A Dream I Had Last Night

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

A Dream I Had Last Night

Postby ZenDrumming » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 pm

I'd like to share a poignant dream I had last night, if you would care to read it.

"
I find myself wandering, and searching. I am in a barren landscape, among other lost souls. The setting is a sloped surface. There are patches of fire and danger all over, although they don't seem to be my main concern. They only add to the fear and the sense that I need to find Help. The other souls around me are very distinguished, with unique characteristics for each, clearly defining them. Myself and these other souls are all slowly sliding down the hill; we fight, and hope to climb, but the struggle is so great that we can only hope to maintain our elevations. In addition to the fire and danger, There are swarms of locusts and beetles flying down the terrain, and they are too powerful to run against.

I had almost given up hope when all at once I sense a Presence. I instantly knew that this was God. He appeared to me as two fuzzy circles, drifting in the air. There seemed to be importance in the fact that there were two of them, although I can't figure out the significance. At once, I tried to confront Him; to cry for help and praise Him. He shrugged me off and retreated. At that moment, I felt a Divine message being given. It was gently saying, "Stop trying to define Me. I have no characteristics. You cannot apprehend me, for true godliness has no form. If you wish to be like Me, you will drop your need for approval, your need to be noticed, your need for recognition. You will become practically invisible to most, and only few will realize what You are. You must give up that world to enter Ours." (All of this information was given without words, but I've done my best to translate.)

At that moment, I realized. All that time I was searching for help and playing the victim, I was allowing the fire and brimstone to pull me down the hill. I surrendered, and became little more than a vibration. As soon as this shift had taken place, I started ascending the hill, with practically no effort. The swarms of insects flew right by my head and didn't bother me one bit. I was finally free.

There is another part of the Diving message that I'm having trouble putting into words. I was told that at that moment I had a "thing" attached to me. Almost like an asterisk, or a bright light that keeps blinking. I was told that as long as that "thing" is attached to me, I do not belong in the realm of Spirits. This "thing", whatever it was, could best be described as a bit obnoxious, flashy, and indicative of a lower evolutionary functioning. I'm not exactly sure what this was referring to, but I think it could be the thing we refer to as "ego", or the mind. I noticed in this dream that I was embarrassed and ashamed at how I kept trying to mentally label, judge, and analyze this Being. I tried to smother Him with my thoughts and fears, and turn him into a gimmick. He sensed this, and did not engage, for that is something I must let go of on my own.

I also remember a part of my dream when I was witnessing a big and beautiful butterfly moving gracefully. I suddenly realized, however, that she was actually comprised by many, many little insects, who were each playing a part perfectly, to give the illusion of the big butterfly. It got me thinking about how all that our bodies are is a big collection of molecules working together, and how on a grander scale we can each play a part to resemble a larger picture.

In the last part of this dream, I made chili in a blender for some reason, and accidentally turned it on with the lid off, which got it everywhere. I had to hurry and clean it up before guests came over. I've since realized that God likes jokes. :lol:
"

Hope you enjoyed reading. Have a good day!
ZenDrumming

Re: A Dream I Had Last Night

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks for sharing ZenD.

Can I ask... when you woke up ... were you refreshed or exhausted after that?

Do you notice where these notions have emerged in your awareness previously?

In the last part of this dream, I made chili in a blender for some reason, and accidentally turned it on with the lid off, which got it everywhere. I had to hurry and clean it up before guests came over. I've since realized that God likes jokes. :lol:

So do we :P
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ZenDrumming » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Nice to hear from you smileyjen :)

smiileyjen101 wrote:Can I ask... when you woke up ... were you refreshed or exhausted after that?

Do you notice where these notions have emerged in your awareness previously?

I felt very refreshed, despite being sick. I was coughing violently all night and got very little actual sleep, so I was surprised how awake and "with it" I felt. Oddly enough, inspiration like this seems to strike most often when my physical health is compromised. I suppose it could be because my "guard" is down and I'm more accepting of it.

To your second question, yes. A part of it speaks to how I still have a lot invested in my social encounters and the way I'm perceived. The people who do the most good are often unrecognized and just coast under the radar, and that runs contrary to what I've come to expect and desire. The energies of others are a difficult thing to be around sometimes. It's hard to find that balance where you can be confident and strong, yet sensitive and able to adapt, and always able to stay focused on the big picture. Kind of like certain branches of the martial arts.

The main thing I think this spoke to is my constant search for comfort from others. The need to be reassured and feel safe with somebody else. I often forget that it's already inside me, that I don't need anything from anybody. I've realized that many relationships are based on this comfort-exchange, and I've been struggling lately with figuring out what I'm really looking for. I may have just forever ruined my chances with a special girl because I wanted that comfort and she couldn't give it to me because of personal issues. I say that I want a purely spiritual connection, but I've realized that I have my own baggage attached to it that is my own to work through first. I have a way of getting ahead of myself and projecting my own obstacles on others, so this dream kind of served to remind me who I am, where I am, and what I need to focus on. It was like a reality check from the part of me that knows. In a sense I think it was telling me to relax into myself and drop the unnecessary noise. Also to keep chili out of the blender.
ZenDrumming

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:53 am

The people who do the most good are often unrecognized and just coast under the radar, and that runs contrary to what I've come to expect and desire.

Nice noticing ZenD... expectation and desire do tend to get in the way of seeing what is... and what is.. is so much nicer than anything we can conjure up in our brain or hold onto to define.

Your thing about the butterfly being made up of many particles... seeing both the particles and the butterfly and their perfection in motion is clear seeing. Its the same for any thought, experience, feeling, dream, desire, 'thing' - again nice noticing.

I do understand your notions about panic and receiving, in a funny way with the election hype in the US I keep 'hearing' JFK ... ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. This gives you back your immense sense of being, of power, of generosity and gratitude... love, and allows one to pour themselves into.. rather than shore up their borders 'against' things. Its such a different way of being.

In the last part of this dream, I made chili in a blender for some reason, and accidentally turned it on with the lid off, which got it everywhere. I had to hurry and clean it up before guests came over

With the chilli.. I'm not sure if you noticed it yet, the panic/hurry to clean up, may have been over what others 'may' think about you spilling out all over in all your beautiful uncontained, having been through the 'blender' gory/glory of this realisation from the dream. :?:

In that sense what does...
Also to keep chili out of the blender
as a decision, speak to? Close down.. or let it rip?

It's said that 'life' is to be found on the very edge of our comfort zone. This is after all how one grows.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby Amritam » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:47 am

ZenDrumming wrote:I'd like to share a poignant dream I had last night, if you would care to read it.

"
I find myself wandering, and searching. I am in a barren landscape, among other lost souls. The setting is a sloped surface. There are patches of fire and danger all over, although they don't seem to be my main concern. They only add to the fear and the sense that I need to find Help. The other souls around me are very distinguished, with unique characteristics for each, clearly defining them. Myself and these other souls are all slowly sliding down the hill; we fight, and hope to climb, but the struggle is so great that we can only hope to maintain our elevations. In addition to the fire and danger, There are swarms of locusts and beetles flying down the terrain, and they are too powerful to run against.

I had almost given up hope when all at once I sense a Presence. I instantly knew that this was God. He appeared to me as two fuzzy circles, drifting in the air. There seemed to be importance in the fact that there were two of them, although I can't figure out the significance. At once, I tried to confront Him; to cry for help and praise Him. He shrugged me off and retreated. At that moment, I felt a Divine message being given. It was gently saying, "Stop trying to define Me. I have no characteristics. You cannot apprehend me, for true godliness has no form. If you wish to be like Me, you will drop your need for approval, your need to be noticed, your need for recognition. You will become practically invisible to most, and only few will realize what You are. You must give up that world to enter Ours." (All of this information was given without words, but I've done my best to translate.)

At that moment, I realized. All that time I was searching for help and playing the victim, I was allowing the fire and brimstone to pull me down the hill. I surrendered, and became little more than a vibration. As soon as this shift had taken place, I started ascending the hill, with practically no effort. The swarms of insects flew right by my head and didn't bother me one bit. I was finally free.

There is another part of the Diving message that I'm having trouble putting into words. I was told that at that moment I had a "thing" attached to me. Almost like an asterisk, or a bright light that keeps blinking. I was told that as long as that "thing" is attached to me, I do not belong in the realm of Spirits. This "thing", whatever it was, could best be described as a bit obnoxious, flashy, and indicative of a lower evolutionary functioning. I'm not exactly sure what this was referring to, but I think it could be the thing we refer to as "ego", or the mind. I noticed in this dream that I was embarrassed and ashamed at how I kept trying to mentally label, judge, and analyze this Being. I tried to smother Him with my thoughts and fears, and turn him into a gimmick. He sensed this, and did not engage, for that is something I must let go of on my own.

I also remember a part of my dream when I was witnessing a big and beautiful butterfly moving gracefully. I suddenly realized, however, that she was actually comprised by many, many little insects, who were each playing a part perfectly, to give the illusion of the big butterfly. It got me thinking about how all that our bodies are is a big collection of molecules working together, and how on a grander scale we can each play a part to resemble a larger picture.

"

Hope you enjoyed reading. Have a good day!

What a spectacular dream ZD! You got direct guidance! You are very fortunate to have had this dream and it has such good insights. I believe you are correct in interpreting the 'thing' as the ego.
Beautiful. Be sure and print out this dream and save it. You will want to savor and study it. I have been interpreting my dreams for over 30 years. I keep journals and it is amazing the guidance that comes through.
To have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.~ Tilopa
Amritam

Postby ZenDrumming » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:31 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:I do understand your notions about panic and receiving, in a funny way with the election hype in the US I keep 'hearing' JFK ... ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. This gives you back your immense sense of being, of power, of generosity and gratitude... love, and allows one to pour themselves into.. rather than shore up their borders 'against' things. Its such a different way of being.

Thank you, Jen. This is a nice way of putting it. You can flip from victim identification to a place of self-empowerment in the blink of an eye. It instantly goes from "Who can pick me up?" to "Who can I help to pick up?" I've delayed posting a bit because we had to put my family dog down on Wednesday. It has been sad, but at the same time a relief, to see him move on and leave the suffering. I've been trying to be there for my family, which has helped to keep me from slipping back into that victim, problem mentality. It's odd because I had a dream about a month ago in which I was running through fields with the "soul" of my dog (he was in human form for some of the time), having so much fun, and after our frolicking we ended up walking past very small cemeteries on the edge of a farm. We couldn't find the one we were looking for, and that's when I woke up. Sorry if this sounds weird.

"With the chilli.. I'm not sure if you noticed it yet, the panic/hurry to clean up, may have been over what others 'may' think about you spilling out all over in all your beautiful uncontained, having been through the 'blender' gory/glory of this realisation from the dream."

Wow, I think you may be on to something. I do remember the anxious feeling of not wanting them to see me with spilled chili on my arm, haha. I do have reserves about letting myself go. Something keeps pulling me back, and I'm having some trouble pinning down what it is.

Actually, this reminds me of something I've noticed, maybe you can relate. It seems that in those beautiful moments, when I am able to let go and BE in a situation, I'm presented with a series of tests. It'll start small, maybe I'll trip on a rock, and usually I'll just laugh it off. Then something else will trigger, like traffic or a problem with my car, and it may challenge me, but I'll accept it. However, there always seems to be that one thing that comes along that puts me back on my a$$. I think that finding and identifying these "overload" triggers is the way to learn to remain in that state of acceptance.

I can definitely see the "chili" being representative of that moment when something grabs me back, that thing that I can't resist getting sucked into. And if I can find whatever is serving as my chili, I can stop running from it. Is this kind of what you were referring to? Maybe? :lol:

"It's said that 'life' is to be found on the very edge of our comfort zone. This is after all how one grows."

I like that.
ZenDrumming

Postby ZenDrumming » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Amritam wrote:What a spectacular dream ZD! You got direct guidance! You are very fortunate to have had this dream and it has such good insights. I believe you are correct in interpreting the 'thing' as the ego.
Beautiful. Be sure and print out this dream and save it. You will want to savor and study it. I have been interpreting my dreams for over 30 years. I keep journals and it is amazing the guidance that comes through.

Thank you :D

I do intend on coming back to this from time to time. I've never kept a dream journal, but I think it would be a good habit to make. Especially since I've been having a few encounters lately with lucid dreaming that I wish to explore. The act of dreaming and what we are shown in dreams are nothing short of incredible.
ZenDrumming

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 am

Hugs and compassion in the passing of your dog ZenD. I'm glad you had that dream, romping in the meadow, we are so blessed by our other species companions, and yes flayed by their loss in our lives. Whether it be in dream or awareness reality forewarned is forearmed.

Jen said: "With the chilli.. I'm not sure if you noticed it yet, the panic/hurry to clean up, may have been over what others 'may' think about you spilling out all over in all your beautiful uncontained, having been through the 'blender' gory/glory of this realisation from the dream."

ZenD said: Wow, I think you may be on to something. I do remember the anxious feeling of not wanting them to see me with spilled chili on my arm, haha. I do have reserves about letting myself go.

Something keeps pulling me back, and I'm having some trouble pinning down what it is.

I've posted a brilliant very short video in this thread.... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11011

and asked some questions on folks' awareness of their own viewing of it, and then their perceptions of their processing and states after viewing it.

I think it may 'click' for you, if not that one then another one that Ashley posted from a different professor. Take a peek and let us know in there how it might resonate in view of your noticing here...

Actually, this reminds me of something I've noticed, maybe you can relate. It seems that in those beautiful moments, when I am able to let go and BE in a situation, I'm presented with a series of tests. It'll start small, maybe I'll trip on a rock, and usually I'll just laugh it off. Then something else will trigger, like traffic or a problem with my car, and it may challenge me, but I'll accept it. However, there always seems to be that one thing that comes along that puts me back on my a$$. I think that finding and identifying these "overload" triggers is the way to learn to remain in that state of acceptance.

Something is viewing 'what is', or maybe the increasing awareness within 'what is' as a 'test'... hmmmmmmmm :wink:

Have a look at that other topic/video and see what you think, or rather how you think about what you think about. See you in there :D

Try watching it and imagining if you were her right then in her performance... many would shrink away.
smiileyjen101

Postby ZenCowgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 am

oh my goodness, at the risk of being presumptuous I am going to interpret this dream as if I know what I am talking about. Amritan can correct me or reign me in if I go off the deep end. but I sensed what it is about and rushed through, not reading it carefully, wanting to get to the replies. then I went back up and read it again, and it was even more what it is. So here goes. By the way - do you have older siblings????

ok, the slippery slope is your mother - and you cannot hang on. you slip and slide down because she kind of left you there; it might have been difficult to hang on securly to her breast. That scares you. The two circles in the sky are her two breasts, which is what you want and you (think you) need.

You learn in the dream that you do not REALLY need mother any more, you can fend for yourself - and all the moreso if you do not allow "things" in the world to ossify into (false) things, but, rather, you allow them to keep their interconnected radiance.

The "thing" that is hanging from you is your umbilical cord - to moma. It CAN be cut. You ARE ok. That almost perfect girl might have run away because she sensed you have not fully come to terms with letting go of moma. She may have felt a little cornered: no wife wants to become mama.

You are dreaming about mama because you are sick. When you were sick as a child, you particularly needed her, so these deep seated needs and these deep seated worries that you are not connected anymore, come up more when you are sick. Normal.

Finally, the chili in the blender is you getting toilet trained (sheesh - I never knew I was such a Freudian, but it seems so obvious). You are having guests over, showing that you actually are an adult, not a child, and you can take this as a joke and just get the lid and serve the chili.

Congratulations. You are an adult! When you feel you are slipping and sliding off mama, you can rest ok because the beauty of seeing that you now have the "ability to BE" - just to BE.

Now, you can throw that all out - because I do not really know or have a right to toss this out - or accept it if it seems true. You're free!
ZenCowgirl

Postby ZenDrumming » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks, smileyjen, and I will check out that thread.

smiileyjen101 wrote:Something is viewing 'what is', or maybe the increasing awareness within 'what is' as a 'test'... hmmmmmmmm :wink:

:)
ZenDrumming

Postby ZenDrumming » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 pm

ZenCowgirl wrote:oh my goodness, at the risk of being presumptuous I am going to interpret this dream as if I know what I am talking about. Amritan can correct me or reign me in if I go off the deep end. but I sensed what it is about and rushed through, not reading it carefully, wanting to get to the replies. then I went back up and read it again, and it was even more what it is. So here goes. By the way - do you have older siblings????

ok, the slippery slope is your mother - and you cannot hang on. you slip and slide down because she kind of left you there; it might have been difficult to hang on securly to her breast. That scares you. The two circles in the sky are her two breasts, which is what you want and you (think you) need.

