Motivation

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Motivation

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi people :)

I was drafting out a longer post but it basically boils down to:

Does anyone else stand in the kitchen wondering how 'I' will know what to do next? I'm finding this sometimes terrifying.

Love
/M
Matt

Re: Motivation

Postby rideforever » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 pm

What do you find terrifying ... that it won't know ? .... or that it will ?
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 pm

That it won't know. Or more like that it doesn't obviously have images in mind of what to do next. It feels like waiting-being, rather than being-being, so to speak.

Albeit that doing flows freely from this place if required.

The torrent of thinking has slowed enough to not be the motivating force, and in the absence of that 'I' am kinda bereft. Without the carrot of the 'future', 'I' am in stasis.

(Seemingly. Some days all this is not felt to be a problem)
Matt

Postby rideforever » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14 pm

It can take quite a while to go from ego-mind to soul-mind ... that's basically transformation of your life so be a little patient.

What I sense is that your thoughts are slowed down and you have a clearing ... but you are waiting for someone else to do the driving instead. (And this waiting for someone IS the ego at a deeper level).

But, there is no need to chase the ego to hell and back ... you are in a good space. Now what you need to do is to take a 2nd look at this quiet space. There is more here than you think ... but it is subtle. Your entire B-E-I-N-G is here. But don't rush off.

In a relaxed way slide into this open space ... like sliding into a warm bath ... BE ... the space. BE HERE.

You will probably find yourself re-starting the ego by mistake and the thoughts coming back ... so if that happens go slowly and look again.

Wait ... wait ... still ... very still ... Beeeeeee .... Beeeeee the space.

Surrender to the space.

Try a few times until you get the flavour of BEING here. And then learn to remain, to stay here, to go deeper.

This is like Abiding in the I Am, or Abiding in Prayer.

Stay relaxed.
Stay sharp.
Don't imagine.
Don't dream.
Don't remember.
Don't analyse.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Wonderful pointers, really appreciated rideforever 8)

Yes, you have it right, surrender has created a space and I think I stalled 'there' in fear. The sensation of space is lovely for a someone, but when you fall through it further and it becomes space for no-one it seems like there is no way of orientation and nowhere to land. I think the fear is a fear of 'dropping out', of oblivion - I have a 'life' to run, responsibilities etc.

You've given me more courage to go back to the looking and being, and the energetic feel of…

"Wait ... wait ... still ... very still ... Beeeeeee .... Beeeeee the space".

… really resonates.

Love
/M
Matt

Return to Personal Experiences