Existence Is Shocking

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Existence Is Shocking

Postby rideforever » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:57 pm

With a shock I wake up - existence exists !

How can it be ?

Again and again - there is wakefulness - how can it be ? How can it be ?

The shock of all shocks. Existence is real.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Re: Existence Is Shocking

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 am

Let there be light... :D

WW
Webwanderer

Postby ashley72 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:41 am

"As the light filters through the clouds, awareness filters through my thoughts. Although I think, I still know I am." - Eckhart Tolle :D

ashley72

Postby Donna » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:51 pm

rideforever wrote:With a shock I wake up - existence exists !

How can it be ?

Again and again - there is wakefulness - how can it be ? How can it be ?

The shock of all shocks. Existence is real.

When I drop the "how can it be?" and stay more with "there is wakefulness" interestingly, the "how can it be?" is revealed.:-)
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Postby rideforever » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:54 pm

This happens all the time to me. It's out of my control now. It is a lot like the hiccups.

I walk down the hallway in my flat and bang - I realise I exist. I read something and bang - I have a flash of I exist.

What is it ? (telemetry)

- it seems to be a disidentification from the bodymind which is shocking because the implication is I don't know who I am or what is going on - not as a concept, but actually and it is a shock
- it has been occurring since I was about 25 (now 40) ... but perhaps earlier in some guises or other
- I almost feel like puking when it happens
- another way of expressing it is that I realise that all of this stuff in front me (my identification) ... is all arbitrary - like a movie set I have lived in ... in fact it has nothing to do with me
- if I reflect on my perception or think of any 'spiritual' teaching, after a few minutes - bang. I can trigger the bang at will really, I just reflect on something deeply and bang. When I am reflecting I am doing this from within an identified state, but then bang.
- the fact that mankind is asleep when awake becomes totally clear when this happens
- how long does it last ? I think I jump back into identification pretty fast ... it is too much. I think I reject it.
- perhaps I keep triggering it as sort of safety blanket - like I want to keep making sure it is there because I feel lonely ... and I keep reaching out to see if my mum is still there.
- it seems likely that it is mixed up with some trauma ... like for instance if you are abandoned when young your mind wakes you up because your life depends on it ... perhaps this is why it has a shocking element

Sometimes I think this is the wrong road, and I need to take a more gentle route, but 'spiritual' stuff is the only interest of my identified personality at the moment. Like a death wish.

Is it possible that this is all just traumatic re-experiencing and nothing 'spiritual'. No, I don't think so ... but the trauma element is probably quite large, and I don't know why it is mixed up although writing this post seems to have revealed a few things.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Elle » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:15 am

I heard Adya say that surprisingly enough "more people are afraid of existing than not existing", I chuckled so hard because I felt that he had just told everyone my biggest secret :)
Elle

Return to Personal Experiences