Nothing works (seemingly)

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Nothing works (seemingly)

Postby ManHu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:43 am

karmarider: Yep, this is uncomfortable for me, letting go of having to rely on spiritual teachings in some way.

Yeah, it's probably letting go of different fears that I have/encounter...and trusting in myself that I can let go of them without a specific technique/words.
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:53 am

Webwanderer, thanks for your input. I like how you say that it is to do with 'inherent curiosity rather than judgemental resistance'... And as you say, sitting, eating, etc. are choices...
And thanks for the nice video :)

To everyone:

This will probably be the last post I do for a while
But thank you, everyone, for your words and help
I say this
Because this experience of life in an open way
Is always here
Now it's time for me to let go of words and teachings
And continue to experience and experiment
I will probably fall many times
And I can't be sure if this will work
Really, though
Deep down, I'm never really sure...

See you :)
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Damn! I keep on falling
I keep on trying to be peaceful, compassionate
All the negative thoughts and emotions still play out in the day
Back to being super annoyed at myself for trying to be spiritual
I know that no more information or specific techniques help
I feel like if I trust myself I will be too confident, too arrogant.. and then there
Will be a big downfall

I failed : (
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm

I just did John Sherman's 'just one look' technique and I now
feel peace in body

Now I am still afraid that I won't be able to implement this in daily life
That I will get too angry, too confident, too arrogant...

Because I really don't want to try to be peaceful 24/7
It's too much work!
ManHu

Postby karmarider » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm

ManHu wrote:I just did John Sherman's 'just one look' technique and I now
feel peace in body

I'm glad you're exploring it. The "look at the sense of you" technique is not a one-time thing. when you do it once, the urge to do it again will come up, and at some point the urge will go away.

It can feel slightly pleasant when you're doing it, but that's not the intention of it. I don't quite know the mechanism of it--I have a theory about it, but I haven't developed it fully and it's not important.

Because I really don't want to try to be peaceful 24/7
It's too much work!

That's not necessary. Use your intuition. There are ways to bring up psychological comfort if that's what you want. I have a release technique which works well for many; others here can suggest things which have worked for them.

The non-peace feeling is a mental conflict, a resistance. But believing that isn't very helpful. A technique can help us see that.
karmarider

Postby Zazen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 pm

ManHu wrote:
rideforever wrote:
ManHu wrote:Rideforever: I still don't have the answer... I often get annoyed with myself and others (I really don't like getting annoyed at others...)...

Why ? Sometimes other people are a*holes.

Are you sure nothing works ?

I'm not sure... But it seems like anger comes and goes...
I am just afraid of letting go of spiritual teachings... But I think it's time to...

Forget about letting go also. This is another concept in your mind...you'll walk down the street saying "i've let go now...(and after 5 min) perhaps i can't let go...what's the next thing that works ? i need to meet a real teacher...i'll go ask the forums" etc etc

You still reference thought for reality. You still let thought tell you where you are in your "quest", who you are and how annoyed you are.
How about you stop believing in your own crap ? Because you seem to take yourself so damn serious.

And if you ask "how"...Well, at least this question must be real. After all, it is a rational question, isn't it ? You have the right to ask : "How can I stop taking thought so serious ?"
No you don't ! :lol: If you do, you still take the questioner serious !
Zazen

Postby ManHu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:26 am

I admit that I still hold onto mental concepts for comfort...and that I come back for answers, when it really is found within...
I admit that i have taken it very seriously at times... though being yourself isn't a serious business at all...

I think the the other day, a painbody activated my painbody, and I reacted...I got so upset because it was someone close to me... and then I try and be less serious in
just being myself, but this ultimately fails...no mental answer is ever what one feels inside....
Probably what seems to be good for me at the moment is just to recognise the painbody in myself...others come up, but I cannot fix them anymore than I can fix the painbody in myself...
And if I told them that their painbody is acting out...another reaction will likely occur, probably stronger...
ManHu

Postby Zazen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 pm

ManHu wrote:I admit that I still hold onto mental concepts for comfort...and that I come back for answers, when it really is found within...
I admit that i have taken it very seriously at times... though being yourself isn't a serious business at all...

I think the the other day, a painbody activated my painbody, and I reacted...I got so upset because it was someone close to me... and then I try and be less serious in
just being myself, but this ultimately fails...no mental answer is ever what one feels inside....
Probably what seems to be good for me at the moment is just to recognise the painbody in myself...others come up, but I cannot fix them anymore than I can fix the painbody in myself...
And if I told them that their painbody is acting out...another reaction will likely occur, probably stronger...

You are still full of concepts, you are still telling me a story of progress/regress...
You tried to be yourself, you felt bad, you failed...see none of this is true. There is just a feeling in the present moment, the rest is 100% your making. Stop thinking ! Just stop thinking and all your quest will drop !
Next time you make up stories about how you failed remember it is JUST a thought, and you may as well not think it ! No matter how many layers of "you" you think you have, who analise, tell you how it is, where you are...all are made up. All are to be dropped.
Zazen

Postby ManHu » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks Zazen,

Yep, to let these thoughts are to be let go (even about letting go)

See you :)
ManHu

Postby Blenderhead » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Manhu, you are like me. But we will make it. Time to drop those silly thoughts :)
Blenderhead

Postby ManHu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 am

Yep, dropping these thoughts seems to be instantaneous...
My mind is still filled with many 'what if's'...

karmarider: I think I'll practice a release technique more often. Also, I am planning on purchasing the book "I am that" (talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj).
I no longer want to be peaceful or a spiritual person.... instead just to be myself...

One more thing: Isn't awareness something that you relax into? Or is this a concept I also need to let go of?
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 am

For me, this link seems to be helpful: http://www.beyond-karma.com/how-to/how- ... s-release/
ManHu

Postby ManHu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 am

If one can let go of a thought and emotion, could this same 'letting go' technique be used for all other obtrusive thoughts/emotions? (I mean this in a long-term non-harsh practice kind-of-way)
ManHu

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:20 am

One more thing: Isn't awareness something that you relax into? Or is this a concept I also need to let go of?

Tighten a screw into a piece of wood to the inth degree, so that it cannot move, it is buried deep into solid matter. That is like you 'focussed' tightly on notions, ideas, thoughts, feelings, should-should nots screwed down to the inth degree.

Unscrew the screw - release it, take it out of that tight environment embedded in the wood. Place it in the middle of a room, or a field .... now, step away from it. Go further away, step right back.

It's just a screw in the middle of a room/field.

Look around the room/field, not judging, just noticing.

Now, take your focus as if you were on another planet. Zoom right out - or if you cannot do that in imagination go onto to Google Earth and hone in on the place that holds the screw - you know it's there, but can you find it?

In the space you have created between you and the screw.. your notions, ideas, thoughts, feelings, should-should nots ... is there any tension? Any tightness of one thing against another like the screw embedded into the wood?

Relaxing is just the releasing of tension.
Awareness is just widening your perspective that allows room for all things just to 'be', without screwing them into something as if it need hold itself there solidly.

So if you think you need to screw yourself into 'relaxing into' you will do it like screwing the screw into the wood, then you might look around and notice 'I'm 'stuck' here. Hey folks, I can't move!!'. :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:02 am

Awareness is, whether you relax into it, or you remain focused tight as a... a... 'screw in a piece of wood'. What happens as you relax into the awareness that you are, is that perspective can shift from the tightly focused, to a more expansive presence, and that expanded perspective brings more clarity to the context of your life. The more you perceive from that more expansive perspective, the clearer the context of life becomes. Now it certainly helps to continue to explore life and consider pointers toward greater understanding, but it is through resting in clear awareness that true insight is born.

WW
Webwanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences