Money

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)

Re: Money

Postby Plorel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:46 am

Without reading the thread, I just wanted wanted to express my amusement that everything where the Keywords "Eckhard" and "money" are involved seems to become another over 100 post long thread, as the previous were ^^.
Who am I without my story?
Plorel

Postby OnthePath » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Sighclone wrote:In his fine new book "Wake up Now," Stephen Bodian speaks at length about the personal foibles of his various teachers. His conclusion, though, rather than judging them, is to point out, as does Adya, that awakening has several steps, including "closing the gap" (Adya).

Andy

I'm glad one in this forum read "Wake up Now" of Stephan Bodian.
I think in this matter we have to find a balance between the form and the formless world. Not completely ignoring unethical behaviors and not dwelling on them as another set of beliefs. The middle way if the best way. Questionning where the Eckhart's money goes will not lead us to enlightenment but if someone tells me why his seminars are that expensive, I will listen. I won't refuse to listen just because the information won't help me awaken.
OnthePath

Postby Ananda » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:55 am

Hi again Whitman

Like I said in my original post, I couldn't tell you what eckhart does with all that money, but if you are questioning his character, or his message, based on how much he charges then I can tell you myself that eckhart is absolutely true in what he says. Now what is more important, money or truth?

Also, you say that you are a seeker, and that you feel that you are still far away. From what, exactly? What exactly are you seeking, if I may bring this up?
Ananda

Postby whitman77 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi again Whitman

Like I said in my original post, I couldn't tell you what eckhart does with all that money, but if you are questioning his character, or his message, based on how much he charges then I can tell you myself that eckhart is absolutely true in what he says. Now what is more important, money or truth?

Also, you say that you are a seeker, and that you feel that you are still far away. From what, exactly? What exactly are you seeking, if I may bring this up?

Hi Ananda,

I sat down and listened to a new earth... it cleared my mental chatter somewhat... i once again felt the truth in what was being said... reminding me... money is neither good nor bad... has no inherent meaning...

I guess like most people i have been seeking some sort of meaning to this life and to my own life in particular... seeking enlightenment...

in meditation i am and that is it... when i get caught up in mental noise i start to seek something outside of myslef again forgeting that i am that already...

I feel the truth in Eckhart and that is enough

Whitman
whitman77

Postby Dan_ » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm

I love Nisargadatta who lived in tenement of Mumbai and never ran after money. Nor did he go corporate. That is true, complete and consistent enlightenment. I also agree with Anand that one book of ET is enough. The perseverance is more important than these expensive seminars.
I have done my share of self help workshops and seminars and finally quit them all.
ET would get the message if we all just bought his book and do the hard work.
Dan_

Previous

Return to Eckhart Tolle - The Person