Eckhart Bashing - Bring It On

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)
DWBH1953

Re: Eckhart Bashing - Bring It On

Post by DWBH1953 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 pm

heidi wrote:I don't think ET is commercial, but he is very popular thanks to Oprah and such. Everyone needs to make a living, and how lucky for him that he gets to share his work and get paid for it. We discuss his work here; doesn't cost you a cent.

Sometimes notoriety happens all of itself. I think anyone who has done the effort certainly deserves to enjoy the spoils.
So, to you sour grapes people, I say, what's it to you?
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:51 pm

heidi wrote:. I think anyone who has done the effort certainly deserves to enjoy the spoils.
So, to you sour grapes people, I say, what's it to you?
Effort. the very idea that what ET does takes effort is very amusing to me.
It is done by not taking effort and just being with what is.
In non duality terms when you do something you love please tell me where effort can be found.

When I used to fly I would get up early in the morning, check out my plane do a pre'flight, look at the maps, file a flight plan etc etc. Now to a outsider watching me it could be said that this guy puts in a lot of effort into his flying, making sure everything is safe and ready to go, but to me the actual person if I was ever asked about effort I would laugh and say effort where is the effort.
You can search and search and what you will find is joy and happiness.
Yes I agree with you it is amazing when you get paid $$$ for spreading your joy.

Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

peleke4

Post by peleke4 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:24 pm

haha he does look like alfred!

tolle has the amazing ability to explain things clearly. yet, he doesn't explain surrender well in PON. Maybe other people were able to see this and understand right away, but for me, I was going around in circles.. under the impression that ego/mindmadesense of self/little me could actually surrender

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Dear James - you wrote: "Not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.’

To my mind, it ain’t necessarily so! I believe that letters do not have to kill in all instances. The inspiration that flows through someone on the Earth plane, who in this way becomes a channel for the Divine to speak to us and our world, the way for example the Master Jesus did, can and is meant to bless and heal all who come into contact with it.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

James

Post by James » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Dear James - you wrote: "Not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.’

To my mind, it ain’t necessarily so! I believe that letters do not have to kill in all instances.
I hear you, it is just another one of those pointers, not a literal statement. If the scribes of scripture believed it literally they would have stopped with that statement. The New Testament would consist of one sentence :lol:
The same applies to the Tao Te Ching, it begins: "The Tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Tao." But does Lao Tzu stop there? No he goes on to attempt to speak of it anyway. We do the best we can with words, they are relative approximations, sometimes they are helpful, sometimes they are hindrances that create divisions; that was my original point. :)

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

great2be

Post by great2be » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 am

I'm a very straight talker...... is that going to be a problem on this forum?

I don't have any intention to be inflammatory, but I also don't have any intention to call a spade a "sometimes wooden handled sometimes metal handled digging impliment"

We're all grown ups here, right? :D
An imaginary seeker, seeking an imaginary goal.
Realise the nature of imagination and the fallacious effort ends.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?

What happens when the dog runs faster?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:24 pm

great2be wrote:I'm a very straight talker...... is that going to be a problem on this forum?

I don't have any intention to be inflammatory, but I also don't have any intention to call a spade a "sometimes wooden handled sometimes metal handled digging impliment"

We're all grown ups here, right? :D
Read the forum rules. We do appreciate honesty but we also appreciate empathy, no one wants the spade shoved down their throats, even if seems to you that they do need to dig themselves out of a hole. There are many ways to get your point across.

WW

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Thank you, dear James, for explaining all this. However, it was not a point that had been overlooked by me.

With love - Aquarius

Goethe

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 pm

I find it interesting how often we view money and integrity as being mutually exclusive. I live in the same city as Eckhart from what I know
of him (I don't know him personally) he has a nice modest flat in a desirable neighbourhood.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 am

lucy wrote:I find it interesting how often we view money and integrity as being mutually exclusive. I live in the same city as Eckhart from what I know
of him (I don't know him personally) he has a nice modest flat in a desirable neighbourhood.
Lucy, how can you be so cruel? What will we do without our illusions of ET living the highlife in some multi-million dollar mansion? Surely he must have a private jet tucked away somewhere, or at least a fantasy yacht docked in the local marina. A modest flat? Tell me it isn't so. :wink:

WW

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:51 am

lucy wrote:I find it interesting how often we view money and integrity as being mutually exclusive. I live in the same city as Eckhart from what I know
Lucy do not tell anyone but that where his body double lives. All wealthy people have one. Maybe they should be paying the poor guy more :wink: the body double that is.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:32 pm

'Surely he must have a private jet tucked away somewhere, or at least a fantasy yacht docked in the local marina.'

Would it matter to anyone if he really did? Would it make any difference to the work he is doing at present?

Remember, on the Earth plane all things are passing and the more highly evolved any souls becomes, the more subtle its tests and trials are going to be. Not for nothing has it been said in the Bible St. Matthew 19:24 ‘And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.’ By the way, in ‘The Holy Bible – translated by The Reverend Dr. George M. Lamsa’ this appears as follows: ‘Again I say to you, it is easier for a rope to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.’ In the Aramaic language, the one the Master Jesus spoke during his most recent known stay on the physical level of life, the Arabic word used in this quote is ‘gamla’; it stands for rope and camel.

With love - Aquarius

Goethe

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:
'Surely he must have a private jet tucked away somewhere, or at least a fantasy yacht docked in the local marina.'
Would it matter to anyone if he really did? Would it make any difference to the work he is doing at present?

With love - Aquarius
Well, yes. Apparently it does matter to those who complain about his imagined wealth. Like you however, I don't see why in the light of the direct effect his teachings have had on so many in gaining freedom from ego identity. What is it that complains about such things in the first place?

And would anyone relinquish the clarity gained by virtue of his pointers, just because he may have prospered? Not I.

WW

lucy

Post by lucy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:12 pm

I don't think we should be to eager to dismiss this. It seems a thread involving ET's material wealth seems to pop up quite regularly on this forum. I think it is
far more useful to look at why we are so programmed to believe that "he who gains the world loses his soul". Don't we need to dismantle all beliefs before we
can truly know ourselves. This belief is like all others that keep you from the truth. The way I see it, Eckhart is just "surrendering" to success, anything else would
be resistance.

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:20 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:'Surely he must have a private jet tucked away somewhere, or at least a fantasy yacht docked in the local marina.'

Of course it would matter, you are using the word anyone meaning anyone I would guess right.
However there is a larger part of the world that does not believe that Capitalism is a good thing to put it mildly. To them anyone that had wealth and things like a private jet or whatever would be very wrong. At times we forget that we are not speaking about the whole when we use the phrase anyone. Believe or not the whole world is far from being Capitalistic. This is why the US, the UK is looked at as a very evil thing for the progress of the world by many. Having had the opportunity to live outside of such governments for quite a while I have gained the eyes to see in the way most of the world looks at us. It is not in a favorable tone at all. So yes it would matter but it would be the same for any rich person not just ET.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana