True surrender

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

True surrender

Postby matt74ike » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 am

I'm going through process of revision of my spirituality.
When I looked at my spiritual path I noticed one almost imperceptible (but still) odor permeating all my being - I felt guilt. Guilt that after reading all ET books and listening to his talks I should be more aware and not let my ego to take control. Guilt that I'm privileged because, these poor unconscious people don't have choice. I have - I know how to be conscious, and when I'm unconscious then there is something wrong with me. This feeling of guilt was almost imperceptible, but finally I named it.

And here is my realization: I was practicing surrender, but only half way, only one direction - outside.

I thought surrender is about conscious, nonjudgemental look at everything around me, but it is also surrender to everything what is happening inside me.
I surrender to the fact that sometimes I let my ego act, I surrender to the fact that I'm not always conscious, I surrender to everything, and I mean absolutely everything. Even to the fact that I expect that this realization will help me be more conscious. This is true surrender.
Matt
We know about ourselves
only what we've been tested
[Wislawa Szymborska, poet]
matt74ike

Re: True surrender

Postby floweringoz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 am

That's wonderful matt74ike.

As someone likewise surrendering to everything I experience, including inner feelings both positive and negative, I have discovered the space that results from my surrendering allows for the big discoveries about where my inner feelings come from. Surrendering opens you up to realising stuff that unlocks the age old questions, "why do I feel so bad" and "why do I react like that and can't seem to stop".

As someone told me recently about reading the Indian scripture, the Bhagavad Gita, 'the important thing is to listen'.

Marvellous.
floweringoz

Re: True surrender

Postby matt74ike » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:07 am

floweringoz wrote:Surrendering opens you up to realising stuff that unlocks the age old questions, "why do I feel so bad" and "why do I react like that and can't seem to stop".

These are kind of questions we'll never get final answer. Only sometimes I have impression that finally I know why... but a few days after I know I was wrong :)
Matt
We know about ourselves
only what we've been tested
[Wislawa Szymborska, poet]
matt74ike

Return to Personal Experiences