhlman talks about our purpose in one of his interviews as he acknowledges that the physical life is a somewhat 'training ground' of sorts where we come to experience things like 'courage' in his words.

So, I highly recommend the work of Michael Newton, Brian Weiss and Robert Schwartz.
Enlightened2B

Postby lmp » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 pm

E2B, I'm not taking for granted that it interests you but a story came into my head so I'll write it. I have had two strong intuitions in my life. The first one is that my life is really about my childhood, there was so much love there, for me. When my mother passed away I went on a trip/journey with my father and one evening I asked him why they had decided to have me, another child, my brothers were 10 and 13 years older than me. He said that he had thoughts about separating from my mother at that time and she said to him that she wanted a child to raise by herself, she felt that when my brothers came she was still very young and perhaps immature and not ready. Now her wish was to raise a child without the influence of another adult (my father in this case) or without the differences of opinios they had had when it came to children. They ended up staying together and one may have different opinions about what my mother said, but to me, having raised kids by myself, I feel it was a very loving wish my mother had. She basically gave me all her attention but in a free manner, she was very altruistic, could hardly think about herself.

The second intuition is about my interest as an adult, just to develop spiritually for no particular reason at all. At least I haven't found a reason yet. So I strongly feel that there was a purpose about my childhood, but now I'm just free to do whatever I want it seems. Well, that was the little story anyway. It was meant to say something about reasons for being here. If you have some ideas about your life's particular purpose it might interest me to hear about them.

I will listen to mr Robert soon. I just watched a longer video by mr Newton that webwanderer recommended.
lmp

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Imp said: having raised kids by myself, I feel it was a very loving wish my mother had. She basically gave me all her attention but in a free manner, she was very altruistic, could hardly think about herself.

I find this just gorgeous Imp, you do not even see the loving gift you gave to your mother - to agree to come and BE that child that she could love in that way. Just gorgeous :D

It hits up against the notion - in the wider sense - that we are all in service to each other by sometimes 'unknown' agreements.

How do you feel with the idea that you were also very altruistic in the relationship from the very beginning?

So I strongly feel that there was a purpose about my childhood, but now I'm just free to do whatever I want it seems.

You always were free to do whatever you wanted, and were doing what you 'wanted' in service to your Mum's (and Dad's) experiences as a child. As an adult you may find in relationship it's just more of the same :wink: with your own children and others on your path.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 am

lmp wrote:If you have some ideas about your life's particular purpose it might interest me to hear about them.

That was a lovely post lmp. I agree with Jen.

As for my purpose. I wish I can tell you, I understand, why I incarnated here pre-birth, but I'd be lying if I did :D .

Purpose, ultimately, is whatever we perceive it to be on an our outer level. Yet, it's funny because it's not far off from Eckhart's teaching in 'ANE'. We have an inner purpose which is awakening and the outer purpose is of less importance. I feel like every single one of us and every living and non living thing in this universe, has the same ultimate purpose, which is realizing that Love is all there is, which is our nature (which is our inner purpose), but merely a matter of how we go about learning and evolving as soul expression which is the (outer purpose). Physical life is all about the expression of love through various vehicles of aware energy. Everything in this universe merely represents possibilities of exploration for Consciousness from a grander level. And yet, from a soul level, physical life is our classroom, so to speak. All of our experiences in these solid lives, whether we are conscious of their planning or not, are here for us to evolve and wake up to who we are. By evolve, I mean reach higher vibrations of being by going further and further inside of ourselves. Relationships are all around us and they are our biggest assets here. They are the textbooks while the universe is our classroom. How we relate to each other and other things, will determine how we perceive ourselves and our experiences. All opportunities for growth.

In my experience, I was on a path to a successful career in Public Relations. It's interesting because, I had all of the networks and was in grad school about to land a big internship, when I got sick. I developed crohns disease and chronic fatigue syndrome and at the time, it seemed like, my life took a turn for the worst. But, the illness led me down the path of meditation, holistic health and eventually some years later, spirituality with Eckhart Tolle and now further into energy awareness and such. So, was the illness preplanned? I don't know. Maybe. The way I see it, I know that my illness was brought on by my poor emotional health and stress that built up in my life for so long and possibly previous lives as well. However, this could very well have been something I planned pre-birth as it changed the direction of my life ultimately into one that led me down the path of spirituality, and I never wound up working in PR as I lost the energy/motivation at the time to pursue further with that career. My life was consumed with researching holistic health cures for myself at the time :lol: .

