The Dead Corpse of Materialism/Reductionism

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: The Dead Corpse of Materialism/Reductionism

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Ahh...I missed that...definitely changes the context of my interpretation of your post. That could have saved me a half hour of writing my other nonsense aftewards LOL. Thanks for pointing that out. Very much agree.
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:10 am

Enlightened2B wrote:...there is not just absolute and relative.

I'm not sure I agree. What else is there? The way I see it is that Absolute is the all of all. (Or pick your favorite definition of All inclusiveness and Source.) Relative is an expression of context. Things, ideas, energy, potential. All have a quality of relevance. Even in a multiverse of infinite universes there is a relative nature to whatever may be in a given context.

No doubt the reality of such speculation is currently above my pay grade and is only an interesting exploration that brings a bit more context to my ever evolving perspective. I'm only offering possibilities for consideration. I find it consciousness expanding. Then of course, it's back to paying the bills and taking out the trash. As I walk to the road I wave at the neighbors. What an experience. If they only knew.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:26 am

Yes. I agree nor did I mean anything different. Within the context of when I wrote it, I was referring to the idea of black and white.

Within a certain context there is of course the absolute which is.....the absolute (granted I still don't what that even is or if it even exists).....and then anything else is a relative "form" so to speak, including the entire spirit world. But, within that relativity, there is much to the multi-dimensional aspect. Yet, perhaps the absolute is relative to another absolute and so on....meaning perhaps there is no true Absolute or at least one that we can possibly even attempt to fathom with our limited minds.....other than fractals upon fractals. :shock:

Above all of our pay grades.
Enlightened2B

Postby DavidB » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 am

Webwanderer wrote:Then of course, it's back to paying the bills and taking out the trash. As I walk to the road I wave at the neighbors. What an experience. If they only knew.

Haha nice. In the end I think, this apparent disparity it seems, becomes a final hurdle. Giving up the idea that I am special.

But then, not entirely dismissing the fact, that my unique perspective, will only ever occur in me and never again. Just don't let the ego know. :wink:
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Mystic » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 am

Idealism versus materialism, Plato versus Democritus :D

It appears that materialism is dead with the quantum eraser experiment.

Tom Campbell also speaks some in parts of this interesting video. Are we living in an interactive virtual reality simulation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpwcQi7r8qE

"Is everything an illusory simulation? Was the world created by a non-physical force that we can communicate with and possibly influence with our minds, thereby participating in the creation of our own reality? These are the grandiose existential questions central to this documentary, which introduces viewers to the concept of the Simulation Hypothesis."

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness.”
– Max Planck

“Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.”
– Niels Bohr
Mystic

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical