Meeting a centenarian

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Meeting a centenarian

Postby Jcarter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Just wanted to share an experience I had a few weeks ago. My grandfather turned 90 and we had a party for him. He is a wonderful man, sharp, healthy. He has played a big role in my life and im so lucky to have had him with me all these years. At his party I met a friend of his who I had never met before. Upon meeting him I learned that he was 100! I couldn't believe it! He looked 75 at the Most. He had driven himself to the party and I was told he drives himself everywhere. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this man GLOWED with spirit! I shook his hands, which I noticed were not wrinkled at all. I stood next to him for a long time, just to hear him speak, he was so cheerful, smiling. His eyes sparkled. He was a beautiful person! He had an energy radiating off of him that I wanted to be near. It was a wonderful experience. I was immediately reminded of ET's passage about how some elderly people are filled with spirit and it shines through. It's TRUE! Just wanted to share. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)
Jcarter

Re: Meeting a centenarian

Postby magicbutterfly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

That's wonderful to hear. I hope you get to visit with him (and your grandfather) for many more years to come. :D
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now
magicbutterfly

Return to Personal Experiences