Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle events

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby painBody » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 pm

dijmart wrote:Nope, not in Vedanta


Ok, got it.

Now, I'm eager to see this exchange with "Borris". The (my) ego loves drama, haha :lol:
painBody
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:25 pm
Location: Not on this forum

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby Sighclone » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:59 am

Dij - You may and should do exactly what you choose. But absolutely nothing in what I said was a lecture to you in any form. You are a wonderful and fine Vedantist, and that is absolutely splendid. Were I to choose a tradition, it would be that. Moreover, refining concepts is perfectly fine. I've spent many, many hours doing that here, years ago. And I have learned from you here, so will be sad to see you leave.

I'm just a bit like pb, wondering if language is ultimately the best method of transmission, and knowing that picking nits forever is like counting the angels on the head of a pin. I'm a bit tired of it -- but that is just me. For years and thousands of posts here, I was a big learner, writer and mental grinder.

And, darn it, also a supporter of fine members like you, and pb!

Hope to hear from you again. And if I don't, that's ok too - I still admire you!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:29 am

Andy,
There's no hard feelings at all and maybe I misconstrued what I thought you were saying?... or maybe it's what I needed to hear. Honestly, I don't like how I get sometimes..."having to be right", regardless of the reason.

I'm sure I'll be back, at some point, but I think I'm at a point where I need to focus a bit more on assimilating the knowledge into my daily life (to burn up these bubbles of unconsciuosness that arise), then spending my time posting. Which I've been doing much too much of lately and can become a major distraction, especially if the mind becomes agitated.

Also, coming off the heals of a serious illness and some other misfortune's I need to get rebalanced as well. I think that's one of the reasons I had no patience lately and didn't word my responce's "nicer" in the other thread.

So, I'll just say, see ya later! :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby Rob X » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi Di

I honestly didn't see any lecturing in Andy's post. The fact that you are happy to 'agree to disagree' shows that you are not insistent in dominating an argument.

Your contribution here is appreciated and I reckon that you have been helpful to many posters. You say it as you see it and are not afraid to show your own vulnerabilities - I find this refreshing.

So yes, have a break, but don't stay away too long. :D
User avatar
Rob X
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Rob X wrote:Hi Di

I honestly didn't see any lecturing in Andy's post. The fact that you are happy to 'agree to disagree' shows that you are not insistent in dominating an argument.

Your contribution here is appreciated and I reckon that you have been helpful to many posters. You say it as you see it and are not afraid to show your own vulnerabilities - I find this refreshing.

So yes, have a break, but don't stay away too long. :D


Hi Rob,

I thought it (Andy post) was a "subtle" lecturing, on not going around and around (as I call it) on the topics he mentioned and meanings of words/definitions, because when thats done it's just ego trying to be "right" and arguing needlessly. I took that as directed at my posting with Borris and like I said a "subtle" lecturing. However, Andy cleared that up for me and I now understand what he meant by it all.

Personally, I feel its important to clear up misunderstandings and definitions of words, whether it's my own or someone else's, so that may not change when I come back...dunno? But, after a few rounds Im definately able to " agree to disagree" and like I said, I could be "nicer" about it, so it's received better. So, I will work on that.


I'll be back, I just need a break I guess. Thank you for your post!

Dij
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby painBody » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:09 pm

My friend Dij,

I think I understand your frustration when it comes to having a (for lack of better words) belief system or ideology that others are unable/unwilling to understand and/or appreciate. You're a hardcore Vedanta follower on an ET site. To be honest, I don't know anything about Vedanta (other than it's a Sanskrit name and that I have a family member by the name Vedantam) :lol: So, I don't know how much overlap, if any, it has with Eckhart's teachings.

But, I agree, and sadly admit ... you would probably get more out of being on a Vedanta forum than being here :( :cry: And, I'm sure there are many forums for that as well.

I've enjoyed reading your posts here, even if I didn't reply to some of them or agree with all of them. And, I enjoyed, even more, chatting with you through PM.

Do check your PM box from time to time. You might see something from me :)

Hugs,
PB
painBody
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:25 pm
Location: Not on this forum

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:44 pm

painBody wrote:My friend Dij,

I think I understand your frustration when it comes to having a (for lack of better words) belief system or ideology that others are unable/unwilling to understand and/or appreciate. You're a hardcore Vedanta follower on an ET site. To be honest, I don't know anything about Vedanta (other than it's a Sanskrit name and that I have a family member by the name Vedantam) :lol: So, I don't know how much overlap, if any, it has with Eckhart's teachings.

But, I agree, and sadly admit ... you would probably get more out of being on a Vedanta forum than being here :( :cry: And, I'm sure there are many forums for that as well.

I've enjoyed reading your posts here, even if I didn't reply to some of them or agree with all of them. And, I enjoyed, even more, chatting with you through PM.

Do check your PM box from time to time. You might see something from me :)

Hugs,
PB


Sadly, there are not many Vedanta forums that are presently active. There is one on Shingworld.com, but isn't very active either. In my time away, I don't have any plans to post anywhere else, but you never know.

Don't worry PB, if you PM me I will get an email notification :wink:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 am

Ok, I'm a liar :lol:

I enjoy helping others and it's become part of my sadhana (spiritual practice). I couldnt stand seeing the recent questions that were posted going unanswered, so I answered them. :)
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby painBody » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:08 am

dijmart wrote:Ok, I'm a liar :lol:

I enjoy helping others and it's become part of my sadhana (spiritual practice). I couldnt stand seeing the recent questions that were posted going unanswered, so I answered them. :)


Welcome back, liar :lol:
painBody
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:25 pm
Location: Not on this forum

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:20 am

painBody wrote:
dijmart wrote:Ok, I'm a liar :lol:

I enjoy helping others and it's become part of my sadhana (spiritual practice). I couldnt stand seeing the recent questions that were posted going unanswered, so I answered them. :)


Welcome back, liar :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby Rob X » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 pm

dijmart wrote:Ok, I'm a liar :lol:

I enjoy helping others and it's become part of my sadhana (spiritual practice). I couldnt stand seeing the recent questions that were posted going unanswered, so I answered them. :)


Good for you Di. That's a fine reason to stick around. And anyway, you did have a break. Three years? Three months? Three days? Who's counting? :D
User avatar
Rob X
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Rob X wrote:
dijmart wrote:Ok, I'm a liar :lol:

I enjoy helping others and it's become part of my sadhana (spiritual practice). I couldnt stand seeing the recent questions that were posted going unanswered, so I answered them. :)


Good for you Di. That's a fine reason to stick around. And anyway, you did have a break. Three years? Three months? Three days? Who's counting? :D


:wink:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby Sighclone » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:39 am

Dij -

You have helped me.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: Not sure what to think re: very high prices for Tolle ev

Postby dijmart » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:00 am

Sighclone wrote:Dij -

You have helped me.

Andy


Ditto Andy. Your a great moderator, friend and write excellent posts.

Peace,

Dij
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Previous

Return to Eckhart Tolle - The Person

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest