On validation and more

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

On validation and more

Postby forgotaboutbre » Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Who's validation could I possibly seek but my own? And should I to be seeking, would I be doing it right? Wouldn't it be much more effortless simply to BE my own validation, rather than to expend energy seeking some sort of imagined recognition that would give my life meaning? I am my own reference point and I operate within my own frame of reference. There is no end to the unique reference points experiencing this reality. Me, you, that other guy and that rock over there sitting on the ground too. The sun, the moon and the earth and the starry night sky. We are all meshed together, in a web so tight it doesn't even look like a web anymore it's so smooth and continuous. The web of connectivity is the reality of our existence. It all vibrates together. When I am my own reference point, and I vibrate creatively according NOT to my societal and cultural conditioning, but instead to the tune of my own free will then and only then am I fulfilling my purpose as a human being. Think Charles Xavier vs Magneto. Magneto believed that the will of humans existed to be ruled like sheep. Charles believed in human free will. He believed that humans should be liberated because he had a good heart and with his good heart he could see the incredible potential in humans if given a proper chance and not seduced into the same old games of isolation and paranoid prejudice. When given our free will, there lies the potential for harmony. It's all very simple math. Free will + fear = chaos . Free will + love = harmony.

I am not perfect. Very very very far from it. My mind frequently becomes preoccupied with this and that detail of my daily life. My shortcomings and failures are frequently at the front of my mind and are heavy distractions. I am a person just like you who is having a human experience. There is joy and there is pain and there is confusion and there is denial and there is perceived failure and peace, frustration and love. And don't forget doubt. It's all there. A panorama of human experience. How do I treat it? What do i do with the pain I am too scared to face? To whatever end, I dare myself to love it. I dare myself to love everything that makes me quiver. I dare myself to love myself and to love everybody. To that end I have not achieved anywhere near perfection. I simply am me doing me. Evolving one day at a time.

This has been a reminder that WE are not alone. We are NOT alone. We are intimately connected from here to across the universe and back. What each of us does matters. We all wield incredible power to make awesomeness happen. It's a choice. Everything is a choice. My mantra of the day? Choose what to experience and love the shit out of it.
forgotaboutbre

Re: On validation and more

Postby Webwanderer » Mon May 21, 2012 6:20 am

forgotaboutbre wrote:I am not perfect. Very very very far from it.

Is that ego talking, or Spirit? Consider how each would see it.

If to be perfect it is necessary to be a finished product, then in an eternity of conscious expansion perfection is not possible. If however, perfection is in the system then...

WW
Webwanderer

Re: On validation and more

Postby Golf » Wed May 23, 2012 6:09 pm

forgotaboutbre,

I dig your post! :D
Very nice, it has this passion of expression, I read it in "one breath" so to speak :)
If you added a rhyme or two, maybe it could even be rapped! :mrgreen:
"If you're so smart, how come you're working at a gas station?"
-"It's a service station. We offer service, there is no higher purpose."
8)
Golf

Return to Personal Experiences