Fear during transformation?

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Hilli

Fear during transformation?

Post by Hilli » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi everybody.I’m new on this site.I’ve been doing my journey some years.Tolle and meditation etc.There’s been lots of different realisations but most hardest it ”hit” today when I was doing my daily meditation.What happened was that suddendly I realise that ALL that I experience and there is arises from consiusness and that is all there is.It was so powerfull and contiuned after I stopped meditate that there was a moment I or somebody start to panic a bit because I lost a sense of me.There was nothing else than the moment.Sound was just sound,no one to experiencing it etc.The experience is still super powerfull but there is no more fear.So I would like to ask if there is somebody who can identify this experience and specially what was the fear?
It’s super hard to put this in words.Specially because my mother language is not english but I hope you catch something from this.

B,
Hilli

Webwanderer

Re: Fear during transformation?

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:03 pm

Hilli wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:08 pm
Sound was just sound,no one to experiencing it
If that was indeed the case, how are you reporting it?

Here is how I see it.

It kind of goes back to the well known koan, 'if a tree falls in the woods, and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?' The correct answer is, no it does not. Sound is an interpretation by consciousness/awareness of certain types of energetic vibrations. The tree falling creates those vibrations, but it is consciousness that transforms them into what we know as sound.

It is the same for sight and all other physical senses. They are designed to receive and transform specific narrow ranges of energetic vibrations into various experiential perceptions.
there was a moment I or somebody start to panic a bit because I lost a sense of me.
If there was panic, then it is certain that it was born of thought identification - ego. as ego identifications,we tend to panic when what we believed in as 'me' is suddenly brought into question. "Whoa? Maybe I'm not what I think I am. Maybe I don't exist."

That doesn't mean the aware conscious being that you are doesn't exist. It simply means that self is not the identification construct of mind and belief that was developed over this human life time. Our larger self, or an element of it, is that which constructed the belief in the construct, not the construct itself. In other words, your true self is not an identification, not the ego.

What it appears you experienced was true conscious awareness, free of ego identity. And that is something not soon forgotten.

Welcome to the forum.

WW

Hilli

Re: Fear during transformation?

Post by Hilli » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:30 pm

Thanks WW for quick respond and thanks for putting it so great in words.

Excactly,when I said no one experiencing,I now understand that in that moment I wasn’t identifying anymore to that ”me” to whom I’ve been identifying whole my life.

This experince or knowing has last now whole day.There has been some change or maybe deepening. For example when I look at my kids or my wife or anywhere I feel so deep,new, connectiness to them.In a way it feels that they are me,like everything else around and everything exists moment by moment,when they arise from consciousness when it’s focused on them (not mean visualised only)and and again they dissapeare when it’s not ”focused”.

Again,it feels that I just can’t put this in words,but I tried😊🙏🏻.

Thanks for responding and welcoming to forum.

B,
Hilli