Does Tolle even care?

Is he enlightened? Why does he charge so much money? Does he have an ego? All these unimportant issues and more =)

Re: Does Tolle even care?

Postby Laramie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Simpleaser: Okay that's fine....in Eckhart's words "This too, shall pass." Your unease and unhappiness about Eckhart not doing enough to help us all....will pass. I hope you have a wonderful time at Adyashanti's retreat...I want to do the one in New York myself.

I thought it was a very funny coincidence that after I read through your post, I signed on to Facebook. Eckhart's fan page has announced that he'll be doing a free guided meditation on June 26th to celebrate 400,000 fans on Facebook. Perhaps Eckhart heard your prayers and is getting off his "lazy" butt :lol: I joke.... Here's your chance to get some free Eckhart stuff...you have to register because I think the bandwidth can accommodate 25,000 people. Here you go! http://www.eckharttolletv.com/free-meditation/
Laramie

Postby Sighclone » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:42 am

I don't think these satsangs are that exhausting, he just sits there.

I was referring to the schedule. He does not have an exhausting schedule. People who expect more of him might suggest that he do four a week for free, flying all over the world. That would be exhausting and expensive. We are talking about a human being here...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby simpleaser » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:10 pm

kiki wrote:
i don't think hes obligated to do anything, if he wants to be lazy he can but i'm not going to be happy about it

There is your answer - the problem isn't Tolle's, it's yours. What is it in you that creates that problem?

I WANT TO SEE TOLLE LIVE

way too many tolle apologists on this forum.

If we all banded together we could get him to change this

but I'm the one with the problem even though my demands are reasonable
simpleaser

Postby kiki » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:31 pm

I WANT TO SEE TOLLE LIVE

Yes, you are the one with the problem, but you don't seem to realize this. Your ego is having a hissy-fit: I want, I want, I want. Gimme what I demand. Gimme gimme gimme. Let's all band together so we can force him to do that. I WANT TO SEE TOLLE LIVE. Wah wah wah!!!

You are coming across like a little kid in the supermarket who is having a temper tantrum, making a spectacle of himself because mommy won't buy him the sugared cereal on the shelf, and your misery is everybody else's fault - Tolle isn't doing what you demand, people on the board are Tolle "apologists", yet you are the "reasonable" party here. Next thing we'll see is this whiny little kid holding his breath until he gets his way.

This is how you present yourself, like a puppet dancing on the strings that someone else is pulling. All of this is coming from the drama queen known as ego. "My demands are reasonable." You don't even have a hope, wish, or desire to see him, but have generated demands; what does that say? Where do demands come from other than the ego? It's ego that wants to control others; do you really think that's possible? Has that ever worked other than in a relationship built on manipulation, where one person seeks to control another without real regard for the other party? You want to manipulate your way to happiness, and that never works.

Seeing Tolle live is not some sort of "magic pill" that's going to make things right for you - that's a dream that you've created. There's nothing he can say to you as a member of an audience that is not readily available in easily obtainable materials, so until he comes to some venue that's more accessible to you you'll just have to use what you already have and accept that fact. And if you never get to see him live, then accept that as well. Whatever presence you think you'll get by being in his physical presence is already available to you right where you are sitting in this very moment.

If you haven't already seen the free webinar hosted by Oprah then check it out.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahsbookclub/Dow ... eb-Classes

But remember, you are not in charge of Tolle or anyone else, so get over that delusion right now. Take some time and seriously examine the nature of your ego; be honest with yourself and stop shoving blame for your misery onto other people.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby randomguy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 pm

That's a compassionate smack.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby simpleaser » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 pm

kiki wrote:
I WANT TO SEE TOLLE LIVE

Yes, you are the one with the problem, but you don't seem to realize this. Your ego is having a hissy-fit: I want, I want, I want. Gimme what I demand. Gimme gimme gimme. Let's all band together so we can force him to do that. I WANT TO SEE TOLLE LIVE. Wah wah wah!!!

You are coming across like a little kid in the supermarket who is having a temper tantrum, making a spectacle of himself because mommy won't buy him the sugared cereal on the shelf, and your misery is everybody else's fault - Tolle isn't doing what you demand, people on the board are Tolle "apologists", yet you are the "reasonable" party here. Next thing we'll see is this whiny little kid holding his breath until he gets his way.

This is how you present yourself, like a puppet dancing on the strings that someone else is pulling. All of this is coming from the drama queen known as ego. "My demands are reasonable." You don't even have a hope, wish, or desire to see him, but have generated demands; what does that say? Where do demands come from other than the ego? It's ego that wants to control others; do you really think that's possible? Has that ever worked other than in a relationship built on manipulation, where one person seeks to control another without real regard for the other party? You want to manipulate your way to happiness, and that never works.

