Regards from hell

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Regards from hell

Postby karmarider » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 am

Webwanderer wrote:
karmarider wrote:To the extent that it is about finding about the truth of being human, yes, I can say that it has failed humanity. Spirituality has not improved the human condition.

Perhaps it is your vision that is too narrowly focused. Without a clear understanding of the spiritual nature of life, how can you gauge the success or failure of this physical human environment? What is your measure of success to have judged it a failure? And whatever that measure might be, is it not a product of your focus?

As you pointed there is no such thing as spiritual nature. There is only nature.

There is a perspective which says that nothing is wrong, and it is completely true. There is perspective which is simultaneously true which says a great deal of human suffering is just a misunderstanding. That's how I gauge success. Spirituality so far has not done better than in anything else in freeing people.

From my own experience I have found a spiritual context enormously freeing.

Then you might find the freedom from spritual context an enormous relief.

And if I cut my heart out I might I might find relief from all that annoying beating going on in my chest.

I don't recommend that as it would be a very spiritual thing to do.

It seems I've only just scratched the surface to the gifts such a perspective has to offer. And besides, I'm having way too much fun.

WW

That's cool. That's what it is about.
karmarider

Postby far_eastofwest » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:50 am

Your post Matt, it really is one of hope.... hellish situation, that i've found is often one where there is only one way, and that is up. Loads of opportunity for improvement and a better life when your life isn't so hot, as compared to feeling shitty when your life seems to be going all fine and dandy, that really sucks and is a far greater hump to get over.

Bankruptcy, not something I suffer from being on very limited income so have no problems of ever, ever experiencing it :D , and limited income has some fine things about it if you slow down and see it as a challenge. For example: Home baked bread is cheap and is so fantastic (you can catch the spores from the air to raise it and make sour dough) and can be family activity that cost nearly zilch. Fixing your own computer has such rewards and sense of accomplishment when its done (even if its a fail, replacing it isn't so expensive, even a cheap 2nd hand computer will then be wonderful compared to the shattered remains of a failed fix).

The marriage, well 'hard' times can break it or make it. An afternoon shopping at thrift shops and coming home with a designer label handbag for six bucks can be nice and bonding and quite fun to do.

I don't know about spirituality being here and now and 'it will be fine'. I've never believed in that, sometimes its fine and sometimes its not so fine, here and now and acceptance of a situation is wonderful and particularly useful for situations you have no control over (ie, the weather, outcome of a job interview),
it doesn't mean not sitting down and making forward planning so tomorrow may be a bit more easy to accept when it comes. I can't say i would recommend meditating to fix external problems like how to pay the power bill, its more for inner health for those that do it. Thats my veiw anyway, try best to work on what things you have control over, ie, how much money you will spend on take out for the week or shoes, and accept the things you can't control, like the outcome of a job interview.

Try and keep your chin up and face your financial and family challenges in an assertive way and see what you can do to reduce problems (ie, reduce spending and find ways to get income happening if possible, and for family, get together and make it a family event to work out former). Then if you like to mediate, go for it at the end of the day and practice acceptance after that if you fancy. To be facing marriage breakdown and bankruptcy means you have at some point achieved a marriage and enough money to become bankrupt, use the skills you have that have gained you these things to improve the situation. At my little kids school they have a sign: You Can Do It!!!

cheers
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Postby karmarider » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:02 am

Nicely said, fareastofwest.
karmarider

Postby matt74ike » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:40 pm

far_eastofwest wrote:Your post Matt, it really is one of hope.... hellish situation, that i've found is often one where there is only one way, and that is up.

