Becoming Light (Expanding Consciousness)

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Becoming Light (Expanding Consciousness)

Postby Simontology » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm

I have come accross a character known as Melchizedek. And in the process of coming accross him I learned about a type of meditation that expands consciousness and dissolves the ego. I don't know what his meditation was but I know of one I figured out that works for me.
Come up with an intention of "Becoming the light" and then become aware of your body, not thinking of it, only awareness.

As we've learned from the NDE stories, we have come from the light and are in effect light beings ourselves. To return to our nature is to overcome the ego and realise our experience of God or energy or life force or nature.

I have done this meditation myself and I feel different from the way I did beforehand.
Simontology

Re: Becoming Light (Expanding Consciousness)

Postby autumnsphere » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:26 pm

It's funny cause right when I had my experience I was listening to a song called "Beings of Light", and I thought: "There's something wrong here - there are no beingS, there's only one big Being."
But it was OK though cause I knew the musicians were singing the same thing. :D
Forget spiritual practice - just do drugs!
autumnsphere

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 am

autumnsphere wrote: there are no beingS, there's only one big Being.

Maybe it's just a matter of context. I agree that there is a singular Universal Source, but could it be that 'beings of light' refers to the individualized perspectives of One Source being multiple expressions? That makes 'being' in this case, a verb rather than a noun. A human being is really Source being human through countless unique perspectives.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby autumnsphere » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:06 pm

yes, beautiful interpretation.
autumnsphere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 am

webby said: That makes 'being' in this case, a verb rather than a noun

Made me smile, I've never thought of it as 'being' a noun - how can it be a naming thing? :lol: When very young my brother used to call some folks 'fuming beings' when they were being angry.

Maybe that's where folks get confused about their roles, taking them so personally - they too are often listed as nouns, where in reality they are describing something - the baker, the butcher, the candle-stick maker, the son, the daughter, the brother, sister, mother, father - they are really just describing the role, and therefore maybe more an adjective (?) than a noun.

We've also probably skewed ego (the word) no end giving it a persona. Probably no more than God though. :?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm

jen wrote:Made me smile, I've never thought of it as 'being' a noun - how can it be a naming thing? :lol:

That's because you are wise and awake and have considered life from beyond the ego perspective. Most however, either still exist or came from the noun habit of identification. Human being = person.

World English Dictionary
being (ˈbiːɪŋ)

— n
1. the state or fact of existing; existence
2. essential nature; self: she put her whole being into the part
3. something that exists or is thought to exist, esp something that cannot be assigned to any category: a being from outer space
4. a person; human being

Fortunately one can entertain other ways of perceiving self. When one considers that there is but One life living through many unique perspectives, the context of being human changes from noun to verb. Carrying it a step further, human then becomes an adjective defining a particular type of being through which Source is expressing in its infinitely creative expansion. How cool to be an actual aspect of Source on the cutting edge of creation, engaged in the great adventure of opening up a physical realm to love and harmony.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:56 am

How cool to be an actual aspect of Source on the cutting edge of creation, engaged in the great adventure of opening up a physical realm to love and harmony.

Bless you webby, you put it so simply.
I've realised I use 'bless you' the same way others use namaste - the god in me honours/recognises, respects, allows for, the god in you.

Breaking down these barriers of different understandings, like punching holes in false ceilings, allows light to fill the darkness we sometimes don't even realise we're floundering in.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby autumnsphere » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:06 am

Webwanderer wrote:How cool to be an actual aspect of Source on the cutting edge of creation, engaged in the great adventure of opening up a physical realm to love and harmony.

Or hate and disharmony. Source, and self-realized beings, haha, don't differentiate.
autumnsphere

Postby heidi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:22 am

Or hate and disharmony. Source, and self-realized beings, haha, don't differentiate.

All is simply data in the stream of consciousness - yes indeed, it's all good, afflictive, tasteless or yummy. It is what it is - acceptance at it's very best.
Might as well enjoy it while it runs through your head, since it's going to run through either way. Allowing=Peace.
xo
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby autumnsphere » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:39 am

Yup. :)
autumnsphere

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:52 am

For those of you that are self-realized, my congratulations on your clarity. But for those yet stumbling through the rocks of awareness, getting to a place in consciousness not so emotionally painful is cool indeed.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby autumnsphere » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am

I'm not claiming anything. It doesn't freaking matter what you are WW. It's in us. It is us in an alternative reality. One of million possible realities we are just collapsing, and making true. And peace comes from seeing beyond good and evil, love and fear, human and Source. Beyond. It breaks the mind. It shreds it to pieces. Mind is dual. This is not dual.
autumnsphere

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:44 pm

But are you happy, and does it matter? And why are you offended?

I'm not claiming anything.
self-realized beings, haha, don't differentiate.

But you did. Can one not self-realized really know how one who is self-realized perceives life?
Theory is good, but isn't it experience that makes the quality in life? My sense is that self-realized beings are likely to be happy and joyful beings. What makes them this way?

And peace comes from seeing beyond good and evil, love and fear, human and Source.

And don't you think/feel that this awareness is cool indeed - especially compared to the experience of judgments of right and wrong?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby autumnsphere » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:25 pm

I'm not offended. I was, and I guess still am, kind of angry at everyone who got me into this situation because it's neither human nor divine, it's somewhere in-between, and my mind likes to make a fuss about it. It is really hard to know what to do with this realization. It can be expressed but the words are hollow to others (at least to most of them), so it turns out you're either crazy or just ego-trapped.
Jed McKenna's vampire analogy keeps coming to mind. No one ever asked me if I wanted to be a vampire, God damn it! Jesus Christ comes to mind too with his "Take this cup away from me for I don't want to drink its poison." The problem is that once you've seen this so-called truth (I honestly don't know if it's true) a couple things happen:
1. You're in moral weightlessness. It does not equal happiness. It is blatantly impartial - if everything's a dream why would you care that your brother killed your mother - it's not real to begin with.
2. You're drawn to this "truth", and it keeps calling you like a freakin' siren. So sooner or later you lose your mind. This is what it's all about, isn't it? Losing. Your. Mind.

Anyway, this is like the worst case scenario. You could imagine that this knowledge has been given to you so you can be a better person, save others, be empathetic, I have no idea... It's still a journey for me.
autumnsphere

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:26 am

autumnsphere wrote:The problem is that once you've seen this so-called truth (I honestly don't know if it's true) a couple things happen:
1. You're in moral weightlessness. It does not equal happiness. It is blatantly impartial - if everything's a dream why would you care that your brother killed your mother - it's not real to begin with.
2. You're drawn to this "truth", and it keeps calling you like a freakin' siren. So sooner or later you lose your mind. This is what it's all about, isn't it? Losing. Your. Mind.

I suggest that there is considerably more to it than how you characterize it here.

You're in moral weightlessness.

I don't get your moral weightlessness unless it's a lack of context between perceived right and wrong.

It does not equal happiness.

While gaining clarity as it applies to ego attachment may not equal happiness, it does clear the ground so that one can perceive in an intentional way that promotes it.

It is blatantly impartial - if everything's a dream why would you care that your brother killed your mother - it's not real to begin with.

Impartiality can be quite freeing if taken from an understanding that all experience has value.
The metaphor of a dream is only so useful. While there may be an ultimate unreality to appearances, the experience of events is quite real in its impact on consciousness. The problem here is once again the perspective in which experience is taken. A brother killing a mother may ultimately be of no consequence, but if you do not hold a clear ultimate perspective, it just becomes callous resistance to potentially valuable experience. By value, I mean its possible impact on consciousness. All experience, most specifically emotionally impactful experience, is valuable to the evolution of consciousness and to the unfolding of future experience.

You're drawn to this "truth", and it keeps calling you like a freakin' siren.

Drawn to truth? What truth is that? Are you sure your perception is accurate and complete? How would you know? Truth is not a static realization, but a stream of increasing clarity.

So sooner or later you lose your mind. This is what it's all about, isn't it? Losing. Your. Mind.

I also suggest that losing you mind is not what it's all about. What it's about is clarity - of mind and of consciousness. Mind becomes an issue when one identifies with its contents. Mind then becomes master rather than tool. Mind and thinking ability is a wonderful and powerful gift. But like all powerful tools, it can also be dangerous to one's health and well being. Feeling like you're losing you mind is likely just resistance to the call of greater understanding relative to currently held perspectives.

There is however, always a path back to clarity and joyful being - one where mind and experience are valuable assets. We just have to choose it. But in order to choose a better way, we must be willing to give up that which binds us.

WW
Webwanderer

Next

Return to Beyond the Physical