NDE beyond religion

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

NDE beyond religion

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:03 pm

This was posted on face book. It's a near death experience of a woman. Thought I'd share it here.

I was aware of being combined with all the other “thoughts” or shapeless and infinite “souls” of every person or creature who has ever lived or dies or been or is, those waiting to be born and those who have already lived and died. I was aware of suddenly having infinite knowledge, I knew all languages, ALL languages at once, all religious thought, all everything. I was one with the Creator and with Creation itself. I was the Creator. We all were; those who haven’t come back still are. It’s impossible to describe. I was aware that my earthly body, my container or vessel of my soul had been shed, and I was so much more.

I knew all things. I was God along with everyone else, and yet God was still there in superior existence too. A universal power that was gentle and kind, humble and pure. God lives in me, the soul of God was breathed into my dead body when I chose to live. Individual thought awareness yet of one being, one whole, without definition or separation away from each other. We were in and through and with each other. It was incredible. Humbling, beautiful beyond beauty, and powerful in the most gentle and kind of ways, and loving and peaceful that “transcends all understanding.”

I have an entirely different understanding of God after the experiences. I believe that all are related, and trying to pin it all down into one religion or another is missing the point. We cannot define God, whatever we wish to call it. God isn’t a person or an entity; God is undefined, fluid, existence, essence of life. Everything is a soul and spirit, even the rocks and the hills. If it is in nature, it is spirit and life.
I realized especially the significance of the nature of being a soul with a body, rather than the other way around, which is the way that western religions teach it. When I came back from the experience, the words “they have it all wrong” resonated within me when thinking about major western religions. I knew that I had been with, in, and most importantly, OF the Creation and Creator; that is the life that was breathed back into my dead body, and lives in me now. I had experienced that One, I was and am the One that lives in me.

I had understood in “tongues,” meaning I understood all languages and could communicate simultaneously with all. We were all one, so communication wasn’t as much linear, with one word after another like it is in the world. Thoughts and ideas flowed, but not the same way. I knew all things, strange as that sounds. It was beautiful and humbling. The God that man has made into his image is very different than the God of Life Itself. The simplest lesson that Jesus taught: We are God. Jesus got it. He understood the deepest and most significant aspect of who we are and who God is. Since my experience, my religious understanding doesn’t really align with the standard Christian or Catholic understanding I was raised with or have been a part of. The world doesn’t seem to readily embrace this concept.

I had been skeptical about stories of near-death experiences, seeing the light, seeing one’s body, etc. That changed. Also I had learned all my life that God is separate from us and doesn’t want us to have his knowledge or immortality as described in the book of Genesis. I had different beliefs about what heaven was, about Jesus and about how believers are supposed to behave and what they’re supposed to believe. My idea of God and Jesus and Holy Spirit changed radically. I learned that we are not separate from our creator except as we choose to be separate. Consistent with my former beliefs are that the universe is created and we are part of that creation. Inconsistent with my former beliefs is that we also perpetuate the creation, that we are God.
It still is difficult and a little bit scary for me to say that, because I was raised to believe that it was blasphemy for anyone to say something like that, and anyone who believes it is off their rocker, and possibly dangerous! Jesus was considered a blasphemer by his peers, too. I had always learned that God is separate, “holy,” omnipotent, demanding praise and sacrifices, and that humans are infidels, undeserving, unworthy, sinful by design. Now I know that I am God, however, an equal not a lesser. God breathed life into me and lives in me now. It’s a humbling knowledge, though. It’s also pure love.
I believed in death, purgatory, and heaven/hell as a “place” you go “up there” to “live” out eternity, but I learned that isn’t the way it is. We choose life to start with, and we can choose reincarnation into this world or another world, this universe or dimension or another, and this form or a different one. We can also choose to remain in the whole Oneness, and it is all flexible, not permanent, just as this life on earth isn’t permanent, either.

I have continued to receive revelations regarding religious beliefs as they have been handed down through the centuries, but here I’m relaying only what happened during the experience itself. I learned that it doesn’t matter whether Jesus was married or not, or whether or not Mary was a virgin impregnated by a spirit, or not. Those are man-made necessities for faith, somehow! Knowing God inside me, I’m not sure why it’s so important, except perhaps as an excuse to be imperfect, less than we are created to be, by saying only Jesus was perfect and sinless and born of a virgin. NO. Jesus said we are all alike; he never put himself above anyone else, and often the opposite, and taught others to do likewise. Wash each others’ feet. Serve. Humble yourself in love. Be courageous in the face of adversity. Do the right thing even if it means personal sacrifice or humiliation.