Thank you far_eastofwest for your supporting words. I hope it is bottom, and that the only way is up...
Matt
We know about ourselves
only what we've been tested
[Wislawa Szymborska, poet]
matt74ike

Postby far_eastofwest » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:23 am

well hope so too, its takes a bit, like a chameleon lizard, try to reinvent yourself to live in the current situation whatever it is. Think its a combination of enjoying the present moment for part of the day (ie, do something fun, a game of monopoly or whatever) and not worry about the other stuff for a period of time each day, but also spend some time brainstorming what sort of life you can rebuild with your current situation. Think this is good even when life is 'successful' in the money/relationships/health areas, sometimes we forget the little things when we have the material needs filled to the brim.
Maybe try and do something there is a high chance of 'success' on a daily basis, it may be a jog or a family walk or watching a great dvd together so life doesn't feel like an 'fail' and there is at least one little bright point in each day, a 'enjoy the now' time for a bit. A free online course on web page design/xhtml and javascript i found is quite inspiring (knowing what those little slashes and arrows mean gave me some happy moments, lol) but everyone will find their own little inspiring freebies.
Take care
:-)
far_eastofwest

Postby matt74ike » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

far_eastofwest wrote:well hope so too, its takes a bit, like a chameleon lizard, try to reinvent yourself to live in the current situation whatever it is.

I consider "reinventing" myself as the hardest part of reform. It takes a lot of courage to say: ok, the way I earned money so far doesn't work. So, what to do? I'm 38 years old and should start my career all over again? Is it even possible? I'm amazed how easy it is to give wise advices and how impossibly hard to follow them. A year ago I was the wise one who was full of them. Now it's my turn...
Matt
We know about ourselves
matt74ike

Postby far_eastofwest » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Wise advice is best given to oneself.... really what i wrote is more my own advice i gave to myself and it kinda works (ie, i have food, healthy kids, kinda sane), so more offered as ideas that you can browse through as part of the forum and see if something vaguely sounds like it may be something you can mod up to fit your situation.

Well, you already know 38 is pretty young and many people do reinvents at this time, ie, people who never wanted kids suddenly start cooing at dribbling faces in prams...

Should you start your career again? Only you know that, did it not work out because of something you did then it may be worth another go, as you now know what Not To Do, if its because of outside factors (ie, no one now wants to buy vcr tapes and your business sells them) then probably not. You'll figure it out.

btw, i used to have a career too... was a bit (understatement of the year) depressing when it went, followed by my home.... (ET never mentions insects, fleas, spiders etc when 'park benching'), but life goes on, its not at all romantic and enjoyable being stony broke so, as far as i'm concerned, its quite okay to feel miserable about it.... just try to keep some joy in life too.
far_eastofwest

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 pm

So, what to do? I'm 38 years old and should start my career all over again? Is it even possible?

What would you do with your life if you knew you couldn't (and you never do) fail?

I answered that question at 37 and started living the life I live now. Yes it meant retraining, going to uni as a mature age student was a hoot and a breeze and opened up whole new ways of thinking and being.

Living way below the poverty line and doing homework at the kitchen table with two children was also actually quite fun and freeing. We knew our budget was tight, divided it up into 'jars' with names on them budgeting for fixed bills first, things like food, clothing, entertainment had very little in them so we became very creative. Basically if there was money in the jar we could decide how to spend it by consensus, if there was no money in the jar we either had to wait till there was or accept that there wasn't.
... that all went trippingly... then...

At 46 I became 'pregnant with me' by life necessity starting all over again in everything - family, career, possessions, beliefs, environment, everything changed, re-evaluating everything.

The hard part was letting go of 'expectations' of how life 'should have been' at that stage. There is a grief process to be had, a journey between expectation and reality.
Once I came to grips with reality the fun part began.

The fun part was I got to choose what to put into my life all over again, with the maturity of experiences lived and learned from.

I drew up a page with Physical, Emotional, Material, Intellectual, Sensual, Financial and looked at what did I want or need in those boxes/aspects... the response ability to fulfill them were mine.

It's all good. It just is what it is and there is much peace to be had in first accepting that.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby matt74ike » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 am

far_eastofwest and smiileyjen101 thank you for your supporting posts.
Matt
We know about ourselves
matt74ike

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences