Eckhart Bashing - Bring It On

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)
DWBH1953

Re: Eckhart Bashing - Bring It On

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:35 pm

lucy wrote: This belief is like all others that keep you from the truth. The way I see it, Eckhart is just "surrendering" to success, anything else would
be resistance.
Thank you Lucy that was as well said as needed.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 pm

I cannot see any earthly reason why Eckhart should not enjoy the fruits of his hard work and the resulting success. What's the problem? Jealousy? Well, that too is a part of the small earthly self each one of us needs to overcome.

With love - Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Skimming through some of the things that have been posted in this thread, the one thing that keeps on coming to my mind is the German saying:

‘Was kümmert es den Mond, wenn ihn der Hund anbellt?’

i.e. ‘Why should it matter to the Moon when the dog barks at it?’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Goethe

www.raysofwisdom.com

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes :)
The POV's expressed - both the "positive" and the "negative" - have absolutely nothing to do with Tolle.
They are simply an indication of the consciousness of the expresser.

"There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so" -Shakespeare
Peace

highlife66

Post by highlife66 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:53 am

HermitLoon wrote:Yes :)
The POV's expressed - both the "positive" and the "negative" - have absolutely nothing to do with Tolle.
They are simply an indication of the consciousness of the expresser.

"There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so" -Shakespeare
Yes, as I was reading the various replies I noticed they are only projections of the perceptions of others including my own... :D

"Eckhart should..."
or
"Eckhart shouldn't..."

Whatever your answer is has nothing to do with Tolle and everything to do what you believe you should or shouldn't do...

Warmly,
Jeff
Do not seek after what you yearn for, seek the source of the yearning itself.

HowToKnowGod

Post by HowToKnowGod » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Why would you complain about E.T.'s view or lack of view of reincarnation? What does it matter? What does it have to do with the present moment? The fact is, we don't know what happens after we die. We'll find out when we die. But we're not dead right now. How could he give you any accurate information on what happens after the death of the physical body when he hasn't died and come back from death? He just says what we know from TPON. We are the awareness behind every situation. We will be awareness behind the situation of no body to inhabit, whatever that situation is. Stop getting caught up in the situation, Mr. Ego.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:11 pm

HowToKnowGod wrote:The fact is, we don't know what happens after we die. We'll find out when we die.
We can get a pretty good "preview/glimpse" of death every time we go into deep dreamless sleep!
Life is kind enough to show it to us!

HowToKnowGod

Post by HowToKnowGod » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:59 pm

But when you're in deep dreamless sleep, do you know what that's like? Nobody knows what that's like.

Glycine

Deep Sleep

Post by Glycine » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:15 am

Some people report that they are able to remain aware even during deep sleep! They have the feeling of "being there".
However, this is not my case.

HowToKnowGod

Post by HowToKnowGod » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:16 am

Then they weren't technically in deep dreamless sleep.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 pm

We could say that they are not in deep sleep anymore. In fact, they are able to be awake even during deep sleep. Or at least it seems that way. A reliable example could be that of Ramana:
"The sleep, dream and waking states are mere phenomenon appearing on the Self, which is stationary as simple awareness. The waking state is perceived to be full of beautiful and interesting things, the absence of which makes one think sleep is dull. What you consider a world fil­led with interesting things is the dull and ignorant state of sleep to the Jnani. The wise one is wide awake where just darkness rules for others."
Talks with Ramana Maharshi, p. 607-609.

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Yes Glycine - the first sentence says it all :)
"The sleep, dream and waking states are mere phenomenon appearing on the Self, which is stationary as simple awareness.
Peace

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:32 pm

HowToKnowGod wrote: The fact is, we don't know what happens after we die. We'll find out when we die.
In fairness, you can only say that you don't know what happens when we die. There are quite a number of people who say otherwise - from experience. Look into near death experiencers. It's quite an interesting study. Some say it's only hallucinations from a dying brain, but that too is just an oppinion from those with no direct experience. The extent of these expiences seems to go far beyond what brains are capable of. Then of course there is the large body of information on OBE's, and regression hypnosis. Taken as a whole, it's fairly convincing.

WW

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 pm

"We" don't die - only the body/mind/consciousness dissolves ("dies") ...

all experiences (including The Human Experience) end ...

the infinite potential for experience that is inherent in the "True Self" of Pure Awareness that "we" are has no beginning or end - was never "born" and can never "die".

Peace
Peace

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Dear Friends,
To say: ‘Death is nothing!’ would mean to belittle its significance, even though in truth there is no death. What we perceive as death when someone departs from their physical body is but a change and a transformation into a different life-state. Everybody has to go through this process, at the end of each lifetime. When we are willing to accept this on all levels of our being we can save ourselves a great deal of unnecessary pain and suffering. But you don’t have to take my word for it. Why don’t you see for yourself whether what I am telling you is true? If you are willing to do this, find a quite space where you can be sure that you will not be disturbed by anyone. Make yourself as comfortable as you can, then light a candle, look into its flame, centre yourself and feel how you are becoming still. Now, imagine that one of our loved ones is near and wishes to communicate with you. Focus on your heart and listen to the words of comfort coming to you, not from some ‘other world out there somewhere’, but through your very own heart. Stop thinking; just feel into your heart and listen to the responses that come from there.

With love - Aquarius

Goethe

www.raysofwisdom.com