Terrible Night

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Terrible Night

Postby rideforever » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 am

Yutso wrote:You say you want to be happy? I believe you.

This reminds of that bit in the film Stripes when Bill Murray is signing up for the army and the guy asks Murray "are either of you two gay ?" ... and Murray says "no ... but we are willing to learn - will they send us to a special school or something ?"

I am willing to give happiness another go.

But ... actually there is an ache in my heart and I don't know why. Perhaps it needs God to fill it. This isn't my choice, this is just accepting how I actually am and have always been - so I am searching.

Yes I have read ET's books. But I think you lot often reduce the teaching to 'thoughtless awareness' and are desperate to get rid of mind and thoughts and become a rock. But that is not what a human beings highest potential is. It is through the mind that much can happen - that the face of God can be reflected most fully. After all, how do you know you are aware without your mind ? But the total vagueness of discussions and group hugging (which is nice of course) ... gets in the way of actual precision and penetration in the Truth. This is how it seems to me.

Anyway, I am wishing everyone a wonderful and warm Thursday, I have got my shades on and am going to get some Sun.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Midnight » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 pm

rideforever wrote:
Midnight wrote:I know humanity is pointless.

You do seem to have a lot of negativity. My experience is that the light is there at the end of the tunnel.

At some point you let go, open your heart fully to whatever comes. From what I have seen - deliverance does arrive.

And then perhaps humanity makes more sense. Each person is after all doing the best with what information they have been given.

And although society can be nasty and full of ugliness, it is not the only place to live. It was only when I walked into the Sivananda Ashram in Neyyar Dam in India and spent time at an Osho commune in Denmark, that I realised life could be different. Also, when I visited my beloved grandmother. Choose a nice place to be.

bruv are you joking look at what you wrote in your first post:-
'I hate people' etc. Yeah I'm negative, difference is i admit this. Your now saying all this after saying basically the same stuff i was lol you joker. :roll:
Midnight

Postby ZenDrumming » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:47 am

No perspectives are stable, Midnight :)

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

-Jung

At the other end of utter hopelessness lies eternal bliss. It is liberating to experience both.
ZenDrumming

Postby DavidB » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:11 am

Yes I have read ET's books. But I think you lot often reduce the teaching to 'thoughtless awareness' and are desperate to get rid of mind and thoughts and become a rock. But that is not what a human beings highest potential is. It is through the mind that much can happen - that the face of God can be reflected most fully. After all, how do you know you are aware without your mind ? But the total vagueness of discussions and group hugging (which is nice of course) ... gets in the way of actual precision and penetration in the Truth. This is how it seems to me.

Anyway, I am wishing everyone a wonderful and warm Thursday, I have got my shades on and am going to get some Sun.

I agree. I find this to be one thing that creates an obstacle to growth. It's like there is this thoughtless giddiness that arises and everyone becomes consumed by euphoric optimism. It's great to be positive and optimistic of course, but not at the expense of awareness. Sometimes things are terrible, sometimes we feel awful, sometimes we don't feel so spiritual, and that's ok, nothing wrong with that, it's all part of being human.

There is nothing wrong with the mind, nothing wrong with ego, no need to deny either of these things. The same as we don't deny we have hands, or feet, or need to eat or excrete. The mind and ego are aspects of our human nature and need to be treated as tools for an effective human experience. The problem arises when we totally identify with these tools or we attempt to totally deny them, same thing.

At the other end of utter hopelessness lies eternal bliss. It is liberating to experience both.

Great quote, love it. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby rideforever » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:57 am

Midnight wrote:bruv are you joking look at what you wrote in your first post:-
'I hate people' etc. Yeah I'm negative, difference is i admit this. Your now saying all this after saying basically the same stuff i was lol you joker. :roll:

It was a bad night, but I don't always feel like that. Sometimes I very much enjoy people.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences