Nothing works (seemingly)

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Nothing works (seemingly)

Postby ManHu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Nothings works
I have tried everything (seemingly)
And now I am so angry at the world
Most of all, myself
I am so annoyed
I have tried to be so much
I try techniques every day
I try to be normal
I try to let it go
I try not trying
And just go with the flow
Nothing works
I am constantly looping on spiritual information
Unless I am getting ahead of myself
And trying to make the most of what is in front of me
Meditation does not work
Simply breathing, no
A schedule no
At work, monotonous tasks, trying to appreciate no
Long walks
Exercise
Not overloading myself with stimuli
I can only say what doesn't work
Because obviously I do not have the answer
I know deep down that I do not know a thing
Once I found being so natural
But that is the past now
It doesn't exist anymore, other than as a nice story in my head
I am so annoyed
Sorry for my rant
It's just, I am lost
I am so fed up with the spiritual quest
To be honest
I found myself, not through spirituality, per se. I don't even remember how I did it. It may work for some, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I hope this doesn't sound
arrogant, but it's only because I am looping on spiritual messages, almost all day., I know this crazy. And I want to let it go. So badly.
And then I try to just live with the words going by...but somehow, I manage to turn this into some sort of spiritual challenge... even
when I say to myself there is no answer to life, this becomes my way for operating in life.

I feel so lost.

I once read somewhere on this forum. That being is just like putting on a pair of shoes... It's comfortable. I know
being myself is not forced...but I have made it into a huge mental game. The more I try to get/or to not get out of it...well, the mind-web becomes more elaborate.

I have no answers.

Of course, I welcome any input...

I am just sad and frustrated at the moment...
ManHu

Re: Nothing works (seemingly)

Postby Marcel Franke » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 pm

It is very, very recognizable.
Almost a mirror, your post is.
Vaguely the recognizion of "the burden of me" is also shining thru, lately.
Because, it -has- to work, for me.
Sometimes, seeing that clearly, is a relieve.
At such moments, no next step is needed.
Because next steps are always for me.
---ooOoo---
Marcel Franke

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Manhu, I would suggest that you stop looking for results and just enjoy whatever the moment has to offer for as long as it lasts. Every moment of happiness and peaceful appreciation is a step forward. Make peace with the present moment no matter what conditions are. There's no need to constantly remind yourself that your experience of life is not what you want. It's just a focus on resistance and bringing you more pain. Life is what it is and is mostly a result of your own input. Once you have clarity on that you can change your experience no matter what conditions may unfold.

Consider this deeply: when your desire to experience happiness and joy is stronger than your concerns of pain and anger and frustration, you will begin moving towards a happier experience of life. You will then do what it takes to be happy. It's as simple as this: control the focus of your attention. That is the practice that changes your life experience.

Make peace with your pain and your concerns - let them be. Their import is only as much as you give them. Focus your attention instead on the things in life that bring you good feelings. Spend frequent moments in clear conscious awareness resting in the appreciation of just being alive, or anything else that brings you upliftment. Be ever conscious of what beauty is available in any given moment. It is always there underlying appearances. Even when painful moments arise, give thanks for the recognition that happier moments are only a refocus away and will inevitably return when peace is made with what is and a return to a focus that you choose.

It may be slow going at first, but so what, you are an eternal being that is directly involved with the evolution and expansion of consciousness, and this is the very fodder that propels it forward. Rejoice in that knowledge.

You can refocus your experience. Make peace with what is and focus your attention on the feelings that you prefer. Appreciation in presence will bring alignment with Source, your true nature. Make it high in your desire and priority.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rachMiel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:36 pm

ManHu wrote:Nothings works

Yes! :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby karmarider » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm

ManHu wrote:...I am so fed up with the spiritual quest...

This is a wonderful place to be.

It can feel empty and uncomfortable because it seems that everyone else on the spiritual quest is moving towards something--they move towards their beliefs and lingo and pretty sayings. You are removing the biggest obstacle--the spiritual search.

Let go of your judgment that this not where you should be. I was delighted when I felt this about a year and half ago--it was a huge relief. I no longer had to practice anything or believe anything or defend anything.

John Sherman's teaching may make sense to you at this point. A release technique might also help.
karmarider

Postby rachMiel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:04 pm

karmarider wrote:
ManHu wrote:...I am so fed up with the spiritual quest...

This is a wonderful place to be.

What he said. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby rideforever » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey man I feel for you - I have been in places in like this.

These days what I do is sit down and try to be in contact with whatever is disturbing me, every day.

I came back from work today really angry, so I sat on the floor with my back to my bed put my meditation shawl round me, and just relaxed really. After a while things calmed down and I let the breathing flow.

I once did a 10 vipassana retreat (not Goenka) which was sort of relaxed and gentle, in a comfortable place (IMC-UK). After that I feel like can always find at least some peace.

If you sit down and feel frustrated that you cant find peace ... then just be with the frustration.

If nothing works breathe deeply 10 times.

If even that doesn't work, forget it and order a pizza !
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby ManHu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 am

Webwanderer wrote:Manhu, I would suggest that you stop looking for results and just enjoy whatever the moment has to offer for as long as it lasts. Every moment of happiness and peaceful appreciation is a step forward. Make peace with the present moment no matter what conditions are. There's no need to constantly remind yourself that your experience of life is not what you want. It's just a focus on resistance and bringing you more pain. Life is what it is and is mostly a result of your own input. Once you have clarity on that you can change your experience no matter what conditions may unfold.

Consider this deeply: when your desire to experience happiness and joy is stronger than your concerns of pain and anger and frustration, you will begin moving towards a happier experience of life. You will then do what it takes to be happy. It's as simple as this: control the focus of your attention. That is the practice that changes your life experience.

Make peace with your pain and your concerns - let them be. Their import is only as much as you give them. Focus your attention instead on the things in life that bring you good feelings. Spend frequent moments in clear conscious awareness resting in the appreciation of just being alive, or anything else that brings you upliftment. Be ever conscious of what beauty is available in any given moment. It is always there underlying appearances. Even when painful moments arise, give thanks for the recognition that happier moments are only a refocus away and will inevitably return when peace is made with what is and a return to a focus that you choose.

It may be slow going at first, but so what, you are an eternal being that is directly involved with the evolution and expansion of consciousness, and this is the very fodder that propels it forward. Rejoice in that knowledge.

You can refocus your experience. Make peace with what is and focus your attention on the feelings that you prefer. Appreciation in presence will bring alignment with Source, your true nature. Make it high in your desire and priority.

WW

Thanks Webwanderer for your comments. Today was better for me. I don't know why exactly. But I just feel that I need to leave the nest now, the spiritual nest, that I have constructed for myself (it may be a painbody)... And this may take time, before I can fly with ease.

Because I often constantly remind myself to accept, be peaceful, work with the moment, etc.... In short, it's more of a general thing... acceptance in a general, non-specific way...like an intention from somewhere unknown...

To be honest, I don't really trust what I am saying...because well, I have a tendency (a strong one) to even latch onto these words that I am typing as the answer...but at the same time they aren't wrong...haha, I'm confusing myself....
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 am

karmarider & rachMiel: It's the most frightening thing giving up this spiritual quest...but it seems to be one of my biggest obstacles... I think it also may be a large painbody in me... I turned spirituality into a religion for myself...and I really annoyed with myself for constantly reinforcing this...It's like a seemingly safe haven for me when the going gets tough/or it isn't tough, at all... well, I guess that doesn't matter... It's time for me to swim with my own body...

Rideforever: I still don't have the answer... I often get annoyed with myself and others (I really don't like getting annoyed at others...)...
The pleasures in life are still wonderful. And for me, that also includes pizza ;)
ManHu

Postby rideforever » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm

ManHu wrote:Rideforever: I still don't have the answer... I often get annoyed with myself and others (I really don't like getting annoyed at others...)...

Why ? Sometimes other people are a*holes.

Are you sure nothing works ?
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby karmarider » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 pm

ManHu wrote:karmarider & rachMiel: It's the most frightening thing giving up this spiritual quest...but it seems to be one of my biggest obstacles... I think it also may be a large painbody in me... I turned spirituality into a religion for myself...and I really annoyed with myself for constantly reinforcing this...It's like a seemingly safe haven for me when the going gets tough/or it isn't tough, at all... well, I guess that doesn't matter... It's time for me to swim with my own body...

You're already aware of what's going on. You're a little uncomfortable with it--which is quite understandable.

Yes, the thought of giving up the spiritual quest can be frightening. For me, it was a huge relief--I no longer knew anything or defended anything or practiced anything. It was the decision to be radically self-reliant. The interest spirituality and spiritual terminology and concepts and beliefs dwindled quickly.

I began to see the basic fear of life in me. I saw that the only difference between Eckhart Tolle and me is that ET had somehow eliminated the fear of life in him, and I have not. And few months later, I ran into John Sherman, who clarified for me a simple technique which eliminates the fear.
karmarider

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 pm

It seems that each must find what brings clarity, peace and understanding for themselves. Giving up on a quest that comes naturally, a quest that stimulates one's interest and brings enrichment and expansion to one's experience, is certainly one way to live life. There are however, many other worthy alternatives.

Fear no doubt is a challenge to be met, but eliminating some fears while holding on to a fear of exploration may be helpful to one, but not so much for another. Look for yourself. One can make peace with all of one's fears and with the resistance those fears bring into experience and still grow in the understanding of life and being. There is so much beauty in understanding to be explored, and that exploration is infinitely valuable in the evolution of consciousness. No doubt all choices, and the experiences they lead to, have evolutionary value. Consider, we have a lifetime to explore this human experience, or we can sit on our hands and avoid our natural instincts to know more.

Life will ever be filled with choices to make, and make them we will either consciously or unconsciously. Even not making a choice is a choice. You decide when to rest, and when to explore. Both have value. Just be conscious in whatever you do, what ever you experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

A bit more on 'The Search'.

There is one type of search, one from where most everyone starts, that is born, to an extent, from dissatisfaction, condemnation, and resistance to the conditions and experience of one's life. This is often a search in the context of 'there must be something better than this life'. It's a running from what is as much as it is a movement towards a more spiritual understanding of life.

In this search there may come a time when 'the search is over'. One recognizes something of their true nature and the nature of being in this human experience that gives them a sense of freedom from their previously conditioned perspective on life. The old contexts, where emotional pain didn't make sense, give way to a clearer more encompassing perspective on life. From this recognition the old search is over, but life goes on. Replacing the search for freedom from pain, is the opportunity to explore life consciously and without the drive to break free of some confused mindset as before.

There is no need to fear or avoid an exploration that is not specifically trying to overcome conditioning. It has much more to do with inherent curiosity than judgmental resistance. It has less to do with hope and more to do with appreciation. Life is truly a great adventure. The first search is the first step. It is incredibly important. But once a measure of freedom is regained, a much greater life experience becomes available. To truly understand it one need only explore.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Here's a fun little video that points in the direction of recognition, releasing, reset, expansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6zAg_ghRY&feature=plcp

Enjoy,

WW
Webwanderer

Postby ManHu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:37 am

rideforever wrote:
ManHu wrote:Rideforever: I still don't have the answer... I often get annoyed with myself and others (I really don't like getting annoyed at others...)...

Why ? Sometimes other people are a*holes.

Are you sure nothing works ?

I'm not sure... But it seems like anger comes and goes...
I am just afraid of letting go of spiritual teachings... But I think it's time to...
ManHu

Next

Return to Personal Experiences