Back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat 2017 in Norway

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat 2017 in Norway

Postby kaching » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:01 am

I just came back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat. It was the best decision that I made in my life to go to his retreat. His energy and presence is AMAZING, but I have to say that Eckhart Tolle is also a comedian, it really should be his side-job.

I will be posting my thought process and the retreat that we stayed at on my Youtube channel.

This is the first video I have made before leaving for Scandinavia for his retreat: https://youtu.be/Ze5kltfO04w

You can tell how I am not with presence and I am making assumptions in the above video that gives me fear about going to another country. Eckhart Tolle's describes this as scaring yourself in the future that has not happened yet, which can be harmful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Now that I have attended his retreat, I don't think I need to go ever again. As he said at the end of the retreat, he expressed that the retreat will always be in me. Only those who need reminders of his teachings should go back.

I posted on Youtube what I have learned after the retreat: https://youtu.be/iRgtGXHAsbI
kaching

Re: Back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat 2017 in No

Postby Mystic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:53 am

Hello kaching, thank you for sharing the video of what you have experienced at the Eckhart Tolle retreat :D
Mystic

Postby rachMiel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Judging from your "after" video, you seem to be doing great, kaching. Keep digging/aware-ing!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Testigo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am

I was there in Norway, too. Yes, you are right about his gifts as a comediant. He is really good at that!
I was disappointed by the isolation and secrecy of all his movements outside the stage. And i got even more than that, suspicious when the organizer of the event informed me that nobody could talk to him and interrupt "his meditatios and moments of peace". It was a real surprise to me, because I have heard from Eckhart MANY TIMES that you can and should meditate at any time while walking, observing, or even TALKING with other people, in other words, beeing always present. But even more than disappointed, (literally my ego became jealous) by the selection of a reduced group to be his audience at a smaller and secret auditorium: I just discovered according with the date of one video that I saw yesterday, that on the second day at the convention center he talked (without the 95% of the participants knowing about this) to a selected and smaller group of people about love, a matter that he didn't mention at all in the 14 -15 hours of lectures we heard at the "official"r etreat.
True love, i have heard from him, only comes and be evident after Enlightment. Reading his books and listening to his videos, he clearly puts enlightment as a future event, and at least three times at the retrear he told the audience that "you are here because you are close to be enlighted" in a clear refference of something TO BE ACHIEVED IN THE FUTURE!
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby Onceler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

As I get older and move thru this life I realize more and more that we need nothing (and no one) other than to see (and feel) who we are at the deepest level. Do you need this chuckling, stout little fellow? Is he already part of you? Go deeper than him, you are right there, a blink away. You are more intimate than Tolle’s inner circle will ever be.....and far more powerful.

Is he, and his secrets, keeping you from seeing yourself? Forget about enlightenment, it’s magical thinking. A life free of fear is far more satisfying.

Quit the search, quit the teachers, quit the dogma, strip it all down and see what happens.

You’ll be laughing.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Rob X » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Onceler wrote:As I get older and move thru this life I realize more and more that we need nothing (and no one) other than to see (and feel) who we are at the deepest level. Do you need this chuckling, stout little fellow? Is he already part of you? Go deeper than him, you are right there, a blink away. You are more intimate than Tolle’s inner circle will ever be.....and far more powerful.

Is he, and his secrets, keeping you from seeing yourself? Forget about enlightenment, it’s magical thinking. A life free of fear is far more satisfying.

Quit the search, quit the teachers, quit the dogma, strip it all down and see what happens.

You’ll be laughing.

(Applause emoticon)
Rob X

Return to Personal Experiences