Personally, I'd very much like to go for a between lives soul regression session as I've been reading a lot about it and while I don't think it's ultimately incessary, I think it could provide a lot of useful information.
Enlightened2B

Postby lmp » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:02 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Imp said: having raised kids by myself, I feel it was a very loving wish my mother had. She basically gave me all her attention but in a free manner, she was very altruistic, could hardly think about herself.

I find this just gorgeous Imp, you do not even see the loving gift you gave to your mother - to agree to come and BE that child that she could love in that way. Just gorgeous :D

It hits up against the notion - in the wider sense - that we are all in service to each other by sometimes 'unknown' agreements.

How do you feel with the idea that you were also very altruistic in the relationship from the very beginning?

So I strongly feel that there was a purpose about my childhood, but now I'm just free to do whatever I want it seems.

You always were free to do whatever you wanted, and were doing what you 'wanted' in service to your Mum's (and Dad's) experiences as a child. As an adult you may find in relationship it's just more of the same :wink: with your own children and others on your path.

There is a feeling in my life that my life is not necessarily about me, which is of course on the altruistic side of things. Perhaps many people can say that though, in some sense. I feel great about it tbh, the altruism question, it was a good gift to give, indeed. I get a bit tearful thinking about it now. Great that you told me.
lmp

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:11 am

E2B said: In my experience, I was on a path to a successful career in Public Relations. .

This is interesting to muse upon E2B --- who says that your PR career would have been 'successful'? :wink: And, by what or whose measure? We do this to ourselves all the time, deceive ourselves with that which is not - either being better or worse than that which is.
("Oh, what a tangled web we weave; When first we practise to deceive!" from Marmion by Walter Scott)

It's interesting because, I had all of the networks and was in grad school about to land a big internship, when I got sick. I developed crohns disease and chronic fatigue syndrome and at the time, it seemed like, my life took a turn for the worst. But, the illness led me down the path of meditation, holistic health and eventually some years later, spirituality with Eckhart Tolle and now further into energy awareness and such. So, was the illness preplanned? I don't know. Maybe. The way I see it, I know that my illness was brought on by my poor emotional health and stress that built up in my life for so long and possibly previous lives as well. However, this could very well have been something I planned pre-birth as it changed the direction of my life ultimately into one that led me down the path of spirituality, and I never wound up working in PR as I lost the energy/motivation at the time to pursue further with that career. My life was consumed with researching holistic health cures for myself at the time :lol:

I think life is more fluid and can be seen as such when we pay attention to the reality, rather than branch our attention out into expectations and overlays on reality that distort or minimise the wonder of what 'is'.

I don't think we ever leave behind the wisdoms gained in our experiences, they become a part of the growing 'us'.
Your studies, interrupted as they were, were valuable in experience and in expanding your awareness to the degree that you absorbed them, and you've likely influenced others with them, as others have influenced you.

We find ever more intricate nuances to play with as we absorb more and more aspects/perspectives from inside or outside of the experiences. Eg with your PR studies E2B many of the things you widened your awareness in - as both sender and receiver of information and evaluation of it - will be influencing your capacity to decide more wisely in new arenas. It's all inter-weaved all growing awareness, capacity & willingness. None of it wasted or not of value.

Your studies possibly allowed you to listen more to your body, and more clearly evaluate information affecting your own health and well being as you lived your life in motion. No spiritual doododododo required, just growing awareness, capacity & willingness to absorb it and respond with it.

For me reading the above - you see physical cause & effect creating the illness that has allowed you to make different choices, so the circumstances + your wider awareness create the 'now' experiences, while leaving no 'blame' in previous experiences and choices. It's the same for us all. No one and no thing excluded.

I like your thing about the universe being our classroom, our relationship (the way we respond to what we see / feel / interpret in our experiences) to everything allows us to simultaneously teach and learn, give and receive, amid the unlimited possibilities in experience.

I too don't know the degrees to which any of it is 'planned', I think I think less so than others might. Our genetics and our environment are to a degree like a blueprint with intrinsic limitations/parameters, but within those and with those we still have degrees of autonomy in how we view and learn from our experiences, which move us into one set of experiences (or down one path) over others.

It's upside down in logic, but I think what might have been pre-seeded is not the experiences or even the limitations them self, but the degrees of awareness, capacity & willingness that we choose to come into this life with
and it's this that is holographic in nature - the awareness, capacity and willingness to further grow them (that is to grow awareness, capacity & willingness) in and through experiences in our physical classroom.

This would explain the nature/nurture dilemmas wherein identical twins can still have totally different experiences of the same physical environment and influences. But it's probably above my pay grade to explain it physically or spiritually lol!
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Next

Return to Beyond the Physical