feeling alone in this

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

feeling alone in this

Postby kev42 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I had my awakening back in august while reading the power of now.It did not happen slowly for me ,it came on all at once.Now that the "me" i thought i was is almost gone i feel alone.My wife does not get it,my family thinks its just new age mumbo jumbo & my friends think i am a rambling lunatic.I cant put it into words when i try to explain it to any one.I lost the feeling of oneness i had early on when this first started & now i feel separate from every one.now i feel like i'm just playing a part in a play in this world.i have no desire to go back to the former world of the ego .its been nice to read about other people going through this on this forum but i wish i had someone to talk to that understands.
kev42

Re: feeling alone in this

Postby ZenDrumming » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 pm

I would drop the ideas of "awakening", "ego", and "oneness" for a little bit. They become more of a burden than anything.
ZenDrumming

Postby rideforever » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 pm

This is a typical experience and I am sure many people (including me) have felt very uncertain and distressed after a spiritual shock like this.

I can't say I am an expert but I found some shocks totally disrupted my life and after some time feeling half-crazy I decided that it would be better if I put some routine into my life while I continue with my inner search. I stopped isolating myself and tried to integrate outer life with inner life, leaving time for both. And keeping my body healthy through exercise and clean food.

The outer world is what gives birth to the inner world, it is also divine and there is no need to make an enemy of it.

Yes, many people cannot understand. Yet, but they all learn through their experiences. I find it quite wonderful to relate the new understanding in a way that people can understand.

Once the shocks start life can move from being very disturbed to basic normal and boring, back and forth. It made sense to me to continue working on the inside but make a friend of the outside.

"Before Enlightenment chop wood and carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water."
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Yutso » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 am

Yutso

Postby MForell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 am

Hi Kev
What helped me about the disorientation is to remember that nothing has really died here, just the illuusion. You were always like this so its natural, you just couldnt see it through the thoughts. Its like for the first time you experience the world as it is, and not the expectations of it. For the first time it just is. And its actually quite delightful. Wonderful things are starting to come out of this. When i dont have expectations about people anymore or about mysself, things are actually starting to work out like magic. Many new great relationships and so on. Im still on my process and have already seen it gets more familiar, more natural and easier over time. :)
MForell

Postby Nick23 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

kev42 wrote:I had my awakening back in august while reading the power of now.It did not happen slowly for me ,it came on all at once.Now that the "me" i thought i was is almost gone i feel alone.My wife does not get it,my family thinks its just new age mumbo jumbo & my friends think i am a rambling lunatic.I cant put it into words when i try to explain it to any one.I lost the feeling of oneness i had early on when this first started & now i feel separate from every one.now i feel like i'm just playing a part in a play in this world.i have no desire to go back to the former world of the ego .its been nice to read about other people going through this on this forum but i wish i had someone to talk to that understands.

Had your experience from Christmas 25 December till 30 . I had a " crysis " like you say that you are seperate from everybody. My ego came back 5-6 days after and i m trying to get the same shock. Trust me life sucks when i live like this again. My head is heavy again from thinking i sleep a lot i m more depressed i dont enjoy nature as i did those 5 days i see ppl and judge them when i didnt those 5 days. The feeling you describe is scary sometimes i agree cause i experienced it but its WAY WAY WAY WAY LESS than this ugly EGO. Trust me on that. I feel "normal " which is the ego again between my family again but still i m trying to get the "seperate" feeling as you say back again. Cause i know that thats my real self without fears or anxiety. Appreciate that you still got it. I wonder in which chapter your "shock " came.
Nick23

Return to Personal Experiences