Reality warping Around Me

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Reality warping Around Me

Postby milo842 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:29 am

Hi, I wanted to know if others experience what I have experienced recently because I am finding it hard to comprehend my reality...
When I am really in the NOW I feel that my whole world is warping, twisting around me. If I look at the sky – it is falling. If I look at the walls they are vibrating. If I look at a solid object - it is moving like it is floating on water. When I am walking I feel that I am walking on something alive – can’t quite explain it. If I touch a tree I have an intense feeling in my hand. When I close my eyes I can see myself but not the physical me just light..
What is happening to me? It is beautiful but I don’t understand it!
milo842

Re: Reality warping Around Me

Postby Donna » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:59 pm

milo842 wrote:Hi, I wanted to know if others experience what I have experienced recently because I am finding it hard to comprehend my reality...
When I am really in the NOW I feel that my whole world is warping, twisting around me. If I look at the sky – it is falling. If I look at the walls they are vibrating. If I look at a solid object - it is moving like it is floating on water. When I am walking I feel that I am walking on something alive – can’t quite explain it. If I touch a tree I have an intense feeling in my hand. When I close my eyes I can see myself but not the physical me just light..
What is happening to me? It is beautiful but I don’t understand it!

I recommend not trying to comprehend or understand it with mind. However, it seems you are comparing the seeing and feeling with what your mind has already experienced 'like it is floating on water' but this could be your brain trying to memorize the feeling so you can recall it and bring it back to 'life'. This is fruitless, because, unbeknownst to the brain, no two experiences are exactly the same or will be remembered as such.

I could go on to 'what' I think it is you are experiencing, but I'd rather not do that (because again, that's what minds like to do...make sure it understands what is going on so it can feel 'safe'). It seems the more words we try to attach to these experiences of what "it" is, we diminish the 'beautiful'.

I have no control over these experiences...I can't just 'make' them happen, can you? Yet somehow I have allowed space within me for this experience. The brain wants more (it does feel drug-like, sort of euphoric, doesn't it?). People have asked me, does it feel orgasmic? It's not climactic, but an ongoing intensity that when I just 'be' in that moment, the vibrations feel stronger more expansive, my physicalness is disappearing while interacting with the other molecules in that space. It's better than orgasm to me, yet I wonder if orgasm is a hint for us of what is possible when we 'let go.' When mind enters, I am trying to hold onto the experience because now I'm grasping at the outcome of this experience. It's cool that something in me says "Ok,you can experience this for a bit longer." But I KNOW it will fade...a mind trick which really sucks! But then I am thankful I experienced anything like that at all.

My most intense moments happen with people, particularly if I am helping them or they are sharing something with me (sporadic occasions..maybe two or three times out of the year). Again, I don't know when it will happen,...it just does. My experiences started when I was a kid around 12 yo. It feels like the most incredible bliss (if I can even put a label on it). Undescribable in many ways.
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Postby milo842 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Donna and thank you for the reply! It is comforting that you have similar experiences!

In answer to some of your questions - I can control some of these experiences but the intensity is not something I can control. If I concentrate on a wall or object soon it becomes vibrating. I think, when I remove busy life from my focus, I am able to see and feel much more. I guess Eckhart Tolle is saying remove the ego. I know when I am not stuck in my petty world around me I feel able to let go and emerse myself in this new surreal world. Generally I am alone when I have these experiences.

You may have already read Tim Freke's book 'How long is Now'. I have just started it and it seems that he has had similar experiences to us and calls it being 'Deep Awake'. I would love to think that I am becoming 'Deep Awake!'
milo842

Postby rideforever » Sun May 06, 2012 11:42 am

Relax, and let go. There is nothing else to do.

Sometimes you might find your imagination becoming active and becoming part of your view of the world, but try to let your imagination slide away as well, so you are rooted in your reality.

You say that your world is "petty" but if you let go deeper you will find that the Light penetrates everything and that your world is filled with it without effort ... don't hold your world away from the Light.

When you feel more identified and back in the world it is fine to give yourself whatever support and help that you need; a warm meal, an early night, some time alone or with friends.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Donna » Mon May 14, 2012 3:26 pm

milo842 wrote:You may have already read Tim Freke's book 'How long is Now'. I have just started it and it seems that he has had similar experiences to us and calls it being 'Deep Awake'. I would love to think that I am becoming 'Deep Awake!'

I have Tim Freke's book Lucid Living and smiled all the way through it. I must say, not really into his website stuff. I've said this before...I take what feels good to me and leave the rest. I don't think anyone can completely 'remove' their ego (his site feels slightly egoic in nature), thus why I feel it's not about removal but transformation.

Regarding 'Deep Awake'....I'd say relish in the uniqueness of what you experience, not try to attach your experience with someone elses. Can you imagine life as each one of us tasting vanilla ice cream? I have a feeling each one of us will experience that quite differently.
Donna

Postby Donna » Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

rideforever wrote:Sometimes you might find your imagination becoming active and becoming part of your view of the world, but try to let your imagination slide away as well, so you are rooted in your reality.

I have to say, rideforever, I disagree with letting imagination go. Some of my best spiritual work is done with my imagination....and yet it may not be imagination after all. There's a lot we don't know about this world, how our minds work, what is reality?

Missing the 200-Pound Gorilla in the Room
Donna

Return to Personal Experiences