Come join me, if you will...

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Come join me, if you will...

Postby rachMiel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 am

:-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby runstrails » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 am

Good one, Jen :D.
runstrails

Postby heidi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm finding a little practice very useful. When a thought comes in, even when it makes words to go with it, look for the picture - because almost every thought has a picture attached to it, and they pop in quite ethereally - ghost images. But to look for them slows everything down, and lets thought just kind of pass without identification. I've learned through inquiry (Scott Kiloby's Living Inquiry) that we seem to identify with thoughts when they have a visceral hit. So if we stop and look and feel, and just let the sensation be as it is without words or pictures, it just opens into awareness. Learning to see where images and sensations are linked is a wonderful doorway to awareness. :-)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby runstrails » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:54 am

I like this Heidi. I just tried it and it worked well. I struggled to find a picture and the thought dissipated. Thanks for sharing.

I've also noticed that stressful thoughts, when they arise, are now automatic reminders/facilitators of shifting perspective to Self. Then, when the thought is seen in the light of Self, well, it looses it's grip.
runstrails

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 am

If you have an iPhone or any other Apple device, you can download a free app that you can program to ring a delightful bell and/or a visual reminder set for once an hour, or every 2, 4, 8 or 24hrs. I find it useful to ding hourly as a reminder to pause and come to the present (if not already there). It can be found here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/focus-of-my-day/id519902330?mt=8 or downloaded through your Apple device searching for the "Focus of my day" app.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
Rick

Postby runstrails » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks Rick. That's a terrific idea.

I'm continue to find it easier and easier to shift perspective to the 'Self' or however you want to call it. It can become pretty automatic, since thought itself is being used as a reminder. Every time there is a thought stream that mind gets swept up in, somehow there also appears to be an inbuilt reminder to shift perspective. The goal is to make the shifted perspective (to the Self worldview) the default one and use the small self, when needed.

Its also fun noticing things from the Self perspective. For one, its clear that thought streams are what turn consciousness into unconsciousness. Of course, if they are noticed they don't appear to have a lasting effect.

Another thing that's been noticed: In order to maintain the perspective from Self some things happen automatically. One, (when alone) the focus stays on the 'present' and (when with others), the focus goes to the inner body. These appear to happen automatically in order to maintain the perspective from the 'Self'. Now, I've never been able to do the 'staying present' and inner body 'practices' as taught by Tolle. But simply shifting perspective to Self invokes them naturally! So now I know how Tolle came by them at least :D.
runstrails

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences