Awakening through the Inner body

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
alchemizt

Awakening through the Inner body

Post by alchemizt » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:28 am

Inner body meditation is the primary spiritual practice I do, I wouldn't actually call it a practice or a doing, I don't know why but it's become so immensely valuable to me. It's very interesting because I've had this issue for a long time where I emotionally shut down and can't feel my body, like a numbness spreads over me. In the past I thought I couldn't do inner body meditation when in this state but I become very determined. It's interesting to observe what happens. The numbness doesn't necessarily get reversed. What happens is first I become aware of like a contraction or not of energy and this is easy to focus on as a meditation object. My breathing gets deeper and starts to feel very satisfying and gets more and more harmonious. A feeling of relaxed peace starts to build up throughout my body. A feeling of warmth builds. Even though I'm not feeling emotions, this feeling of contentment builds up. When I get up and interact with the world, everything just flows so much more harmoniously. I naturally smile and interact with people fluidly, I can speak more clearly. Everything just flows better.

I've observed these changes when I actually am feeling emotions and usually they happen alongside a shift in emotions to positive ones. It's very interesting to observe the process when I'm not feeling emotions because something clearly shifts and changes. I feel love WAY more easily, even when emotions are numbed, I can feel love subtly seep in. It'll be expressed in the way I interact with people, like I'm just naturally kinder.

I first learnt inner body meditation when I was in a storm of emotional turmoil, I don't know if I could have learned it while numb but now that Im experienced with it I can do it even when I'm not sure if I can actually feel my body and it works.

To actually spiritually awaken through inner body meditation, I can see it way more clearly how it works when there's strong emotions and my thoughts are chaotic because I can see how thoughts trigger the emotions and vice versa and I can observe the mental stories that are creating suffering. In a numbed state, it seems tricky at first not being able to feel the body my but it actually works.