eckhart tolle tour too expensive

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)

Postby diogenes » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:11 pm

Webwanderer wrote:the primary purpose of this forum is to discuss his teachings and hopefully incorporate them into our lives.

I'm sorry. I was misled by the fact that this was in the general discussion section and that the topic was called "Tolle tour too expensive." Plus, I'd never known, until now, that this site had such a specific, exclusive purpose. It's essentially a cheering section for you know who, eh?

In that case: Hurray for our team! :D
diogenes

Postby YUDoodat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:42 am

[ Whispered] (Psssssst...Excuse me, Diogenes, but I thought you might like to know---your ego is showing.........Excuse me......Oh, that's the way you prefer it?, Sorry -- just thought I'd inform you of something telling about yourself that you might not be aware of...... OK........You're very welcome.)
YUDoodat

Postby diogenes » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:17 pm

YUDoodat wrote:Oh, that's the way you prefer it?

Pretty much. Should I pretend to be enlightened instead? Do you think that's a good, helpful game to play?

[Whispered] By the way, it's precisely your own ego that prompts you to point out someone else's. I just didn't know if you realized that.
diogenes

$?

Postby TolleFan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:39 pm

I agree with the poster who said it all comes down to individual choice.

I don't NEED to see Mr. Tolle, his books and CDs contain the essence of his message.

As for him touring, it is a major effort and expense for him to do so. He does it for those who want it, and evidently there are plenty of those. So he is there for those who want and value it, personally I don't value seeing him in person all that highly.

It's about the message, not the messenger.
TolleFan

Postby YUDoodat » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:16 am

You are right of course, diogenes. My prominent ego was preening itself like a Vegas showgirl in front of a full-length mirror in my last post. My apologies for trying to stir things up a bit. Sarcasm comes too easily to me sometimes, I am afraid...All the best to you, Sir.
YUDoodat

Postby eyogateacher » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:18 am

In this interview bit ET has said that all his teachings are available in his Books /CDs etc and people need not rely upon his "form" anymore .

KE: Large numbers of people are beginning to awaken spiritually at this time. Many of them look to a teacher, such as yourself, for guidance and support. Although ultimately nobody can do it for you, a teacher is no doubt helpful - some would say essential - during the process of awaking. In the face of such overwhelming demand for spiritual truth, why is it that you have substantially reduced your public teaching for the remainder of 2003? (except October, see Eckhart's "upcoming events" at http://www.eckharttolle.com). What is your message to all those awakening beings who rely on you for guidance?

ET:
Don't rely on me. Whoever and whatever you rely on externally will let you down sooner or later. All forms dissolve, change, die, leave you. Many people feel they are being drawn to me, the "form" of Eckhart, but they are wrong. They confuse form with essence. When people come to a talk, an intensive, or a retreat, they don't come to be with me, although this is how it may look on the surface. They come to be with themselves, or rather, to be themselves more fully. Something shines through the form of Eckhart, and it is one with the essence of who you are. The peace, stillness, joy or intense aliveness you feel in the presence of the spiritual teacher emanates from the one Source within yourself, inseparable from who you are at the deepest level. The teacher cannot give it to you. He or she reveals to you what is already there, within yourself.

The teaching is continuously available to you through the books, tapes, videos. For those who are ready to awaken, they are just as powerful as the physical presence of the teacher. But beware of excessive attachment to these things and the constant need for more, which is not a true need but a mind-created one. One needs to see when the point has been reached where that which is helpful, that which puts you in touch with the truth of who you are, has served its purpose. Buddha had the beautiful analogy of the "raft crossing the river" - once you have crossed the river, you don't carry the raft around with you. As long as you need the raft, the teaching is there.

Through the books, tapes, videos, the teaching is there in its full power, and that teaching, if you allow it, will put you in touch with the only living teacher there is: your own innermost being. But the egoic mind keeps saying: I need, I want, I must have. The mind's need for more is a way of avoiding and truly being with the teaching. Which is here now.
eyogateacher

Thanks

Postby TolleFan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Great stuff, thanks eyogateacher
TolleFan

Re: Thanks

Postby eyogateacher » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:37 am

TolleFan wrote:Great stuff, thanks eyogateacher

Welcome Tollefan ,

ET has made it very clear regarding the attitude one should have with regard to his teachings .
eyogateacher

Postby Shaz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:00 pm

LOL :lol: at YUDoodat!!!! As an entity who loves laughter, I enjoyed your post on "your ego is showing". Great point made as well...

Thanks
...everything is everything, and nothing's nothing...
Shaz

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Shaz wrote:LOL :lol: at YUDoodat!!!! As an entity who loves laughter, I enjoyed your post on "your ego is showing". Great point made as well...

Thanks

I don't understand, what's so funny? Clearly YUDoodat's ego wanted diogenes ego to feel bad. Why is that funny?

The remark was more ironic than funny I would say, as the whole thread was driven by ego's.

The price of ET's London gig is expensive. Probably because it's in an expensive venue, given the venues location in Westminster. I think the issue of ringside seats was also a valid one and was worth debating, as is the fact that a commercial bandwagon has grown around ET's teachings. If people have a problem with debate and argument, as long as it's polite and not fallacious, then the problem lies with them. The bigger problem is the failure to discern and discriminate.

I didn't detect that ET or his teachings was being questioned here, so the level of defensiveness was unwarrated in my estimation. Oh, and yes, this too is an ego typing.
Lacuna

Postby aanwezigheid » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Maybe you people have to take a look from a economic perspective: how higher the price, how lower the question. Since Tolle explains his teachings in a not too big room, he has to raise the price in order to reduce the question so that not too many people stay behind disappointed because they don't have a ticket :wink:.

Maybe some people here think that this is a bullshit-explanation. Maybe it is, maybe it is not, but the fact that this is again another explanation, doesn't that point out the meaningless of this discussion? Will this make you feel better? Will the answer satisfiy you? Will it bring you more peace?

Actually, pure by observation you can see that a discussion like this one brings ego in us above and that egos are hurt...
aanwezigheid

Postby yougarksooo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:33 pm

One needs to see when the point has been reached where that which is helpful, that which puts you in touch with the truth of who you are, has served its purpose. Buddha had the beautiful analogy of the "raft crossing the river" - once you have crossed the river, you don't carry the raft around with you. As long as you need the raft, the teaching is there.

Great point. And I would say that happens naturally with more presence. If the teachings are "working" more presence is arising. And, as someone said, the teaching is like a stick you poke the fire with to get the blaze going. In the end, even the stick burns up.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya
yougarksooo

Postby Dongle » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:44 am

Well, this is a very amusing topic, and regarding the first post, why complain about that which you cannot change? Accept what is and continue forward.
Dongle

Postby aanwezigheid » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:36 pm

Dongle wrote:Accept what is and continue forward.

I'd like to add: or change it if you can but you already pointed that out somehow :). Great point you make...
aanwezigheid

Re: eckhart tolle tour too expensive

Postby void » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 pm

naaah naaaah naaaaah
j.gibirdi
void

PreviousNext

Return to Eckhart Tolle - The Person