Becoming Yourself

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Becoming Yourself

Postby rideforever » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 pm

I am entering a new phase of meditation now. The difference is that at the beginning of a sitting I am more consciously opening to change, to being vulnerable, to allowing what may come.

This feels very difficult ... it's like I am not sure I want to change because whatever I am - which is not much - I would prefer to hold onto rather than risk changing ... I can't know what will happen if I allow myself to change.

I realise that it is like I am afraid of what I truly may be. And I am afraid. Who knows what will happen.

And yet to stay like I am doesn't seem possible any more.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Re: Becoming Yourself

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Trust that your Greater Being knows what's best and will not give you more change than you are comfortable with. You can even begin your meditations with this as your desire. What happens is that you grow in clarity, and that newly realized clarity is simply more of your true nature perceiving through your human experience. It's not a fearful experience, but rather it's an expansive one that does not judge you in the least should you choose to continue engaging in life as you are accustomed to. Enjoy life. That includes your explorations and the expansion of knowing.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:27 am

I am more consciously opening to change, to being vulnerable, to allowing what may come.

Ah.. :D free falling in the consciousness of life!!

I can't know what will happen if I allow myself to change.

I realise that it is like I am afraid of what I truly may be.

And I am afraid.

Who knows what will happen.

There is no fear like the fear of fear itself and yet rideforever, you've made peace with it at this point. Well done you!
There will be no other fright or fear or false emotion that will ever hold you with the same tightness of grip.

I am afraid of what I truly may be.

You may be cowered in awe from it, it may well be overwhelming at times, but it's a very different energy to fear.
I wish you love and light and courage and harmony in your new meditations.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:07 am

Just noticed... one year since you joined the forum.

Happy anniversary.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Personal Experiences