Seeing Tolle live is not some sort of "magic pill" that's going to make things right for you - that's a dream that you've created. There's nothing he can say to you as a member of an audience that is not readily available in easily obtainable materials, so until he comes to some venue that's more accessible to you you'll just have to use what you already have and accept that fact. And if you never get to see him live, then accept that as well. Whatever presence you think you'll get by being in his physical presence is already available to you right where you are sitting in this very moment.

If you haven't already seen the free webinar hosted by Oprah then check it out.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahsbookclub/Dow ... eb-Classes

But remember, you are not in charge of Tolle or anyone else, so get over that delusion right now. Take some time and seriously examine the nature of your ego; be honest with yourself and stop shoving blame for your misery onto other people.

Actually I transcended my ego a while back, I hardly even remember what its like to have one.

I believe that Tolles disgraceful schedule needs to be called out.

If I'm the only one among users who just want to make excuses for him

or say any questioning of Tolle is all ego related than so be it.

The truth will always prevail

and Tolle will include a few dates in London on his touring schedule(which does not even exist at this moment).
simpleaser

Postby snowheight » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 pm

(from this thread):

simpleaser wrote:wow this guy is lucky to be able to sit on a bench with Tolle.

they should have done the whole interview on the bench

The Power of Now has sold 3 million copies in North America.

If Eckhart Tolle were to spend 12 hours every day spending one minute on the bench with each person who bought a copy, allowing a single 30 minute lunch break and 2 ten-minute bathroom breaks mid-morning and late afternoon, and if you gave him one day off every week it would take him about 14 years until he was done ... but of course he'd probably die first because there are going to be a bunch more copies sold while he's on the bench.

Who cares about anyone outside of North America? .. especially London! ... oh wait ... ok... I'll go back and re-do the calculation including the number of copies sold everywhere in the world except London ...
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby ashley72 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:16 am

Simpleaser wrote:Actually I transcended my ego a while back, I hardly even remember what its like to have one.

Then why bother seeing him at all... if you have no ego?

In fact, why don't you start teaching instead of complaining :lol:
ashley72

Postby alex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Hehe!
alex

Postby mega_nix » Fri May 18, 2012 4:56 am

I hope i don't see him. My thankfulness would hurt more than do good :lol:
It isn't important if you live 20 or 1000 years. The only thing that it is important, is to loose the fear of death
mega_nix

Postby viking55803 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:23 am

I hate to use labels, but ET is a self-described introvert. Introversion/extroversion are temperament qualities, as resistant to change as your natural reflexes or athletic ability. He has accepted his role as a teacher, but doesn't seem to be "leader" material, and I sense that this is perfectly ok with him.

If you want to do something to make the world a better place, you need to start with what you have and where you are at. It would be a great thing to have cheap, limitless and pollution-free energy, but unless you can design and build a fusion reactor that is probably not going to be your contribution to a better planet. In the meantime, you can buy energy-efficient light bulbs and bicycle to work.
viking55803

Postby Sultec » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:02 pm

I've really enjoyed this and similar threads as an example of using Tolle's principles. It must be really discouraging for a troll to post here, almost no flames start.

As far as Tolle's costs go, I agree that the live events are pricey but why not, one can get the message much cheaper by buying the books (or just borrowing it from the library)and if I pay a lot of money to see the "star" that shows what a good fan-boy I am and gives me bragging rights.

Then I'd best go back and reread the message and start to live the message. Seeing and hearing the star, even talking about his writings is just mind activity in the first place. But it's fun!
Sultec

Postby Sighclone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Welcome Sultec! Yeah, we get some trolls, and, trust me we will banish them to their little cave if they violate "The Rules" here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2051

Mainly we are about civilized discussion. Criticism of a line of thinking is fine. Criticism of a writer, of another member, on a personal basis, especially if harshly judgmental and inflammatory gets a wrist-slap, then banishment...

And yes, it can be fun and illuminating to talk about his stuff ... thanks for joining.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Baba Bozo » Wed May 27, 2015 3:25 pm

simpleaser wrote:I have no problem with Tolle having money, I hope he becomes a billionaire.

Generally speaking about anyone with something to say on these issues, it doesn't seem wise or necessary to turn topics such as these in to a business. Money, power and fame etc are not helpful additions to conversations about the most deeply personal issues.

That said, it's a free country as the saying goes, so everyone is surely entitled to disagree and pursue their own vision.
Baba Bozo

Postby Webwanderer » Thu May 28, 2015 12:36 am

Concern over Tolle's money says far more about the concerned than it does about Tolle. Get what you can out of Tolle's teachings and move on.

WW
Webwanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Eckhart Tolle - The Person