NDE + Consciousness leaving the body = doesn't fit?

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: NDE + Consciousness leaving the body = doesn't fit?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:50 am

I do not see how all that technical brainwave data, while true, will contribute to the awakening of the guy sitting next to you on the bus. Or, frankly, anyone else.

The guy on the bus might just turn to you and say... 'Du-uh? what took you so long?' :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Sighclone » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

And I would have to say..."What took me so long? Grinding away on too many concepts!"

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 am

smiling andy

You might find the Clint Eastwood directed movie The Hereafter interesting. It's base level and pretty unpretentious. I like the idea that the guy on the bus might be watching it and not looking for someone to burn at the stake :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Sighclone » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:13 am

Yup - missed "Hereafter" when it came out last year -- was well-received -- will put it on my Netflix list, thanks!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical