eckhart tolle tour too expensive

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)

eckhart tolle tour too expensive

Postby void » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:56 am

just looked at tickets for e.t in london, and its quite expensive.
£60 for tickets £75 to sit on front row....wow...eckhart must already be a millionaire so cant see why it costs so much? ok hes gona make money i dont mind that but it shouldnt be like the church,,,,, give us your money!!!!!!! what are we saying? only those with enough money can get enlightened? personally ill buy the dvd when it comes out
j.gibirdi
void

Postby sragde » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:04 pm

Maybe Echkart Tolle is not the only one person organising his presentations. Contracts, agents and other stuff.
sragde

Postby identify » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:34 am

You can't buy spiritual growth. The whole universe is waiting for your enlightenment. Everything you need is already here. I spend days on just a single page of TPON. Be still.
identify

Re: eckhart tolle tour too expensive

Postby Ives » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:28 pm

void wrote:eckhart must already be a millionaire so cant see why it costs so much?

And yet if, say, John Updike goes on a lecture tour and it’s an incredible success and halls are full night after night, everyone says: “Well done, John, brilliant”.
Likewise if The Police reform and sell out concert after concert on their world tour.

Why should it be so frowned upon when Eckhart Tolle sells books and fills auditoriums?
Ives

Postby eyogateacher » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:21 pm

personally ill buy the dvd when it comes out

That's the best .Being tuned to the teachings is more important .
eyogateacher

Postby eyogateacher » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:39 pm

For those who say Eckhart's retreats are expensive this is my advice :

1) You do not have to attend his expensive retreats to get the message .The same messages are available in his books and CDs/DVDs for fraction of that cost .
2) Just keep listening to the messages again and again and put them in practice in your life .
3) Many of Eckhart's teachings are available on net for free and this forum is one such example .Make max use of this forum .
4) Develop good network of like minded Eckhart Fans in your city and let each one buy a product and u can all share them .Eckhart gives discount on his products for such groups .Me and my friend have made this policy i.e we do not buy the same CDs /DVDs.We buy different ones and share the same .

So these are some hints from me .
eyogateacher

Postby allisnow » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:35 pm

Actually this seems to me a very weird question.

Why would you think it is too expensive? If you do think its too expensive don't go. If you don't think its too expensive then attend the event.

The subjectivity of value propositions is a pointless debate unless the aim is to determing the proper pricing strategy of a product, which in this case you have no control over.

But in the context of this forum I submit that your mind has created a problem, perhaps a threat to your percieved self/value system, and there is a whole history and supporting structure behind this belief that you hold, and you came here with this question to self-reinforce your own beliefs, whether or not people agree with you.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
allisnow

Postby eseward » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:54 pm

allisnow, well done IMO. FWIW, I totally agree with you. :)
eseward

Postby aanwezigheid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:06 am

Nice and very honestly said :) .
aanwezigheid

Postby Now_in_CO » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:48 am

i feel it's an appropriate and interesting question. I don't know the details of his tour; if the money is going to charity then that's one thing. But if it's for straight and simple profit, for either him or his associates, I would ask: what would Jesus charge to hear him speak? Would he, or Mohammed or Buddha charge at all? if they did charge, would they really charge you more to have access in the front than the back? Tolle may not be "Jesus" but he's about as good as it gets when it comes to teachers in this day and age. The bottom line is Tolle's being commercialized; his words are commodities, and it is puzzling why enthusiasts of his teachings would not see that as important. "Tolle's words are universal, and not intended for the private use of his audiences." There ought to be more thought on his part on how he is being used, and to what end. I applaud him/them if he and his handlers are using the medium of talks, and charging people for them, for some greater good. Good causes need money, no question. But if the cash is simply going into people's pockets, then look out. Anything and anyone can be co-opted. It all boils down to the motivations, the intentions, and only Tolle and his associates can answer that. In the mean time, i feel this question has given me pause about why I do the things I do, and to what end. thank you for posing this topic.
dan
Now_in_CO

Postby eseward » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:59 am

Dan, with all due respect...

What gives anyone the right to say how Eckhart should live? Because his books are valuable to folks, that means they can put restrictions on him? Absolutely ridiculous IMO. You don't want to pay what he charges, look elsewhere; he's not anyone's employee.
eseward

Postby Ives » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Now_in_CO wrote: What would Jesus charge to hear him speak?

New Testament scholars are now convinced that had Jesus lived he would probably have started asking for payments for his talks. He was getting tired of walking all over the place in his Jesus sandals and he wanted to buy a new ass.
Ives

Postby heidi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:27 pm

:lol: , Ives
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby erict » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:52 pm

You carry a thought around that money is bad. You also carry a thought around that God is good. Bless you!

Therefore, in your thought system, God and money do not mix.

This makes things interesting, because this then makes it difficult for you to take money for any good thing.

I mean, if a thing is judged very “good” by you, you value it less in terms of money. So the “better” something is (i.e., the more worthwhile), the less money it’s worth. You are not alone in this. Your whole society believes this. So your teachers make a pittance and your stripteasers, a fortune. Your leaders make so little compared to sports figures that they feel they have to steal to make up the difference. Your priests and your rabbis live on bread and water while you throw coins at entertainers.

Think about it. Everything on which you place a high intrinsic value, you insist must come cheaply. The lonely research scientist seeking a cure for AIDS goes begging for money, while the woman who writes a book on a hundred new ways to have sex and creates tapes and weekend seminars to go with it.. .makes a fortune. This having-it-alI-backwards is a propensity with you, and it stems from wrong thought. The wrong thought is your idea about money. You love it, and yet you say it is the root of all evil. You adore it, and yet you call it “filthy lucre.” You say that a person is “filthy rich.” And if a person does become wealthy doing “good” things, you immediately become suspect. You make that “wrong.”

So, a doctor had better not make too much money, or had better learn to be discreet about it. And a minister—whoa! She’d really better not make lots of money (assuming you’ll even let a “she” be a minister), or there’ll surely be trouble.

You see, in your mind, a person who chooses the highest calling should get the lowest pay...
-- Conversations with God, Book 1
Last edited by erict on Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby eseward » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Beautiful, Eric. Thanks for posting. :)
eseward

Next

Return to Eckhart Tolle - The Person