Conversations with God

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Conversations with God

Postby karmarider » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 am

Someone recommended this book by Neil Diamond Walsch to me.

It's not the kind of title I would pick up. I don't like the word God and felt that maybe this was a prostelyzing book.

But in reading it, I am fascinated. I don't quite know what to make of it just it just yet. I have the audio of it and also the book. I find myself listening to it over and over. It makes sense but I don't have logic for it.. My approach has been of inquiry and experiment, and it has served me very well, and this is so different for me, and yet I am compelled to explore it.

Love is what is, and only is, in oneness, and to experience itself, it is bursting out in indivuduated expressions. So that love may know itself completely, the expressions include the opposite of love, which is fear. Hitler and the starving chidren in India are too expressions of love knowing itself. When life recognizes fear, the fear goes, and the creative nature of life becomes obvious. Life is the delicious appreciation of the creating experience.

It makes sense to me but I have no logic for it. I will continue to explore it.
karmarider

Re: Conversations with God

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Here is Walsh's story of how he came to be in contact with 'God' in his own words. A beautiful NDE/OBE type experience. Quite moving. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoBzudjj7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRfUTorfHYU

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm

i LOVE that you're reading this calm man :D

It makes sense but I don't have logic for it.. My approach has been of inquiry and experiment, and it has served me very well, and this is so different for me, and yet I am compelled to explore it.

Heehehe free falling is fun isn't it? - Let it be.

I love that NDW is so fluidly transparent in the telling of it that you've mixed up the singer Neil Diamond with him and I can imagine him wiggling his hips and singing Sweet Caroline.. doo doo doo.. good times never felt so good... :lol:
I had the pleasure of watching Neale Donald Walsch give a presentation. I wanted to see the 'impact' life had had on this man who so childishly loves the force of nature that is the energy of life.

I love his angst and his 'God's' sense of humour and honesty in his books. He's authentic in life too - he's such a 'nut!!' so very funny and humble and wise and serious all at once. He truly is a force of nature, full of the joys of bubbling life, not taking himself seriously at all, but taking the messages and understandings that he now has respectfully. There are similarities with the Dalai Lama in that. It can be so freeing when one realises life is living through you, as you, for you.

He spoke about us all being Ambassadors of God - itself a funny delivery as he put his head down, raised his eyes up over his glasses, lowered his voice and in a pseudo serious manner said "I AM an Ambassador of God...' the irreverence playing as reverence was really funny, maybe you had to be there, but you can be assured the delivery is all joy and light hearted.

He explained being an ambassador not a servant delivering the needs of someone external in authority to us, a true representative of creation with all the authority invested in us, through us, for us ... but that most of us don't feel comfortable with that notion - we are God there is no separation, we have created the separation theology.

He went on to list where this energy flow goes - separation theology > separation cosmology > separation sociology > separation pathology of self >

HIs 'take' on free will really impressed me - I would not presume to answer for you - how you choose to use the energies of life in responding to the energies of life in motion is absolutely up to you.

I don't like the word God and felt that maybe this was a prostelyzing book.

heheehe.. it kinda 'is' - in that it may entice you to change perspectives on things, which is all prostelyzing means. But as in all things the choice is yours, and no choice is wrong... :wink:

"Sweet Caroline"

Where it began, I can't begin to knowin'
But then I know it's growing strong
Was in the spring, And spring became the summer
Who'd have believed you'd come along.

Hands, touchin' hands
Reachin' out, touchin' me touchin' you
Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would
But now I, look at the night
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two.

And when I hurt,
Hurtin' runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when I'm with you
Warm, touchin' warm
Reachin' out, touchin' me touchin' you
Sweet Caroline
I've been inclined,
To believe they never would
Oh, no, no

Sweet Caroline
Sweet Caroline,
I believe they never could
Sweet Caroline.........
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:23 pm

ooh... if you come across the bit where 'god' says everytime you have an experience (I think he says hear a song / get a feeling) and don't follow it.. you turn me down.. he lists a few examples of turning life down... can you quote it here, it's yum food beyond yum, but I can't remember where it is and in which book.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 pm

oh webby!! I had from reading NDW's books thought he yelled some question and 'god' responded....
I hadn't heard of this experience of his, although it makes all the sense in the world, the 'joy' of living as he says when you no longer fear dying you no longer fear living. Thanks for linking it.

aww... colours to a colour-blind man. No different to perspectives to a perspective-blind person - wow, this is what people see.
smiileyjen101

Postby azooo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Conversations with god is a neat book. Highly recommend it!
azooo

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:I hadn't heard of this experience of his, although it makes all the sense in the world, the 'joy' of living as he says when you no longer fear dying you no longer fear living. Thanks for linking it.

:D
Webwanderer

Postby matt74ike » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 am

And good to know Neale Donald Walsch is just a mere mortal as we are :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQ1gMCxrwo
Maciej
We know about ourselves
only what we've been tested
[Wislawa Szymborska, poet]
matt74ike

Return to Personal Experiences