Sleeping problem!!

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Sleeping problem!!

Postby Jaakko » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

In last 6 days i have had problems to fall a sleep and i slept many hours less than i usually do. Last night I did not fall a sleep at all. When i go to bed I feel my body very intensively and those few times when Im almost falling asleep I kind of get scared and wake up immediately. I had to take day off from work today because of this. Now in the morning i had couple hours of sleep, but thats it and i still feel very tired.

I feel like i am steadily making progress on this journey even though last weeks have been mostly painful with fear of losing my mind. I feel like wanting some perspective from others. im running out of courage with these fears.
Jaakko

Re: Sleeping problem!!

Postby far_eastofwest » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Well, its not much information, but it sounds like a short term problem (so far).
Just about everyone I know has had some period in their life they've had 'trouble sleeping'. It usually passes if you don't give it too much importance. Worrying about it tends to make it worse, worrying about not being able to sleep can keep you awake.

Maybe do something you feel worthwhile and get a sense of accomplishment from helps. it helps in all aspects of life I find, and if you can't think of anything for yourself, do something for someone else.
It doesn't have to be a 'greater purpose' or 'meaningful', it can be just cleaning the windows or the fridge or painting a masterpiece..... the old fashioned way to 'take your mind off things'.
:D
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Postby abc123 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Jaakko,
Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX14JL_ZmFs at HD (720) quality and head/earphones/buds.
Just relax and let your mind go... :-)

The link below the video has a few Mp3's for download, this is a track like the youtube one but with ocean sounds http://free-binaural-beats.com/?wpdmact ... 5ob3RsaW5r
This maybe easier with a mp3 player in bed than a youtube video ;-)
Listen, smile, interact and grow. We are learning in a toddlers playground.
abc123

Postby Jaakko » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Thank you. I appreciate your answers. And I know people here are not doctors, but sometimes I just panic try to get help from anywhere. I sleep better now, but I have to be very present with these feelings of terror and thoughts like im losing my mind.. I have thought in my head saying: If i see any signs of going crazy I will kill my self. That has allways been the worst fear for me

that thought of dying feels better than being insane, but when im present without labelling this moment with my conditioned mind it is totally fine. So even if I go crazy it happens in this moment and without labelling with thoughts from past it is as it is.. And what do I mean by dying? When I die I lose every connection to this world.. attachments, fears, emotions etc. similarly when im truly present and my mind is quiet here is no problems.

Sometimes its just hard to find a reason to live in this present moment. maybe a simple do I want to suffer from my fears of future and demons from past? or just relax and live in this moment. And what am I in this moment? according to my memorys of satoris i could say that Im awereness. well its useless, I need to find it out in my present experience..
Jaakko

Postby abc123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Listen, smile, interact and grow. We are learning in a toddlers playground.
abc123

Return to Personal Experiences