Becoming Light (Expanding Consciousness)

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: Becoming Light (Expanding Consciousness)

Postby autumnsphere » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am

Webwanderer wrote:I don't get your moral weightlessness unless it's a lack of context between perceived right and wrong.

Elaborate?

While gaining clarity as it applies to ego attachment may not equal happiness, it does clear the ground so that one can perceive in an intentional way that promotes it.

Happiness is not the goal. Imho.

I mean its possible impact on consciousness. All experience, most specifically emotionally impactful experience, is valuable to the evolution of consciousness and to the unfolding of future experience.

I agree. Were there no delusions, there'd be no movement, no way for existence to take place.

Truth is not a static realization, but a stream of increasing clarity.

In my case it was quite static, as if someone hit me with a bat in the head. Then you just start dreaming and trying to wake up again.

Feeling like you're losing you mind is likely just resistance to the call of greater understanding relative to currently held perspectives.

Sure.

But in order to choose a better way, we must be willing to give up that which binds us.

Here it is again - a "better" way. There is no better way. I would say there is NO WAY at all from a mindless perspective.
Forget spiritual practice - just do drugs!
autumnsphere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:26 am

Autumn, ponder the notion no choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience with your new found clarity.

You may notice that discerning is different to judging,
resisting is different to accommodating differences,
understanding is different to knowing,
and willingness - conscious/awake/aware willingness is different to not caring.

Being awake is definitely different to everything being a dream.

The nuances of & within the differences are also part of the experience of clarity.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 am

autumnsphere wrote:I would say there is NO WAY at all from a mindless perspective.

Well maybe, but mindless isn't the only available perspective.

Here it is again - a "better" way. There is no better way.

How about a more enjoyable way? I will concede that just because I have chosen to see more enjoyable as better doesn't necessarily make it so. I guess it's just that I like it better. :D

Happy :) feels better than sad :( , joyful :D feels better than mad :x , good :P feels better than bad :evil: . (practicing poetry)

Basically my reference to better is to a preference for how life feels to me. I've felt depressed, I've felt angry, and I've felt a whole host of other conditions that made my experience in life quite unpleasant. I now know it was due to choices I made both consciously and unconsciously as to how I saw arising conditions. Knowing that also makes it clear that choosing the way I see those arising conditions determines how I continue to experience them. In choosing a better way (relative to how I prefer to experience life), I find an increase in clarity is a natural result which deepens my understanding accordingly. For me that's cool.

The way I see it pain has its value, but mostly as a red flag that indicates a misalignment with Source. I don't see Source as a creator of pain. Certainly my experience with Source alignment has always been pleasant indeed. Rather it is ego working outside the benevolent flow of Source energy that creates the conditions for pain. This is done by virtue of its perspective and how one chooses to perceive things through its accumulated conditioning and propensity for making judgments (rather than discernment as Jen so wisely stated). Pain indeed has value, but it's not forever necessary. When one tires of the pain, I'm simply pointing out that there is another way. I'll leave it to each to decide whether happiness is better in their own experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby snowheight » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:22 am

autumnsphere wrote: It is really hard to know what to do with this realization.

You intimated in that post that *this* you are referring to as a realization is personal ...locked up, even as it is all pervading, and this is why words fail ... so forget about others, the mind perceives this realization as internal, because it is experiential, not conceptual.

That makes it half as hard perhaps?

From there, when it is only "your internal state" to concern with in the realization, what to do with it actually becomes quite simple: cling to it for dear life ... but the only way to do that is to let go entirely -- and don't worry, wood will still be chopped and a water load will precede a sore back.

Easier?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby autumnsphere » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 am

Heh, full of wisdom, ain't ya? Yes, that's a good perspective. Kinda coincided with this post of Jed's (I do think it's him):

Is it an experience? If so, and I have no idea, please explain who is experiencing it. Perhaps it's a story of an experience. Once again, I have no idea, but would love to hear more of the story. I find I enjoy stories more and more. They are amazing. But I believe them less and less, they are bull-shit. Never knock the value entertainment. What are we doing here? Are your stories entertaining? If not, make them so. After all, you are the author, or.... maybe not. Love ya, Jed.
autumnsphere

Postby snowheight » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:02 pm

autumnsphere wrote:Heh, full of wisdom, ain't ya?

:lol: ... only if I made that up ...

A fish doesn't swim ... it's swum
A bird doesn't fly ... it's flown

A brain doesn't think ... it's thought
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby autumnsphere » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 am

And quite a poet at that!

Mahler used to say: We don't compose music, music composes us. :)
autumnsphere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 am

It's all the same :wink:
We receive, interpret and translate energy.
Consciously or unconsciously.

(if we are open to it, if we are accepting of it, if we recognise it, if we have learned what to do with it.)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby autumnsphere » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

sounds familiar?

The term "lucid dreaming" refers to dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming. The "lucid" part refers to the clarity of consciousness rather than the vividness of the dream.

Usually lucidity brings with it some degree of control over the course of the dream. How much control is possible varies from dream to dream and from dreamer to dreamer. Practice can apparently contribute to the ability to exert control over dream events. At the least, lucid dreamers can choose how they wish to respond to the events of the dream. For example, you can decide to face up to a frightening dream figure, knowing it cannot harm you, rather than to try to avoid the danger as you naturally would if you did not know it was a dream. Even this amount of control can transform the dream experience from one in which you are the helpless victim of frequently terrifying, frustrating, or maddening experiences to one in which you can dismiss for a while the cares and concerns of waking life. On the other hand, some people are able to achieve a level of mastery in their lucid dreaming where they can create any world, live any fantasy, and experience anything they can imagine.

Knowing you are dreaming simply allows you to direct the dream along constructive or positive lines, like you direct your thoughts when you are awake.
autumnsphere

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical