Back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat 2017 in Norway

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat 2017 in Norway

Postby kaching » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:01 am

I just came back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat. It was the best decision that I made in my life to go to his retreat. His energy and presence is AMAZING, but I have to say that Eckhart Tolle is also a comedian, it really should be his side-job.

I will be posting my thought process and the retreat that we stayed at on my Youtube channel.

This is the first video I have made before leaving for Scandinavia for his retreat: https://youtu.be/Ze5kltfO04w

You can tell how I am not with presence and I am making assumptions in the above video that gives me fear about going to another country. Eckhart Tolle's describes this as scaring yourself in the future that has not happened yet, which can be harmful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Now that I have attended his retreat, I don't think I need to go ever again. As he said at the end of the retreat, he expressed that the retreat will always be in me. Only those who need reminders of his teachings should go back.

I posted on Youtube what I have learned after the retreat: https://youtu.be/iRgtGXHAsbI
kaching

Re: Back from the Eckhart Tolle spiritual retreat 2017 in No

Postby Mystic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:53 am

Hello kaching, thank you for sharing the video of what you have experienced at the Eckhart Tolle retreat :D
Mystic

Postby rachMiel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Judging from your "after" video, you seem to be doing great, kaching. Keep digging/aware-ing!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Testigo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am

I was there in Norway, too. Yes, you are right about his gifts as a comediant. He is really good at that!
I was disappointed by the isolation and secrecy of all his movements outside the stage. And i got even more than that, suspicious when the organizer of the event informed me that nobody could talk to him and interrupt "his meditatios and moments of peace". It was a real surprise to me, because I have heard from Eckhart MANY TIMES that you can and should meditate at any time while walking, observing, or even TALKING with other people, in other words, beeing always present. But even more than disappointed, (literally my ego became jealous) by the selection of a reduced group to be his audience at a smaller and secret auditorium: I just discovered according with the date of one video that I saw yesterday, that on the second day at the convention center he talked (without the 95% of the participants knowing about this) to a selected and smaller group of people about love, a matter that he didn't mention at all in the 14 -15 hours of lectures we heard at the "official"r etreat.
True love, i have heard from him, only comes and be evident after Enlightment. Reading his books and listening to his videos, he clearly puts enlightment as a future event, and at least three times at the retrear he told the audience that "you are here because you are close to be enlighted" in a clear refference of something TO BE ACHIEVED IN THE FUTURE!
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby Onceler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

As I get older and move thru this life I realize more and more that we need nothing (and no one) other than to see (and feel) who we are at the deepest level. Do you need this chuckling, stout little fellow? Is he already part of you? Go deeper than him, you are right there, a blink away. You are more intimate than Tolle’s inner circle will ever be.....and far more powerful.

Is he, and his secrets, keeping you from seeing yourself? Forget about enlightenment, it’s magical thinking. A life free of fear is far more satisfying.

Quit the search, quit the teachers, quit the dogma, strip it all down and see what happens.

You’ll be laughing.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Rob X » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Onceler wrote:As I get older and move thru this life I realize more and more that we need nothing (and no one) other than to see (and feel) who we are at the deepest level. Do you need this chuckling, stout little fellow? Is he already part of you? Go deeper than him, you are right there, a blink away. You are more intimate than Tolle’s inner circle will ever be.....and far more powerful.

Is he, and his secrets, keeping you from seeing yourself? Forget about enlightenment, it’s magical thinking. A life free of fear is far more satisfying.

Quit the search, quit the teachers, quit the dogma, strip it all down and see what happens.

You’ll be laughing.

(Applause emoticon)
Rob X

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:19 am

One of the oldest saying is, "never meet your hero(s)."

I was thinking about it but, I saw the price and its pretty expensive. The retreat by itself is not cheap but, its based upon a dual occupancy, plus a flight, and add-on(s). I guess when you are a 'big deal,' it is sort of to be expected for such a speaker.

On another message board, someone came across the fact that, despite presence and the teachings, Ecky owns some sports or luxury car. this dude was freaking out about this said result. I will link it if I come across or can think of the site. Anyway, the best post from that thread was that, Ecky always emphasized non-attachment but, spoke of unique items that were crafted with the art of presence. Someone tried to say that, these said vehicles were all made by each piece individually, and therefore, in presence versus actually being spat off an assembly-line.

Maybe once I make more money, I will look into this, and consider it thoroughly. I noticed on the site, there are people who collaborate to share occupancy. Also, the ratio sounds absolutely ideal lol
meetjoeblack

Postby Testigo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 am

I have been considering that i shoud reestructure my practicing of Echart's teachings. The main reason is that after the retreat in Norway I have left with a much clear feeling that something I am doing is not the way it should be. To start with, after almost 14 years of reading his books, watching hundreds of his videos, practicing meditation and trying to be here and now as much as posible. I have not got the peace of spirit that is supossed to come to the practicant.
It is evident that I have been doing something wrong. I believe now that I do not need more information (theory) and that what I need is more practice. Furthermore, After hearing to him for so many hours sin Norway, my tendency to analize and clasify information created some big questionmarks about his selection of themes to treat them according with the level of his audience.
I don't mean that I have discover contradictions in his teachings. What I mean is that I can detect in him at least three levels of lectures, and that what is given by him in the normal videos we see is that for begginers.
In those teachings sometimes happen that you can perceive a glimpse of more profound issues that he "hides" or put aside after he realizes that he had talked "too much". Somehow I don't like this.
When he talks about love, he has a "second grade" audience, and then he feels free to talk openly about how "true love" is something that is not reached for a comun person. When the talks about Being and Awareness, it happens when the level of audience is very high, (third level) or when he is directly asked by someone in more private and special sessions.
Well, I am going to investigate this, and I have already began to read and listen to other master to compare.
For these reasons I will stop, at least for a good while, reading him or listening to his videos.
Last edited by Testigo on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby Onceler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Have you considered that maybe it’s not you that is doing something wrong, or not doing something right.....but that it’s the teaching, and not just ET’s? It sounds like that’s where you’re headed and, I think, you’re in a very good place. I would say question everything these teachers are saying, better yet throw it in the garbage and give up. I spent twice the amount of years you have seeking the answer, seeking salvation before I realized there is no salvation. This is it. Once you stop seeking for the answer, enlightenment, salvation, etc., you are open to finding who you are in this moment, in this life. It’s the seeking that causes dissatisfaction. Life itself, lived fully and without fear or desire for things to be different (better) is wonderfully satisfying and brilliant. The flow of life, in all its messy incomprehensible complexity is way more satisfying than spiritual attainment.....whatever that is.

Make a sincere effeport to touch on yourself at the most fundamental level....this is not a big deal and it takes 3 minutes. Close your eyes. Breath. Ask yourself how it feels to be me? Drop to this place of ‘me’. Really feel it and do t think or use your cognitive mind to experience you. It’s nothing earth shattering....it’s actually very plain, nondescript. That’s you. Do this whenever you think to do it for the next little while until you get tired of it.

There will be a strong reaction in the next few months as fear begins to leave your mind. Your symptoms of anxiety, depression, angst, neurosis, etc. will probably get worse. This is a good thing, as it means that you are recovering your sanity and mind. Gradually the negative reaction will drop away and you will lose the desire for change, salvation, enlightenment, or whatever and you will just live this wondrous life we have been given. You will be satisfied, or your satisfaction with your life will grow.

Don’t take my word for it, just try it. There is no practice, other than occasionally feeling the essence of you. You can’t do it wrong......it’s you. There is no dogma and your need for dogma and teaching will disappear. This whole process took about three years for me to fully see a shift and to process what had happened. I’m about six years from that initial recognition of ‘me’ and my life is rich, full, free of all the neurotic crap I lived with most of my days and extremely satisfying. In fact, it just keeps getting better. It’s still the same life, same problems, same body, same house, etc, but the way I experience it is completely transformed. I feel reborn. (Jesus’ teaching about being born again resonants deeply with me).

There is nothing dramatic about this process, in fact you will barely notice it. But one day months or years down the road, you’ll notice that you haven’t been anxious in awhile, or depressed, and you’ll notice you’re taking deep pleasure in small things, in the moment, that you love to learn, that people don’t trigger you the way they used to, that your crazy mind has quieted down, that your more efficient at work, etc. Fear is gone.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby dijmart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 am

better yet throw it in the garbage and give up. I spent twice the amount of years you have seeking the answer, seeking salvation before I realized there is no salvation. This is it

Yup. Only took 8 years for me :lol: :lol: :lol: Thing is...you really can't tell someone else. They won't believe you, until their ready.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:49 am

Testigo wrote:I have been considering that i shoud reestructure my practicing of Echart's teachings. The main reason is that after the retreat in Norway I have left with a much clear feeling that something I am doing is not the way it should be. To start with, after almost 14 years of reading his books, watching hundreds of his videos, practicing meditation and trying to be here and now as much as posible. I have not got the peace of spirit that is supossed to come to the practicant.
It is evident that I have been doing something wrong. I believe now that I do not need more information (theory) and that what I need is more practice. Furthermore, After hearing to him for so many hours sin Norway, my tendency to analize and clasify information created some big questionmarks about his selection of themes to treat them according with the level of his audience.
I don't mean that I have discover contradictions in his teachings. What I mean is that I can detect in him at least three levels of lectures, and that what is given by him in the normal videos we see is that for begginers.
In those teachings sometimes happen that you can perceive a glimpse of more profound issues that he "hides" or put aside after he realizes that he had talked "too much". Somehow I don't like this.
When he talks about love, he has a "second grade" audience, and then he feels free to talk openly about how "true love" is something that is not reached for a comun person. When the talks about Being and Awareness, it happens when the level of audience is very high, (third level) or when he is directly asked by someone in more private and special sessions.
Well, I am going to investigate this, and I have already began to read and listen to other master to compare.
For these reasons I will stop, at least for a good while, reading him or listening to his videos.

Again, this is why they say, don't ever meet your hero(s).

I feel like, my expectation and ego would want salvation for the pain I feel which Ecky cannot give me. Nobody can. At a young age, I have went head on with the dragon of chaos full throttle. I did not have a choice. From a young ago, people kept leaving due to illness, lots of death, and more suffering. These traumas could drive a person insane individually let alone a series of them one after another. I no doubt have PTSD but, there is no time for pity or seeking sympathy. All would have been lost if I gave up or just went full blown crazy and or put an end to my suffering.

I once experienced the feeling of "my soul wanting out of its body." When the actual awareness dawned upon me as to what that means, I was terrified because I never experienced that sort of darkness consciously. This was brought on by what Terrence Mcknenna would refer to as a heroic dose of mushrooms.

My friend; our pain is what bonds us together, and while it differs solely based upon situational circumstances, the aftermath is no different. We will all go to that next place. The question remains, what would make this adventure we call life all worth the price of admission?

I caution you. You can go seek out more sources, pay for expensive retreats or and buy all the books. In the end, they are all saying the same thing just in different ways. If you find one that transcends your suffering, makes this adventure more meaningful, and the juice worth the squeeze, be my guest. In all probability, it is chasing that carrot on a string. Chasing phantoms. No different than the bloke frantically pursuing making partner, climbing the corporate ladder, and reckless in conquest for riches. It is self defeating.

I hope after the experience, you remember that, Ecky is human like you or I, and doing his best in that moment in time. I think I would gain a lot from the experience but, with a student loan and bills not to mention, a shitty job market, i am priced out of the market. If only he had a reasonably priced short retreat and i was financially better off, I no doubt would make the trek.

The tea ceremony in Peru is on my to do list but, so is traveling the world. How the hell I end up doing it, is another question altogether. Me thinks I will meet someone and settle down with but, that is likely my ego and my cravings talking.
meetjoeblack

Postby meetjoeblack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 am

dijmart wrote:
better yet throw it in the garbage and give up. I spent twice the amount of years you have seeking the answer, seeking salvation before I realized there is no salvation. This is it

Yup. Only took 8 years for me :lol: :lol: :lol: Thing is...you really can't tell someone else. They won't believe you, until their ready.

I have experienced moments of satori, sudden rush of presence, and awareness all too short lived. DMT comes to mind. Skydiving is another incident. Moreover, random experiences where, I feel like i just unplugged from the Matrix. The harder I try to hold onto it, the more elusive it becomes, and the harder it gets.

Time is something that fucks with me (pardon my french). You are young one day and not the next. you see it in sports or actors with aging process. nobody is above it. I mentioned a woman who brought up her age to me, about needing cosmetic surgery, and that, it being all downhill from here.

I left the convo messed up. Her pain body was so dense, I felt like it was picking away at my soul, and i caught myself in that web until I distanced myself as I will in future.

In keeping with what you said, i recall that quote, "the finger pointing to the moon is not the moon."

You can point people to the doors but, they got to walk through it. I find myself walking in and out of the same door far too often. Paradox/humor/change!
meetjoeblack

Postby Testigo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 am

Dear Onceler:
I am very grateful for your quick and profound answer to my post.
I have read it several times, every sentence very carefully, and something in this message touched me deeply. It is without doubt the feeling of the echo of the words of other authors, masters or spiritual advisers that I have read and perhaps disregarded in the past.
I have been considering the essence of what you say and my conclusion is that all of it makes sense: I am here fulfilling a particular roll, and as such, first of all, I have to comply to what was assigned to me and be conscious of it, but without using my cognitive mind.
Is that it? Have I got correctly the essence of the message?
Thanks again, Onceler.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby Onceler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:32 am

Testigo wrote:Dear Onceler:
I am very grateful for your quick and profound answer to my post.
I have read it several times, every sentence very carefully, and something in this message touched me deeply. It is without doubt the feeling of the echo of the words of other authors, masters or spiritual advisers that I have read and perhaps disregarded in the past.
I have been considering the essence of what you say and my conclusion is that all of it makes sense: I am here fulfilling a particular roll, and as such, first of all, I have to comply to what was assigned to me and be conscious of it, but without using my cognitive mind.
Is that it? Have I got correctly the essence of the message?
Thanks again, Onceler.

Thanks Testigo, I’m saying do an act of self inquiry.....literally close your eyes, breath and center yourself than ask the question “How does it feel to be me?” Then feel that sense of you while keeping your thinking out of it. Just get the true sense of you. That’s it. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but keep doing it when you think of it and over time things will change.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby meetjoeblack » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:07 am

I like this thread and the sharing that went on in here.

I am curious as to what insights came to mind once those who "stopped looking" and "seeking salvation?"

I think people do this with mentors, teachers, religion, LTRs, marriage, some X factor etc. which cannot give fulfillment EVER. I am being mindful. I think once I am better off financially, it is something I would like to experience but, maybe starting out with a shorter retreat. Maybe a yoga and meditation silent retreat. I also want to do a tea ceremony in Peru. Again, i just want to explore my consciousness, expose myself to various things, and learn.
meetjoeblack

Next

Return to Personal Experiences