You learn in the dream that you do not REALLY need mother any more, you can fend for yourself - and all the moreso if you do not allow "things" in the world to ossify into (false) things, but, rather, you allow them to keep their interconnected radiance.

The "thing" that is hanging from you is your umbilical cord - to moma. It CAN be cut. You ARE ok. That almost perfect girl might have run away because she sensed you have not fully come to terms with letting go of moma. She may have felt a little cornered: no wife wants to become mama.

You are dreaming about mama because you are sick. When you were sick as a child, you particularly needed her, so these deep seated needs and these deep seated worries that you are not connected anymore, come up more when you are sick. Normal.

Finally, the chili in the blender is you getting toilet trained (sheesh - I never knew I was such a Freudian, but it seems so obvious). You are having guests over, showing that you actually are an adult, not a child, and you can take this as a joke and just get the lid and serve the chili.

Congratulations. You are an adult! When you feel you are slipping and sliding off mama, you can rest ok because the beauty of seeing that you now have the "ability to BE" - just to BE.

Now, you can throw that all out - because I do not really know or have a right to toss this out - or accept it if it seems true. You're free!

Thank you so much for this. A big part of why I posted it was to see some other perspectives and interpretations.

First, I have an older half-brother, but I haven't seen him in many years (besides once at a funeral). I used to look up to him so much and loved when he would come visit, since he lived with his mom growing up. I'm curious how this would factor in to your interpretation. I also have a sister, who is a few years younger than me.

The rest of your analysis, I'm a little embarrassed to admit, seems pretty spot on. I've always had health problems, and as a child I spent a lot of time in the "sick" mentality. I also had my mental demons, terrible anxiety, and an over analytic mind. I saw and felt too much for my own good, and in a way it overburdened and crippled me and left me in the role of victim for most of my life. I think such a thing is common in my family, at least the health aspects, and we've all found our own ways of coping with it. My mom sensed this in me, this vulnerability to the world, and she gave everything she had to protect me.

I do think there is a part of me that still feels I need protection, especially when my health issues come up, which is often. But I am finding more and more that place of power and strength inside myself. It's difficult growing up mentally when I'm back home after college at 25... but I gotta work with what I can in this economy. I also know that my mom doesn't want to let go, and that it's something I'll have to initiate on my own. I still don't know... HOW to fully let go, but my hope is that it's a gradual process that is already underway.

So I think your interpretation was pretty impressive :)

I'm also starting to realize that the "perfect" girl may have just felt so perfect because me and her are so similar. It was like meeting myself in female form, and I've come to learn that that doesn't mean we're compatible. Live and learn :|
ZenDrumming

Postby ZenCowgirl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 am

good - glad the analysis kicked out the jams a bit.
asked about siblings just because there was a touch of "other people have stuff - why not me?"

the great thing about being alone is that alone spells all-one: you're on your way to awareness!
ZenCowgirl

Postby Robert » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Awesome dream, I love those when I have them. Also interesting to read other people's interpretations. One thing that struck me was the appearance of "God" as 2 circles, and although an explanation has been given for that, what came to me when I read it was a feeling of God as a unity of all (being "One") and at the same time, encompassing all that exists (being "many", or "2"). Our "baggage" then, as you mentioned it, is God showing us what we need to experience to understand this Oneness, so although it may include pain, it is actually God loving us giving us exactly what we “need”. Dunno if that made sense :) ...
Robert

Postby ZenDrumming » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Robert wrote:Awesome dream, I love those when I have them. Also interesting to read other people's interpretations. One thing that struck me was the appearance of "God" as 2 circles, and although an explanation has been given for that, what came to me when I read it was a feeling of God as a unity of all (being "One") and at the same time, encompassing all that exists (being "many", or "2"). Our "baggage" then, as you mentioned it, is God showing us what we need to experience to understand this Oneness, so although it may include pain, it is actually God loving us giving us exactly what we “need”. Dunno if that made sense :) ...

They are great, for sure. I thought the same things, and could definitely see it in that context. My biggest take-away was to just stop fighting the flow!
ZenDrumming

Return to Personal Experiences