How is your life changed after your awakening??

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

How is your life changed after your awakening??

Postby imago dei » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 am

For exemple: you weren't able to love and now is your life full of affections...or, you were a scared person and now you've moved to abroad or traveled much, you were a closed and aggressive person and now you've become lovely and loved....
Just share your experience, i'm curious to know total changements in people's lives.
But i think that the majority of people survive, but doesn't live...doesn't face her fears.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Re: How is your life changed after your awakening??

Postby karmarider » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:27 am

To be clear, the awakening process is not over for me. But it is now enjoyable, creative, and without expectation. It's the most important thing to me.

My life is very simple. I have no obligations. A job has happened for me which does not take up a lot of time or effort. I keep up with and enjoy my close family relationships and friendships. I feel I am much more effective at anything I choose to do--work, fun, friends, relationships, travel--but I also find that I choose to do very little. I don't have a TV. I was a voracious reader--I do not read much now. Still, I'm never bored. It's a bit of a cliche, but I'm addicted taking walks on the beach everyday. As simple as my life, I still tend to ignore stuff I don't like to do--like dentists and doctors and financial management and car and house maintenance and so on.

As I write this I realize how easy my life is now. I'm immensely grateful for it. Maybe it's time to invite some drama in for a change.
karmarider

Postby Onceler » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:49 pm

You have a beach, Karmarider? Whoa!!!

I agree that it is a process and it feels like the beginning.....having said that, life is brilliant and I look forward to more unfolding of "life's rich tapestry" , to use an REM line. It's not at all what I expected, which I guess was some vague bliss and wisdom. It's more like an absence of things which John Sherman describes; fear, anxiety, depression, malaise, ennui, and general angst.....I too have noticed a receding of boredom. I may not like what is going on, but I am less inclined to try to make it go away or retreat into a cocoon, or even grumble about it. If its a problem to be solved, I usually find a solution. A mind freed of fear seems to be a more creative, fertile mind. I laugh more. Mostly at myself. Those around me seem more relaxed and open.....then I made the connection that this is because I am more relaxed and open! I am maybe not such an edgey ***sshole to be around. It's also about a vanishing of a need to be....fill in the blank.....need to be right, spiritual, wise, perfect, pure, etc.....along with that mess and stress goes guilt and this general feeling that I am not quite right or I need to do something or other to be, um, perfect or something. I can be human and follow my curiosity....running, plant based eating, Qi Gong, philosophy, without feeling that it is critical or essential to my well being.

To me, awakening is about this life, right now, not some altered state or future samadhi. This life is amazing and brilliant. I am so grateful.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby runstrails » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 am

Hi Imago,
Nice topic.
You might also enjoy this thread too since it touches on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8369

Great posts, everyone. Thanks.

I love Anthony DeMello's line: "If you were a fool before awakening, you'll remain a fool after awakening. The difference is that you don't care very much anymore".
Or another great line from DeMello about enlightenment: "I'm an ass, you're an ass, so what's the problem?"
These explain my situation perfectly.

The personality is much the same as before. I'm continually amazed at some of the idiotic things I do--(how unawakened they would appear!). Just today, I heard myself say two of the dumbest things, I've ever said at work. In the past, I would have felt such guilt. Now, it's what happened. Oh well. Might try to remedy it, might not.

What happens in life happens, it doesn't concern me too much. What I do see very clearly, is the illusive nature of it all. Once you realize its an illusion, then you can't take it too seriously. I play along.
runstrails

Postby Onceler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 am

Love the Anthony DeMello quotes, Runstrails. Tru for me as well!!'
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby imago dei » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:24 pm

runstrails wrote:Hi Imago,
Nice topic.
You might also enjoy this thread too since it touches on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8369

Great posts, everyone. Thanks.

I love Anthony DeMello's line: "If you were a fool before awakening, you'll remain a fool after awakening. The difference is that you don't care very much anymore".
Or another great line from DeMello about enlightenment: "I'm an ass, you're an ass, so what's the problem?"
These explain my situation perfectly.

The personality is much the same as before. I'm continually amazed at some of the idiotic things I do--(how unawakened they would appear!). Just today, I heard myself say two of the dumbest things, I've ever said at work. In the past, I would have felt such guilt. Now, it's what happened. Oh well. Might try to remedy it, might not.

What happens in life happens, it doesn't concern me too much. What I do see very clearly, is the illusive nature of it all. Once you realize its an illusion, then you can't take it too seriously. I play along.

Oh nice, i would describe my awakening that way too!!
Basically i keep the main traits of my Being, but i don't have bad feelings about life anymore. I love De Mello as well!! He really keeps me calm and even more fearless.
Anyway i'm still a person with a certain temper/impulsivity, far away from being a calm, impassible monk in Tibet. I have to say, i'm much more impulsive than in the past, since i don't fear anymore people's judgement, rejection and so on...
I still can shout at friends and relatives saying "fuck you" and getting angry, but it's kinda a play for me, what has changed is that now nothing is a tragedy anymore in my heart. Nothing make me depressed and unhappy anymore, unlike in the past. I still have my "faults", though: a certain tendency to analyze and trying to rationally understand the world around....but definitely now it's not so basic for me, nothing is basic, my life doesn't depend on anything on the outside. My life is here and now and always will be, until my last breath.
Moreover, since 2009 (my great awakening), i've become very friendly, passionate, communicative, sunny, playful....sometimes i even have pain in my cheeks for how much do i laugh!!
I think that basically i've become what i've always been, but now i don't feel blocked anymore, i don't feel barriers with the outer world...
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby imago dei » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 pm

karmarider wrote:To be clear, the awakening process is not over for me. But it is now enjoyable, creative, and without expectation. It's the most important thing to me.

My life is very simple. I have no obligations. A job has happened for me which does not take up a lot of time or effort. I keep up with and enjoy my close family relationships and friendships. I feel I am much more effective at anything I choose to do--work, fun, friends, relationships, travel--but I also find that I choose to do very little. I don't have a TV. I was a voracious reader--I do not read much now. Still, I'm never bored. It's a bit of a cliche, but I'm addicted taking walks on the beach everyday. As simple as my life, I still tend to ignore stuff I don't like to do--like dentists and doctors and financial management and car and house maintenance and so on.

As I write this I realize how easy my life is now. I'm immensely grateful for it. Maybe it's time to invite some drama in for a change.

Dramas don't have a place in our life anymore....don't you think??
I'm glad for your life, i feel pretty much like that, too....very few tv (it's such a great loss of time), not too much standard "knowledge" (i mean books), i like taking care of my health, healthy food, no smoke, on the weekend some beers and cocktails without exaggering and being addicted. Going out in the nature is one of my main pleasures, sports, and i feel like my life is full of feelings and affections....Whatelse is more important?! Nothing...I never feel lonely anymore, not even alone in a new town abroad.
And i really feel useful to the community, i never create conflict and i don't like hurting other people's feeling....I'm sure i'm doing many good things for our planet, i have an enormous respect for nature and all beings, human and not.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Return to Personal Experiences