My path

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: My path

Postby Jaakko » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:41 pm

relaxing.. Im trying to relax by just noticing every thing, feelings, thoughts, but not going with them.. Normally i dont even have to try to do this its just natural noticing.
Jaakko

Postby kiki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 pm

relaxing.. Im trying to relax by just noticing every thing, feelings, thoughts, but not going with them.. Normally i dont even have to try to do this its just natural noticing.

Ok, so be mindful about "trying to relax" - do you see the irony of this phrase? It's the "trying" that is part of the "story of me" - there is no me to be found, which is what needs to be seen for yourself. So be easy on yourself by not putting any pressure on yourself to "get it". Without doing anything at all sound is spontaneously heard, touch is spontaneously felt, taste is spontaneously experienced, sights are automatically seen, and odors automatically smelled - isn't this so? On top of this, thoughts are noticed and emotions felt - nothing has to be done for any of this to be experienced because it all happens by itself since consciousness is fully present. That, consciousness, is You/Self, and no effort is necessary for You/Self to be here.

All the little stories about "me" are just wisps of thoughts arising and dissolving that are automatically seen by consciousness/You. It's only the forgetfulness of true nature that causes "trouble", yet that "trouble" is seen by consciousness! So true nature is never absent. That forgetfulness is only a mind activity wherein you believe yourself to be a separate individual, so when you get wrapped up in that belief and start to struggle there is the opportunity to stop and notice what is real and what is imagined. What is real is what is happening and what "sees" that, and what isn't real is what is imagined to be happening (and even that is "seen" by consciousness). Face it, there's no escaping consciousness. Isn't that a comfort?
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Jaakko » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 am

yes : ) thank you.
Jaakko

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences