No existence in any form after death?

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: No existence in any form after death?

Postby enigma » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 am

Ralph wrote:
How could it continue?

Well I guess it continues because there is still some unfinished business to attend to.
The belief of a separate self that suffers is still there. ... perhaps the seeking will stop suddenly when whatever is left of my belief system has been seen through.

Yes, i think you're right there. Sounds like it's going very well, actually.
enigma

Postby mus3cho » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:06 pm

I imagine it depends on what type of death is being referred to.
mus3cho

Postby Sighclone » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:45 pm

There can be acceptance of the seeker/sufferer without rigid identification with it. To whom does recognition of the sufferer arise?

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby bruce lee » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:11 pm

read barry long and see what he says about it all,,,i find that barry speaks clearly about everything including this subject. the way i see it is, that if you do survive death, you got no problem, and if you dont survive theres no problem either,,,
bruce lee

Postby enigma » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:37 pm

What frightens people about death is not the undesirability of the experience of dying (necessarily) or the experience of not existing. It's an existential fear of ceasing to exist; of not being able to experience anymore. Imagining what the fear is, and then proving it to be unjustified, isn't the same as facing the fear.
enigma

Postby mus3cho » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Reading Upanishads now, finally. It takes my breath away...like standing on the edge of the abyss. There are no words: any that I attempt to employ are completely inadequate to say the least.
I can ONLY imagine, and that is all I can do. The idea of death has been used for social control for such a long time. Maybe for this little form (me) the chains that have bound my heart and soul are weakening. Didn't even realize they were there.
The word "death" is just a "pointer".
mus3cho

Postby Aztecsfinest » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm

When I was seven I had a near death experience in a swimming pool, I went under and I could see my body going down as I was floating outside of my body and thats as far as I got because someone swam in and brought me back to the surface. I think I was saved beore I could see any light.
Aztecsfinest

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical