Question about lucid dreams

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Question about lucid dreams

Postby Natalie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 am

I have started to have lucid dreams for the first time ever a few days ago. I believe I’ve read here that lucid dreams are dreams where one is awake in the dream and knows it is a dream. Yes?

In my last dream I saw my 8 year old fell off a cliff and heard and saw my sister scream and jump off the cliff to save her, but I “knew” I didn’t have to jump because I was dreaming.

I am curious as to why now. Does the fact that I’ve never had them before until now mean anything?

Natalie
Natalie

Re: Question about lucid dreams

Postby runstrails » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Natalie,

Its possible that you have always had lucid dreams but have only now become aware of them, or, its possible that given your awareness has increased, your dreams have become lucid.
I also have lucid dreams, most times they are fun. For example, I try to channel them in a direction I want them to go (especially if Daniel Craig is involved :wink: ), doesn't always work, though!
runstrails

Re: Question about lucid dreams

Postby Natalie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:14 pm

hahaha runstrails. Must admit I had to google the name as I couldn't put it together with a face. Of course you would........who wouldn't?????
I am going to try that with a certain Target pharmacist I know.........or transfer all my prescriptions to Walgreens. :D
Yes, I was thinking that maybe I've had lucid dreams before. I usually don't remember any, so who knows? The curiosity is not there any more. It isn't important to know the reason why now. The humor in your response has validated that.

Natalie
Natalie

Return to Beyond the Physical