Nothing works (seemingly)

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Nothing works (seemingly)

Postby ashley72 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 am

Manhu,

Can you see directly that your true nature is what attends to the story of a spiritual seeker? Can you also see that the strong emotional feelings that arise along with that story keeps you strongly identified or attached to the story more.

Whenever you attach to the story strongly, attend to the feelings that arise along with the story and stay with those feelings. See if you can notice a change in that story by merely abiding with those feelings.

Be inwardly attentive to arising feelings at all times. Just listen to the feelings without labelling them, just observe, observe, observe all the time. Make this something you do all day long until it becomes part of how you live your life from moment to moment.

My biggest transformation has come from attending to my inner body periodically. You soon realise that thinking is just part of the whole. There is also a spacious presence that exists around any arising thought patterns.
ashley72

Postby ManHu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:29 am

Thanks everyone :)

Some of the concepts that I have in my mind are still like you say, a screw in the piece of wood....I like that analogy....

It seems that I need to allow all of my emotions and thoughts to run be, no matter how small or big, how harsh or light... since awareness is kind of around all of these thoughts and emotions (if that makes any sense)
Otherwise I set myself up for failure, because I turning being myself into some sort of goal or something that I need to do....when I just really want to be myself ALONG with emotions and thoughts, rather than trying to enter/not enter some sort of state.

This is probably what you are all pointing me to :lol:
(I may be wrong though)
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:26 am

I think it's time for me to experience...just experience....

These days I often still feel to guilty for mentally trying/not trying to be spiritual, but even these thoughts and emotions I would like to experience (even if they do cause me to be upset, my body to tighten, etc)...

Thanks again everyone for you input. It has all been helpful :)
ManHu

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:25 pm

ManHu wrote:These days I often still feel to guilty for mentally trying/not trying to be spiritual, but even these thoughts and emotions I would like to experience (even if they do cause me to be upset, my body to tighten, etc)...

Consider that you don't have to try and be spiritual. You can't be anything else simply because you are spirit. No effort one way or the other makes any difference to that fundamental reality.

We have conditioned our perspective to perceive life as physical beings but it's that identification with thought that is the illusion. The illusion has value however, or it wouldn't be. Either way, it's no big deal in the long run. Consciousness is forever and eventually you'll get back around to that recognition. Just spend frequent moments relaxing in clear awareness without concern for what appears to be. These priceless moments allows consciousness to realign with its/your true nature. The more you do so, the more comfortable with life as a whole you will become, and the more you will enjoy the life you experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby ManHu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:19 am

Everything is ok
The questions
The demands, the uncertainties
I never really have the answer
And I slip out of awareness often still in the day
Even reading spiritual techniques/teachings are ok
Before I thought that I just need to let go of those
But really I was only using more thought
Self-inquiry seems to be essential (unless you don't need to)

As you said Webwanderer, consciousness always exists... it seems it just like a practice of coming back to it, which can be accessed in different ways

For me, there are still many challenges, situations, etc. in life that it is hard for me to be aware. I guess this is part of the practice.
And these will probably continue on... :)
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:21 am

Just to clarify, even using more thought is ok
Now, I don't want to get rid of thoughts
ManHu

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences