Greetings and Comment

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Greetings and Comment

Postby khuberry » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Hello Everyone!
Having read Power of Now a few times over in the last few years while also reading and rereading a few other Tolle books it seems OK to post an observation at this point.

These books have successfully consolidated many years of personal research, study, and meditations that began in the late 60's into a simple day to day practice. No longer am I seeking, expecting, searching, imagining, projecting, formulating, or envying after self realization or enlightenment.

I am grateful for the big questions finally being clarified and for Power of Now revealing the actual maneuvers of the mind/ego as it operates within. Learning some methods to see through the opaque screen in place from past experiences allows me to connect with life. This is by far the most important lesson that I have learned and will feel forever grateful that the knowledge was revealed.

Finally I am glad that you are all here and that we are "concious-ly" together. Good for us and I pray for the enlightenment of all beings. :-)
Doug
khuberry

Re: Greetings and Comment

Postby kiki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:19 am

Welcome to the board, khuberry. I look forward to your contributions to our community.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Sighclone » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 am

Welcome, khuberry! We are glad you joined -- please comment and post as you see fit. One reason we have survived so long (9 years on now) is that we adhere to some rules, here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2051

These are not hard to follow, and we generally warn users if they violate one. However, malicious violations can result in sudden termination...not something I feel is a risk for you. :)

Welcome again,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby khuberry » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Thank you gentlemen. Happy New Year to all!
khuberry

Return to Personal Experiences