Does anyone else just get glimpses?

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Does anyone else just get glimpses?

Postby Pezerinno » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:37 pm

I get these sort of glimpses that perhaps last up to a few hours where it is as though I'm seeing everything for the first time and nothing externally can alter my being almost as though there is no external. I see people pass me and it is as though I am them and everything in between. The very notion of having a problem seems ridiculous which normally makes me laugh out loud to myself but then as time passes I get reabsorbed in to the story without being aware of it. Anyone else have similar experience?
Pezerinno

Re: Does anyone else just get glimpses?

Postby ZenDrumming » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Yes, I have similar experiences.

Can you ever recall the thought process you were having before these glimpses? Do you think there is a "trigger", or do they just seem to happen?
ZenDrumming

Postby Pezerinno » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't think they ever just happen right in the middle of something for instance I can't recall it happening at work or in a stressful situation. It might happen when I'm just being still, looking at a piece of art, music, film etc or reading a book on this sort of stuff. I think they're occurring more frequently though.
Pezerinno

Postby ZenDrumming » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Pezerinno wrote:I don't think they ever just happen right in the middle of something for instance I can't recall it happening at work or in a stressful situation. It might happen when I'm just being still, looking at a piece of art, music, film etc or reading a book on this sort of stuff. I think they're occurring more frequently though.

I feel you. What I find to be important is to learn to let go of these experiences as quickly as they happen. The more we hold on, the more we try to re-create a moment in the past instead of allowing a new one to fully manifest. The mind will try to explain it after the fact, which requires that the experience be dissected and manipulated. This loses the essence of it.

I sense them occurring more frequently too. Ride the wave :D
ZenDrumming

Postby Pezerinno » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:41 pm

ZenDrumming wrote:
Pezerinno wrote:I don't think they ever just happen right in the middle of something for instance I can't recall it happening at work or in a stressful situation. It might happen when I'm just being still, looking at a piece of art, music, film etc or reading a book on this sort of stuff. I think they're occurring more frequently though.

I feel you. What I find to be important is to learn to let go of these experiences as quickly as they happen. The more we hold on, the more we try to re-create a moment in the past instead of allowing a new one to fully manifest. The mind will try to explain it after the fact, which requires that the experience be dissected and manipulated. This loses the essence of it.

I sense them occurring more frequently too. Ride the wave :D

Thanks ZenDrumming you make a could point, one which I will try and remember.
Pezerinno

Postby Emm » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:03 am

I am the same. I also get glimpses..they are great. After reading the thread, though, I have learned that I get far too attached to them!! Thanks for the insight. What to do though? I think I need to read the power of now again!
Emm

Return to Personal Experiences