Ghosts and other paranormal beings

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Ghosts and other paranormal beings

Postby Salem » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:11 am

As someone who is both interested in nonduality, spirituality, and the paranormal, I wonder if nonduality have any room for ghosts? Granted, we don't know what they are or even if they exist (although in full disclosure I strongly suspect they do). Some think they are just energy imprints left over from individuals or in impacting events, such as battles, or perhaps strongly pleasant memories (I remember hearing about how a young couple apparently haunted a garage where they maintained their bicycles).

But what about spirits that seem to move with their own consciousness, that don't they are dead, or refuse to "cross over"?

And then there are also evil being people claim exist, such as Shadow People. I know little about them and have heard very little accounts about them, but the don't seem very nice. I don't know if I believe them or not, myself, but they make for good stories.

Any thoughts?
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart
Salem

Return to Beyond the Physical