my experience

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: my experience

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 am

It's all good. From the sublime to the ridiculous. :lol: I love Debussy too, Sighclone! Love to play his Arabesques on the piano. Claire De Lune is heavenly to listen to. Do you like Erik Satie? I love his Trois Gymnopédies for piano. But I also love the more turbulent, moody, dark compositions of Beethoven. Love to play Moonlight Sonata, and I also love Bach Inventions, and jazz! I like so many different kinds of music, as various styles connect so deeply to different facets of the heart and soul. How apt that you would use music to describe your experience of that which is "sublime!"
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby Onceler » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 am

Sighclone wrote:onceler -

Totally agree with the wide varations in experience in spiritual progress. I have always loved Debussey and Ravel. That subtle, gentle quality in their music is, to me, sublime. Just me...just my thing (and others, of course.) But maybe not you, at all...and our experience of our growth may be different for each of us, absoutely.

Andy

Right!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby karmarider » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Sighclone wrote:k-r

We have always enjoyed your presence here, and were very aware of your brief departure and some of the angst you were feeling. I agree completely about the process. There are "experiences" which inevitably both fade and leave a trace...sometimes a large trace.

Andy

Thanks, Andy. The angst can come and go I think. This is after all a process of subtraction, as Onceler points out. It can be sometimes painful and sometimes very empty. Everything is temporary.
karmarider

Postby Sighclone » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:02 am

Love Satie, certainly Les Trois Gymonpedies and Les Trois Gnossienne. Could play Clair de Lune at one time...can still stumble through the first three pages. Don't think I could play Arabesque #2, though.
My mother had a very early version of the sheet music for Suite Bergamesque, published in about 1910...she could also play much of it.

Somehow, I can hear the 20th century in Satie, but not Debussy or Ravel.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but what do you think of Brahm's First Symphony?

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby treasuretheday » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for your reply, Sighclone. Ah, so you like Satie! The first Gymnopedie is my favorite. So sad & beautiful. It's been used for coffee commercials and the like...ugh. (Pachelbel's tranquil Canon in D experienced a similar fate!) I'm impressed...you played Clair de Lune? I've only listened to recordings. It's an amazingly beautiful work. I used to play Arabesque #1. That was my signature piece in a major competition. It reminds me of a waterfall. I worked very hard on it, I remember that!

I don't have a piano now. I donated mine to a homeless shelter/soup kitchen before I left PA. It's just as well. I acquired painful tendonitis in my left forearm 3 years ago. I'm sure my left hand is quite weak now in spite of all those Bach Inventions I used to play!

The Brahms is gorgeous! It's very Beethoven-esque! I particularly like the first movement. Very moody. Nice. I dusted off my Haydn concertos CD yesterday. It was bright and sunny & 78 degrees here-a good day for cheerful music! Plus, it drowned out the whooshing sound of the guy pressure washing my house, (which scared my cat!). Why something that usually takes 2 hours needed to take 4.5 is beyond me. Wynton Marsalis to the rescue with his trumpet! Yo Yo Ma on cello. Phone was ringing a lot yesterday, so I had to turn it down occasionally!

This was fun. You got my morning off to a good start. Happy listening, (and for you, playing) Sighclone! :)

(My apologies for the hijack!)
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby Sighclone » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

We have a single radio station that plays classical music, sort of randomly. Brahm's First shows up from time to time, and it inevitably makes my day. Great to have you on the forum, ttd.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby imago dei » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:24 pm

karmarider wrote:
imago dei wrote:
karmarider wrote:I'll always be grateful to Tolle because he got me started. After reading the PON six, seven years ago, I felt a heightened sense of awareness and positivity for a about year, like you. It collapsed, hehe. I moved on from Tolle. At this point I don't take any teacher too seriously, but I tend generally to listen to those whose awakening has not been accidental, and those who see that the basic problem is a delusion of fear. Jed Mckenna, Nisargadatta, John Sherman, and the like. And of course, life itself.

So, you mean you've "lost" that serenity you found with the awakening?? Are you still aware or not? How is your life now?? I don't think such experience like that can be forgotten in any sense, and then turn back in a black hole of uncounsciouness...

My life is fine. In the context of this conversation, I was just trying to say that in my experience, awakening is a process. It's a process in which I have been increasingly more conscious and less fearful. For quite some time, the process was traumatic and confusing and back-and-forth. But in the last two years, it has been a very enjoyable and creative process. If I had to point to one thing which has been critical in the process, I would say it was the understanding of fear.

it's a process in which you have the feeling of going down many times, and you really go down, but not for so long....light is always there inside of you and can never be lost....my process became 4 years ago, and still my ego tries to keep the power in his hands, but we are safe, never forget it...
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby theslymoose » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:09 pm

So, you mean you've "lost" that serenity you found with the awakening?? Are you still aware or not? How is your life now?? I don't think such experience like that can be forgotten in any sense, and then turn back in a black hole of uncounsciouness...[/quote]

The same thing happened to me about 7 years ago(except on my own and no knowledge of tolle). I had an intense awakening and transmutation of the pain body. For a month I was in heaven and for several months after I felt much peace. Then out of nowhere it all came back to me and I've been searching for it ever since. I certaintly haven't forgotten about it and It only feels like a black hole of unconciousness sometimes. I still have moments of connection with being but it is as if the ego hijacked all the energy I got from that experience and uses it as the end to the means of the now.
theslymoose

Postby Fethor » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Today I had a really strange experiance.
When I brought my daughter to school today, was crying from hapiness.
But in that moment there was nothing special!
I just left her in the class and was walking out of the school, just as usual.
There was nothing (more) beautiful then on every other day, not a special, nothing of that at all.
So is this some craziness of me? Have some of you experiance a same thing?
Fethor

Postby Sighclone » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:43 am

A wide variety of experiences is available. I had a very special sensation the other day also...just for a second or two. It was a feeling of infinite possibility, one which I had not felt for at least 50 years. Although it was a former experience, it had been a very long time. While it had "personal" overtones to it, there was a sense of shared infinite value. And different than a big "awakening" moment in 2008.

As we grow in consciousness, these things happen. They are reported by those who have no formal study of spirituality, too. Poets speak of them occasionally. Grace appears randomly.

Andy
Sighclone

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences