Pain body?

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Pain body?

Postby cardinalflash » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 am

I've read Eckhart Tolle and I understand what he is saying. There is a peace inside us if we just know where to look. The trick is knowing where to look. I find myself having many moments of unconciousness but occasionally what follows is a moment of conciousness. My most recent moment of conciousness was two days ago and it was after quite an intense spell of unconciousness. This morning though there is a feeling inside of me of unease. It is quite distinct and I have felt it before, but my awareness of it is better since I started observing myself a few years ago. The uneasy feeling makes me unmotivated, bored, like I could almost let out a scream of pain but it just won't release. I have been asking myself what it might be. Am I unhappy? Am I tired? What would I do right now if I had total freedom? The answer to the last question would probably be sleep. I think about my family. Is it something from my past, something I was missing as a child? Is it something I'm missing in my life now?

I know the truth though. Answers to all these questions are not the answer to why I feel uneasy. The peace is inside me. I know it is. I can feel it. Yet this uneasy feeling remains, at the front of the queue. Is this the pain body that Eckhart talks about?
cardinalflash

Re: Pain body?

Postby karmarider » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 pm

The basic problem is fear. Fear comes to us early in our lives and causes a feeling of separation. This separation has troublesome effects on the psychological structures which form in us. This is what ET calls the "pain-body."

Inward looking can heal us. Various people call "inward looking" by various names--presence, awareness, looking, being, attention on attention, looking at the sense of I AM, inquiring "Who am I"...and so on. I find John Sherman's "looking at you" the easiest to understand.

The unease you talk about is something different. It is an effect. The effects of the basic fear of life show up variously in people. They show up as depression, anxiety, ambition, cruelty, attachment to particular ways life should be. Even spiritual seeking is an effect of the basic fear.

In you, it shows up in part as unease. I had the same experience.

You can ease this unease with a release technique. Adyashanti's True meditation, the Sedona Method are two examples of what works for many people.
karmarider

Postby cardinalflash » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks for the advice. I will check this out. :)
cardinalflash

Postby imago dei » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 am

karmarider wrote:The basic problem is fear. Fear comes to us early in our lives and causes a feeling of separation. This separation has troublesome effects on the psychological structures which form in us. This is what ET calls the "pain-body."

Inward looking can heal us. Various people call "inward looking" by various names--presence, awareness, looking, being, attention on attention, looking at the sense of I AM, inquiring "Who am I"...and so on. I find John Sherman's "looking at you" the easiest to understand.

The unease you talk about is something different. It is an effect. The effects of the basic fear of life show up variously in people. They show up as depression, anxiety, ambition, cruelty, attachment to particular ways life should be. Even spiritual seeking is an effect of the basic fear.

In you, it shows up in part as unease. I had the same experience.

You can ease this unease with a release technique. Adyashanti's True meditation, the Sedona Method are two examples of what works for many people.

I totally agree, there's nothing more to understand imo, just be present.
But why do you think some psychologists told me "you will always have signs of your trauma" and something bad like that??
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby rideforever » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Well you can just directly look into this uncomfortable feeling you have.

At first it might not seem clear, but the answer will arrive.

Just sit down and relax for a while and sense exactly what you are feeling. Feel it just in the body, do you feel it in your arm ? Where exactly ? Is it just on the surface ? Is it hot or cold ? Is it an angry feeling ?

The important things to do are : stay completely focussed on the area; stay out of thoughts just remain with the physical feeling; remain sharp and clear, no sleepiness.

As you make direct contact with this area, if you are very watchful you may see memories coming up. The discomfort is linked to the memories that originated it; so when you give awareness to the discomfort the memories are triggered.

You might not notice it at first. You might think "oh that's not it". It's important to be able to be watchful of the memories that arise ... but to keep focussed on the area of discomfort in the body.

Keep at it, and it will be revealed to you.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Return to Personal Experiences