Eckhart Bashing - Bring It On

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)

Re: Eckhart Bashing - Bring It On

Postby painBody » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 pm

DavidB wrote:Sometimes when Tolle talks, he gets phlegm in his vocal cords and he doesn't clear it, he just keeps talking. :roll:

Not to mention, the incredibly annoying belches/burps. It's like, dude, we get it ... you don't care about self-image. But, does that mean you'll fart into the microphone someday ?

"The new state of consciousness (belch) is necessary if we are to survive as a species. It is no longer a luxury. (belch)" :shock:
painBody

Postby Mystic » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Eckhart Tolle must have had a nervous breakdown, perhaps part of his brain shut down? It was just before his awakening experience. He then sat on park benches for a couple of years in a state of deep peaceful bliss.

https://www.eckharttolle.com/article/Th ... -Suffering

Does that mean you don't think anymore when you awaken spiritually? No, of course not. In fact, you can use thought much more effectively than before, but you realize there is a depth to your Being, a vibrantly alive stillness that is much vaster than thought. It is consciousness itself...

Jill Bolte Taylor also had an enlightening experience, a "stroke of insight" where she describes this blissful state of "no thought" or very little thought after she had a stroke in her brain.

https://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_ta ... of_insight

The rest of us will experience a more gradual approach to awakening and the brain can be rewired through the inner body-meditation practices that Eckhart and others teach.

I cannot think of anything really to bash about Eckhart Tolle ...but... I have some kind of premonition about this post though ...like a deja vu. Maybe I have written this post in a parallel reality :shock:

Eckhart Tolle is still not a vegetarian but I have been led to that path by listening to the inner stillness. Mammals have a well refined conscious awareness and killing and eating them also incurs damage to us. As we think and do unto others so we think and do unto ourselves.

It is easy to find flaws on the level of form but there were no enlightened humans that were perfect on the level of form. I think both Jesus and Buddha did their fair share of belching and farting. Yet their teachings transcended time and they became spiritual archetypes.

We live in a reality of cause and effect, the un-manifested and the manifested. Consciousness is pure light that condenses into forms and then returns to the un-manifested.

Perhaps humans are on the verge of an evolutionary leap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1f_bOXOU10
Mystic

Postby painBody » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 am

One more ET claim that is so far from the truth that laughter is not even possible.

"A new state of consciousness is emerging on the planet." ... i.e., his claim that, as a whole, the human population is coming closer to presence than to (deeper) insanity. If this is even infinitesimally true, one need only watch a bit of TV or browse a bit of Facebook to know the reality. For every person who is beginning to see the truth, there are a million who are plunging into and far beyond the depths of human madness. For every flower, there are a million weeds growing around it. There's really no question of any kind of debate here ... as a whole, the human populace is speeding faster and faster towards its own demise, and to think/claim otherwise is plain naivety (or shrewd businessmanship, as in the case of ET).

Honestly, ET is far too smart a person to really believe this kind of fairytale crap. I'm convinced that he says so only to sell his books and retreats, i.e. he makes that statement as a shrewd businessman who is entirely comfortable lying through his teeth, as opposed to a spiritual teacher who firmly believes in what he is saying. I'm not referring to everything he says, only the subject I mentioned above.

I don't have a problem with him saying this, because I see straight through the lies. But, what about the thousands of people who believe him and are misled ?
painBody

Postby turiya » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:33 am

Mystic wrote: I cannot think of anything really to bash about Eckhart Tolle

Me neither. I think he's perfectly imperfect just like everyone else. :D

Btw, thanks for sharing the Jill Bolte Taylor ted talk! That was very interesting!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is - infinite." -William Blake
turiya

Previous

Return to Eckhart Tolle - The Person