I value life, do not fear death but rejoice in it, knowing that death is not an end but a beautiful togetherness, flexible, unending, another exciting journey. I still believe in God, but I see more clearly the exploitation of biblical knowledge for power and self-gratification by large organizations, and often by individuals. I see how insignificant our lives are as one self in comparison with the whole journey; our egos are bigger than they need to be. Humans tend to be self-important, but we really aren’t the hotshots we like to think ourselves. Our scientific knowledge has come a long way, but is still in baby steps. It’s much bigger than us.

Mostly Christian idea of “heaven,” “God’s Kingdom,” etc is all wrong. When we as people love enough and harness our love, really internalizing love’s power, and believe in our godliness and holiness and magnificence in the same way, when we internalize and allow ourselves to be the creator, then we will know heaven. It’s ok to argue with God. The God of man, or man made God is not the same as the true One presence.

God or a supreme being exists; the irony of that is that we are all a part of that one supreme being, which is our home where the heart of us originates and lives, but separated from it by our earthly physical vessels (bodies). God is supreme, but we are God, so we are also supreme, but don’t know it. Somehow fear separates us from embracing our true origin and existence. Where I went there was no fear. No worry. I felt more a sense of curiosity, a kind of “so this is what it’s like!” Just being in the moment. Here I am. Part of the universal knowledge was understanding earthly sorrow left behind. But there It was all beauty, not in a physical or visual sense of beauty because where I was there was no color or shape, yet in the sense of emotion and knowledge wrapped into one that I can’t possibly put into words. Pure joy, pure peace, pure love, purity itself that was love.

The infinity, oneness, flexibility, omniscience of all beings; that it is our physical bodies that separate us from the One that we are, as water poured from a pitcher into individual glasses, where we stay until we die and return to the whole. Another knowledge was all languages, spoken and unspoken. The purpose I received was to circulate this knowledge, and the love, to get it to as many ears and reach as many souls as humanly possible, and then some. Knowledge that love is the purpose, or that the purpose of love, is life. Love doesn’t come from life, but the other way around: life comes from love. Love is first, and generates life. love is the breath. Love expands the universe and love is the connection, but it isn’t “love” as in specific one-on-one relationship love, but rather a universal philanthropy that covers all, embraces and digests all so that all oneness is love.

I encountered information that human interpretation of biblical or religious nature is often wrong, made by man and described or explained for man in human terms, but mostly wrong. That our human minds are young and frail and underdeveloped, almost primitive; that our lives are merely a moment in universal time, and we are like specks of dust, or merely cells all making up the one universal Creator. The only redemption we have on earth is love. Love is what makes us: we ARE love, it’s what we are made of, not something we do.

I encountered information that we are literally Jesus’ brothers and sisters like he tried to tell his followers in his time. I learned his message was very much simpler than mankind has since made it. We are God. We come to this earth in human form and then begin to mold ourselves in to human likeness, taint ourselves with human habits. Jesus was no less human than we are; he chose to stay connected with God above everything else, and teach what he knew, even at the risk of death, but what he knew and tried to teach was not as difficult as we since have made it out to be.

The Christian cycle of life is really not much different than Israel’s cycle of defeat and faith in the Old Testament. Christians have the same, almost identical fallacies, just by a different name. Jesus warned his followers at the time, to not fall under the same human tragedy that his forefathers and peers had done, exploiting God and religion. His message was so simple, but it’s been twisted and turned and exploited in the same way. And the earth will cycle as it’s always done.
Enlightened2B

Re: NDE beyond religion

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks for sharing E2B

What, if anything, touched you about this particular aspect?

It's tickly-funny to me, that whatever this sense of awareness, this beyond the 'normal' consciousness, capacity & awareness is, we all seem to come to the same realisation -
When I came back from the experience, the words “they have it all wrong” resonated within me when thinking about major western religions.

I don't know that I'd even limit it to 'western' or even just 'religions' and I guess one clanging difference is that when I had this realisation (while still in the experience) I didn't think 'they', I thought 'we' have it all wrong - on so many levels.

It is indeed too difficult to explain the multi-dimensional (literally) awareness and all that it illuminates, without sounding like a religious zealot-nut yourself ;)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:24 pm

What resonated with me was simply the religious aspect....or I should say.....the paradigm shift that this person (whose name is also Jennifer) came back with in regards to her previously held religious beliefs. I thought it was pretty cool how she immediately realized that everything she had learned religion was backwards so to speak.

What also stood out on a lesser note, was her notions of re-incarnation and how she got a clearer view of re-incarnation without the new age beliefs surrounding it ( aka....forced reincarnation) in acknowledging that re-incarnation is entirely a choice.
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:06 am

I thought it was pretty cool how she immediately realized that everything she had learned religion was backwards so to speak.

And upside down and inside out :D

What also stood out on a lesser note, was her notions of re-incarnation and how she got a clearer view of re-incarnation without the new age beliefs surrounding it ( aka....forced reincarnation) in acknowledging that re-incarnation is entirely a choice.

Ah, the gem of the gem. So you can see then, how intensely threatening this 'awareness' might be for those who either think, or want to maintain power over... anything/anyone.

What this is advocating then is that life, is a choice. (which I agree with btw).

I don't know the truth of it, I was told by a person who was once studying to become a priest, that they had an intense reaction to discovering that reincarnation had until about the 5th Century, been included in the teachings in the bible, but that a pope of the time decided that 'the people' couldn't be trusted to use this knowledge wisely, and so it was removed (which seemed a bit strange to me given the protestations that no man should add to, or take from, these teachings). That strangeness, sense of betrayal maybe, was what led this person to leave the church completely.

But, that is an aside from the gem of this awareness if one then follows it through - that it is a 'choice'.

I certainly know that I had a 'choice' whether and when to re-enter my body-life, so now I can hardly blame anyone else for anything in it :wink: And with it comes the awareness of the original 'choice'. When folks talk of choosing your life etc though, in the light it is done with that fully open awareness, in living we take on the limitations of our form.

It opens a lot of the layers and level of awareness about what is choice - what is it within the limitations of awareness, capacity and willingness? ET said folks think they have free will when they really do not (they don't understand the nuances of the limitations), and then when they realise this, only then do they truly have free will. This freaks a lot of people out, those that say we have no free will, because even though they have the knowledge of the limitations they don't know what to do with it, or possibly don't want to (unwillingness) to take response ability for their choices, and those who think they do, when they don't yet have the awareness, and therefore the capacity to use it.

What is it to know the limitations as also being chosen? This is possibly a 'clue' to me - like a neon sign around a person saying I've had this experience - this wider awareness, when one sees the thoughts and responses to stimuli of one who 'gets it', one who truly does exercise their free will. I've said before I don't tend to read nde or even 'enlightened' accounts as and for their own sake, I tend to 'notice' something, someone and recognise it flowing through them. As, and if, you dig, the experience is usually there whether openly or guardedly acknowledged or hinted at.

- as NDW's 'god' said
'You limit what you choose to experience, not what another is allowed to experience.

This limitation is voluntary, and so not a limitation at all.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:14 am

But, even so with re-incarnation....everything is ultimately happening simultaneously. So even the notion of past and future lives are somewhat a misnomer since all lives are happening now. I guess we just think in linear terms.

Man the free will debate is something that I've gone in so many different directions on and I'm still not fully sure where I stand on it, not that it ultimately matters. But, I believe that there is a belief (that sounded weird) that free will does not exist, for as long as we are blind to the workings of manifestation and life as mirroring us on all levels, which I'm noticing more and more.

I don't know where free will begins and ends. Meaning, if you ask me, we absolutely have 100 percent free will in spirit, in the light, when not in these bodies. That's not in question at all. Free will is the birthright of every unique perspective of Source. The question is whether free will is possible within the limited confines of the human experience and I believe it very much is to a degree.
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:34 am

But, even so with re-incarnation....everything is ultimately happening simultaneously. So even the notion of past and future lives are somewhat a misnomer since all lives are happening now. I guess we just think in linear terms.

:D Yes!! hahaha and now I have no idea how to express the knowing & examples of that!

I don't know where free will begins and ends. Meaning, if you ask me, we absolutely have 100 percent free will in spirit, in the light, when not in these bodies. That's not in question at all. Free will is the birthright of every unique perspective of Source. The question is whether free will is possible within the limited confines of the human experience and I believe it very much is to a degree.

Ndw said - Free will is merely the universal and eternal promise of creation I would not presume to choose for you.
It makes clear that our choices, our thoughts and our words and our deeds are both influenced by our limitations in awareness, capacity & willingness - and that those limitations are also of our 'choosing', in order to define the 'degrees' to which we choose.

Whether we open up, or close down is absolutely interacting with and within those parameters that we can also (or not) choose (or not) to hold on to, or let go of.

It's in part why I have begun to frame 'stuff' with awareness, capacity & willingness inter-relating.
Willingness is impotent without capacity, capacity is untested without willingness, both are mute without awareness. Awareness can be blinded by capacity &/or willingness to see / know what is.
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks for the NDE post. Enjoyed it thoroughly. NDE's are some of the most inspiring and life clarifying resources we have. The shift in perspective they offer can help free us from a whole bunch of en-trained and life limiting beliefs. There is obviously far more to life and being than we have been sold.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:32 am

I just saw a wonderful image & quote - it said
The light at the end of the tunnel is not an illusion.
The tunnel is.

yum yum yum yum yum
smiileyjen101

Return to Beyond the Physical